+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PARENTS SPONSORSHIP 2021

SH_2323

Oct 1, 2021
hi,

I have few questions regarding parents sponsorship application for 2021 intake.

1) My youngest sister would be the only dependent under my parents currently. She will be turning 18 on Nov 2021. My question is on forms where they indicate "must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older " - should I be filling out my sister's info given the fact that she will be turning 18 soon? I plan to submit the application package before her birthday though. So, not quite sure how to proceed with this part.

2) CV for my parents - does anyone have any example they can share? There's not much to include for my parents, my dad has been self-employed in multiple businesses over 40 years, mother has been a housewife. Are these details enough? Ofcourse, the usual phone number, address will be provided

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi,

I have few questions regarding parents sponsorship application for 2021 intake.

1) My youngest sister would be the only dependent under my parents currently. She will be turning 18 on Nov 2021. My question is on forms where they indicate "must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older " - should I be filling out my sister's info given the fact that she will be turning 18 soon? I plan to submit the application package before her birthday though. So, not quite sure how to proceed with this part.

2) CV for my parents - does anyone have any example they can share? There's not much to include for my parents, my dad has been self-employed in multiple businesses over 40 years, mother has been a housewife. Are these details enough? Ofcourse, the usual phone number, address will be provided
1) If the application package are dated and signed an submitted BEFORE Nov 18, then you do not need to fill out ht over 18 forms. If you send and sign them on or after Nov 18, you will need to include that form. There is a chance that IRCC will request this form anyway later in the process. I think it's safe to include it if it's not too much a trouble.

2) Just put down what you have. It's NOT a CV for job interview. So just put simple fact down as you have mentioned.

Razacpa

Nov 2, 2021
Hello Everyone,
1) I have question My income for 2019 is $41,020 and threshold MNI is $41007. Would there be problem Am I eligible to apply for my Mother ONLY ??
2) Can my brother come along with her in any way he is 25 yrs old and single. He will be only one left in home country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,
1) I have question My income for 2019 is $41,020 and threshold MNI is $41007. Would there be problem Am I eligible to apply for my Mother ONLY ??
2) Can my brother come along with her in any way he is 25 yrs old and single. He will be only one left in home country.
1) There's no issue as long as you meet the minimum, which you do. I'm not sure what you mean by sponsor your mother only. If your father is still alive and your parents are together, then your father must be included in the application and you must have enough income to cover both your mother and your father.
2) No, there is no way to include your brother. If he wishes to immigrate to Canada then he will have to qualify on his own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry.

SH_2323

Oct 1, 2021
Hi again.

I am filling out the imm5768 - financial evaluation for parents sponsoship and I am stuck at number 5:

"your spouse or common-law partner if not included in number 3 of above. Provide details on the back of the page if they are not co-signing the undertaking"

My question is what details are they looking for? My spouse is not co-signing. I am will be the sole sponsor for my parents and their dependant (i.e. my youngest sister)

Razacpa

Nov 2, 2021
Hi Everyone
I got separated from wife in Feb 2018 and got divorced in Jan 2020. Do i still need to include her in family member list for my 2018,2019,2020 MNI requirements ?

sood2038

Oct 25, 2023
Hi again.

I am filling out the imm5768 - financial evaluation for parents sponsoship and I am stuck at number 5:

"your spouse or common-law partner if not included in number 3 of above. Provide details on the back of the page if they are not co-signing the undertaking"

My question is what details are they looking for? My spouse is not co-signing. I am will be the sole sponsor for my parents and their dependant (i.e. my youngest sister)
Hi. Just wondering what did you end up putting as details. I have same questions now. Thanks