+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visa- Please help with info

khansam

Jul 12, 2011
My mother was the main applicant and i was dependent when we came in Canada.My parents were separated when my mother applied for Canada immigration. Now they are reunited again last year.I am going to be a Canadian passport holder next year so i am still a pr now.
My fathers condition
He is handicapped. He is in wheel chair.but apart from Parkinson disease he does not have any serious health problem.

1.Is he eligible to come in Canada as a family sponsorship visa? His health is a issue here.So i am asking?

2.Is he eligible to come in Canada as a visitor? What is the requirement for Handicapped people?

Thanks a lot for your advices.

kcmtno

May 1, 2012
i think that your case is difficult to progresse. the canada finance now is go down. they will check all thing and everything is not good for their society, they will not received. before 5 years ago is ok,. now i think, your father cant not accepted.

goodluck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. I think your father will have difficulty qualifying through family class. You cannot sponsor him because parent and grandparent applications are not being accepted at this time (and even if you could - it sounds like your father would have difficulty passing the medical). I also believe your mother will have a great deal of difficulty sponsoring your father. There's a good chance CIC will say the separation was fake and was arranged so that your mother's PR application would be approved - and will refuse the your father's application.

2. Assuming he is from a non-visa exempt country, he will have to apply for a TRV. To be approved, he will have to prove that he has strong ties to his home country and has no plans to remain in Canada long term (this will be difficult to prove given his wife and son are now in Canada). He will also have to demonstrate that he has enough money to pay for the visit. Given he is disabled, I think it would also be a good idea to show he has medical insurance.

Good luck.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Your mother is in Canada with you? If so, then she would be able to sponsor her "spouse". This is a lot quicker way isn't it? or am I missing something?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sakamath said:
Your mother is in Canada with you? If so, then she would be able to sponsor her "spouse". This is a lot quicker way isn't it? or am I missing something?
The problem is that the mother and father were separated when the mother immigrated to Canada (presumably via a skilled worker stream or something similar). Now they are back together. There's a good chance CIC may say they "separated" so that her PR application wouldn't be disqualified due to the father failing the medical (if the father had failed the medical the entire PR application for the family would have been refused) and that he can no longer be sponsored by her as a family member. However I supposed they can try...