+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Health Insurance

silvrado

May 8, 2014
Hi,

I'm considering the possibility of moving to Canada but am worried about the health costs of taking care of my parents. If I want to bring my parents to live with me under the Parents/Grandparents SuperPass Visa for a year or two, how can I take care of their health?

My parents are 60 and 70 years old and both are diabetic. They take regular medicines and frequently visit the doctor for routine checkups. Will the government cover their health as well? If not, will I be able to get health insurance for them? If so, what cost am I looking at annually?

If something is not clear above, kindly let me know and I can clarify it to you.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They will not be covered by the government health care system under the super visa. To be approved for the super visa, they will need to obtain insurance to cover emergency health care costs while they are here. So yes - you will need to purchase insurance. What it will cover while they are here will depend on the plan you select. Unless you're paying many thousands per year, it's unlikely the insurance will cover everything.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also insurance companies will not cover pre existing conditions. Which means if your parents have diabeties they will not cover that

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
My parents are 60 and 70 years old and both are diabetic. They take regular medicines and frequently visit the doctor for routine checkups. Will the government cover their health as well? If not, will I be able to get health insurance for them? If so, what cost am I looking at annually?
To qualify for the Super Visa you will need a proof of insurance coverage for at least 1 year with total coverage of at least $100,000. That would be from a private insurance company because the Canadian Health Care system does not cover the Super Visa holders.

I looked up the quotes for you to give you an idea of what those plans cost. For Super Visa there is an option to apply for monthly payments which is more flexible.

Monthly Payment Plan will cost about $400 per month depending on the deductible.

If you decide to pay at once for the whole year:

60 year old (from $1314 to $1711)

70 year old (from $2365 to $3000)

You can use our rate calculator to see all the options.

http://arbetovinsurance.com/supervisamedicalinsurance/

Although routine check ups will not be covered due to parents age, you can get coverage for preexisting conditions, such as diabetes, given that the conditions have been stable for at least 6 months. This will insure that in case the person gets worse or becomes sick due to his preexisting condition, he/she can get treatment for that.

You can call us at 1 877 211 4301 Toll Free for more information.

sumiara45

Apr 24, 2014
Hello everyone,
Parents Health Insurance policy provide various facility about health for parents. They give better advice for parents.So i agree with insurance policy. :)

cb8888

Jun 5, 2014
HI Golden Brown,

I am trying to figure out how to get in touch with you. I just registered to this site, i read a thread between you and Gary sometime Oct 2013 regarding monthly insurance plans for the super visa. Gary has confirmed that it has not been approved by CIC. Has this been confirmed by the CIC?
thanks

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
You can give us a call at 1 877 211 4301 Toll Free for more information. We've been working with the Super Visa policies since the visa was introduced and clients hadn't had any problems.

Contact us for the details on the available options.

Here is the thread about it as well

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/monthly-payment-options-for-super-visa-insurance-starting-july-8th-t154596.0.html

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
I was thinking about bringing my parents up here (BC) with Super Visa. I already know that medical insurance is mandatory and must be at least 100,000 CAD for 1 year. What I am looking for is a plan that will cover 2 persons 85+ years old with no previous medical conditions like diabetes or any other serious one. But they might need to have their prescription drugs covered, so I was wondering if there is a plan that covers more than 100k in total and also have better benefits than couple of thousand dollars for medication.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Steevy said:
I was thinking about bringing my parents up here (BC) with Super Visa. I already know that medical insurance is mandatory and must be at least 100,000 CAD for 1 year. What I am looking for is a plan that will cover 2 persons 85+ years old with no previous medical conditions like diabetes or any other serious one. But they might need to have their prescription drugs covered, so I was wondering if there is a plan that covers more than 100k in total and also have better benefits than couple of thousand dollars for medication.
You can get the plan but have to reveal all pre-existing conditions and drugs are not covered. Please note that insurance is mainly meant for emergency use, not for regular health check ups etc

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
Steevy said:
What I am looking for is a plan that will cover 2 persons 85+ years old with no previous medical conditions like diabetes or any other serious one. But they might need to have their prescription drugs covered, so I was wondering if there is a plan that covers more than 100k in total and also have better benefits than couple of thousand dollars for medication.
Most companies only cover up to $150,000. However there is one Canadian Insurer that offer coverage up to $300,000 for the Super Visa applicants.
They have by far the best coverage for prescriptions drugs - up to $10,000 and they cover parents on their way to and from Canada.

You can read more about the plan <a href=http://supervisabestinsurance.com/travel-underwriters-super-visa-iec-visitors-to-canada-2/>here </a>