+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Sponsorship

mvaraksa

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Quick question.

I am a permanent resident and would like to sponsor both of my parents to live with me in Canada.
It says that they must become permanent residence, which is fine but will they need to do english tests in order to receive the permanent residence?

What steps would my parents need to take in their PR application.

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

Quick question.

I am a permanent resident and would like to sponsor both of my parents to live with me in Canada.
It says that they must become permanent residence, which is fine but will they need to do english tests in order to receive the permanent residence?

What steps would my parents need to take in their PR application.

Thanks,
No - they don't need language tests. They do however have to pass a medical.

You have to meet minimum income requirements to sponsor them. You must meet these income requirements for three years in a row and this income must be from Canadian sources. Also - there are only a limited number of spots available for parent sponsorship each year. These spots will be awarded a draw or first come, first serve - likely early next year.

Reactions: nayr69sg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure if we will see FIFO again. If the earliest you arrived is late 2017 you wouldn’t qualify yet unless you live in Quebec. You will have to look at the requirements for the PGP program this year. Having your parents move to Canada is never guaranteed but if you make over a certain income they can visit for 2 years through a supervisa. You will have to pay for their health insurance to cover any emergencies under 100k.