+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Sponsorship 2022. How to apply?

Valkyrien

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Hello!
I want to apply for Parents + sister sponsorship together with my husband.
What exactly I need for it?

Only IMM 5768 or more?

Option 1) Give us permission to get your tax information directly from CRA

Thank you everyone for help :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello!
I want to apply for Parents + sister sponsorship together with my husband.
What exactly I need for it?

Only IMM 5768 or more?

Option 1) Give us permission to get your tax information directly from CRA

Thank you everyone for help :)
How old is your sister? The program hasn't opened for 2022 with the requirements and deadlines for the lottery. It is usually a lottery and way oversubscribed. Last year, it wasn't even open and the lottery was held only for 2020 profiles. You must meet LICO for the total number of family members for 3 years in a row.

Valkyrien

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
How old is your sister? The program hasn't opened for 2022 with the requirements and deadlines for the lottery. It is usually a lottery and way oversubscribed. Last year, it wasn't even open and the lottery was held only for 2020 profiles.
She will be 21 this year.
I know that program is not open, but I want to prepare info and Applications. Just confused what kind I need to submit for interest of sponsorship.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know that program is not open, but I want to prepare info and Applications. Just confused what kind I need to submit for interest of sponsorship.
We don’t know if there will be changes to the program so except making sure you make a good margin above the LICO levels before Covid because the government lowered LICO during Covid so there will likely be a big jump between LICO last year and this year.

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not sponsor your sister as she's not considered a first degree family member after the age of 18.
To sponsor multiple people, make sure to count your core family members in the LICO calculation. If you don't have any kids, you will be counted as 2 people, your parents and sister (whom you can not sponsor by the way) will all be counted towards the minimum 3 year income requirements.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can not sponsor your sister as she's not considered a first degree family member after the age of 18.
To sponsor multiple people, make sure to count your core family members in the LICO calculation. If you don't have any kids, you will be counted as 2 people, your parents and sister (whom you can not sponsor by the way) will all be counted towards the minimum 3 year income requirements.
For PGP program, it is under 22, not 18. So OP can sponsor parents and sibling as long as she is under 22.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/aod-tool.asp

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is incorrect as already pointed out for another memeber.

Definition of dependent is under 22 at the time of application and single (until landed as PR). To be able to include OP's sister or not depending on when and if OP wins the PGP lottery. If PGP 2022 is open and application is accepted before OP's sister turns 22, OP can include her as depedent of her parents.

Only OP's family plus the OP's parent (PA + Spouse) plus any dependent included in the application is counted towards the LICO calculation.

If OP got seleted AFTER OP's sister turned 22, then she won't be count for the LICO calculation.

Sagar125

Apr 20, 2017
Had a question regarding PGP 2022 too and was hoping I could get some help. My parents visited Canada together as a couple in 2019 but are now divorced and since then my father has married someone else. I want to apply for their PR under PGP, and I know that 2 separate applications are to be filed and that my step-mom has to be in the income calculations too.

So can I legally sponsor my boilogical mother, my father and step mom who both would come here, and a sibling who is 20 through the PGP as long as I have had the income in the past three years? Would this be an issue?