+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents sponsorship

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Hi Guys,

I have already applied for the sponsorship for my parents 2 years ago, I was looking at having them visit Toronto sometime this year. I know one case where parents were in the process of being sponsored and they visited Canada. Some people have said they may refuse visitors visa since case is already in process. Is there anyone out there who have experienced a similiar situation? Thank you

kaku

Nov 22, 2009
hi

i have got a form from CHC islamabad for sponsorship case.Please send me email .I want to share and seek help.

regards
k_ihsan@yahoo.com

easylover

Jun 18, 2009
Have you heard anything back from CIC in regards your application to sponsor your parents? have they evaluated you as a sponsor? we havent heard anything but the letter of acknowledgement since we applied to sponsor in Feb 2009; guess should have applied like 2005 if I knew it would take this long

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
easylover -

The first stage (sponsor approval step) of parent applications is currently taking 37 months to complete. Unfortunately I think you still have quite a long wait ahead of you.

easylover

Jun 18, 2009
Yeah figured as much well hopefully the visa plan works out just extend as much as we can, or perhaps try the multiple visa option, not sure how that works though. I have posted about the Multiple Entry visa option it seems to be a mystery, no response yet

sunshineshara

Sep 27, 2010
I submitted my sponsorship application in July 2007 - it is just being processed now.
My parents applied for a multiple entry visitor visa (valid for 3 years) from South Africa and it was approved, no problem. They are retired and just showed proof of "ties" to the country i.e. that they would return from their visit to Canada.
They came to visit in May 2008 and again in March 2009 when my daughter was born, and they are planning another visit for December this year (last visit before their current visa expires). I'm hoping that they will be able to get another visitor visa once this visa expires, but not sure since the sponsorship is now in progress.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maxvol said:
Hi Guys,

I have already applied for the sponsorship for my parents 2 years ago, I was looking at having them visit Toronto sometime this year. I know one case where parents were in the process of being sponsored and they visited Canada. Some people have said they may refuse visitors visa since case is already in process. Is there anyone out there who have experienced a similiar situation? Thank you
During interview for TRV, the visa officer should satisfy that your parents will be returned from Canada up on the visa expiry. If the VO gets a doubt that the idea is for stay in Canada and for extension till the PR visa finalised, then the chances for the TRV is dim.