+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visit visa February 2022 timelines.

Rajesh001

Feb 19, 2022
Hi everyone,

Applied for my parents. Feb 14. No need for bio. already given before. Still no movement.
Me too applied on Jan 22nd. didnt request for any document. Just the questionnaire and applicant passport. they already have biometrics. Is it the same case for you?

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Good luck !
I applied for my parents today. Did you check your country application processing times? Do you think they'll take longer or earlier to process?
I've just finished my long and frustrating wait :(( for my citizenship application- hope this other wait is much shorter and less tiring than the previous one even though they say that the average processing time for my country is 60 days.
Best,
A.
It shows 223 days for my country. How bad it is… But good news is I heard people who applied on December got ppr during the first week of February.

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Me too applied on Jan 22nd. didnt request for any document. Just the questionnaire and applicant passport. they already have biometrics. Is it the same case for you?
Nope. There were bunch of different slots requesting documents. I can’t recall them now but yeah there were.

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
What I noticed today in our account is that eligibility section’s statement has changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.” Before I’m pretty sure it was something else. I don’t know if this means anything.

Sap12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-12-2017
Interview........
Yet not
Passport Req..
Yet not
VISA ISSUED...
Yet not
LANDED..........
Hope end of 2017
Hi, I applied for both of my mother and father. Yesterday got a passport request for my father, waiting for monther's one.

Reactions: Anjushka

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi, I applied for both of my mother and father. Yesterday got a passport request for my father, waiting for monther's one.
Hi and congrats for your father. When did you apply? Was it through the online portal as a group application? Did you submit a representative form and did they ask you about additional docs? Qould really appreciate tour reply since I’ve recently applied for my parents, but I’m very worried about how things will go.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
What I noticed today in our account is that eligibility section’s statement has changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.” Before I’m pretty sure it was something else. I don’t know if this means anything.
Our application is refused. After one day eligibility status changed, received refusal letter. This is our second refusal in two years. If you have any advise, I opened another post with details, please advise.
Parents visa refused 2nd time in 2 years | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

Reactions: Girlfrombc27

Sap12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-12-2017
Interview........
Yet not
Passport Req..
Yet not
VISA ISSUED...
Yet not
LANDED..........
Hope end of 2017
Hi and congrats for your father. When did you apply? Was it through the online portal as a group application? Did you submit a representative form and did they ask you about additional docs? Qould really appreciate tour reply since I’ve recently applied for my parents, but I’m very worried about how things will go.
Thanks in advance.
I applied on Jan 25 2022 through an online portal as a group application. No, I didn't submit any representative form and they haven't asked for any document yet.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
I applied on Jan 25 2022 through an online portal as a group application. No, I didn't submit any representative form and they haven't asked for any document yet.
Thanks for your reply Sap12. The timing seems pretty fast. Apparently they process different applications at different timings even within the same family group, and when they ask for passports it’s because they have approved the visa.
I’ve also applied for my parents through the online portal. Everything seemed pretty straightforward and very practical at first. After Submitting I got so confused and worried. I feel a bit relieved from your reply and from some other messages with the members of the forum. My parents applied on Feb 19, and had fingerprints and photos today. We’ll see how long it will take for the results to be reflected on their account.
After that the real wait begins.
Wish you all the best

Reactions: Sap12

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
What is this "new portal" I've been reading here? I got confused with that. I submitted my parents' visitor visa application yesterday, I received biometrics request today but I have no idea about this new portal.

Sap12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-12-2017
Interview........
Yet not
Passport Req..
Yet not
VISA ISSUED...
Yet not
LANDED..........
Hope end of 2017
Thanks for your reply Sap12. The timing seems pretty fast. Apparently they process different applications at different timings even within the same family group, and when they ask for passports it’s because they have approved the visa.
I’ve also applied for my parents through the online portal. Everything seemed pretty straightforward and very practical at first. After Submitting I got so confused and worried. I feel a bit relieved from your reply and from some other messages with the members of the forum. My parents applied on Feb 19, and had fingerprints and photos today. We’ll see how long it will take for the results to be reflected on their account.
After that the real wait begins.
Wish you all the best
Hi Anjushka,

I noticed for my father and another person in this thread it took 10 days after biometrics updated in online status to hear for passport request. Yes, I noticed it varies from application to application.

Thanks

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi Anjushka,

I noticed for my father and another person in this thread it took 10 days after biometrics updated in online status to hear for passport request. Yes, I noticed it varies from application to application.

Thanks
Hi, :)
That’s great news, but I think it really depends on the country specific processing times. My parents’ biometrics got updated today- competed for my mum inly though:( For dad no changed even though they were reflected on the account. I’ll keep you updated for all changes. I’m really nervous about all this!
Best wishes.
A.

Reactions: Sap12

Sap12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-12-2017
Interview........
Yet not
Passport Req..
Yet not
VISA ISSUED...
Yet not
LANDED..........
Hope end of 2017
Hi, :)
That’s great news, but I think it really depends on the country specific processing times. My parents’ biometrics got updated today- competed for my mum inly though:( For dad no changed even though they were reflected on the account. I’ll keep you updated for all changes. I’m really nervous about all this!
Best wishes.
A.
Hi ,

Want to share the update, today my mother also got the passport request. Before that, I raised Webform inquiry, which I believed helped me get the request earlier than later.

Thanks,

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Hi Guys,

Any sample invitation letter for inviting parents from India or any URL which has details on how to apply will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi ,

Want to share the update, today my mother also got the passport request. Before that, I raised Webform inquiry, which I believed helped me get the request earlier than later.

Thanks,
Congrats! You must be so happy!
Thanks for the update :)
So how long did it take for the whole process to end and which country did they apply for ( if they didn't apply from inside Canada?)
My parents applied on Feb 19th and no news so far. Am so worried about how it go=es and don't really know if any immigration officer has already started working on their file. The processing times for my country show 60 days. What about you?
All the best to you and your parents.