+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) May - 2024

Sep 22, 2022
Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) 2024 Process
Invitations for the 2024 PGP will be sent out for a two week period, starting on May 21st, 2024. Applicants will be chosen from the 2020 pool of interested eligible sponsors. To be eligible, sponsors must not have received an invitation to Apply (ITA) in 2020, 2021, 2022, or 2023 to be considered.

Sponsors who submitted an application in 2020, but have not yet received an ITA are encouraged to check their emails throughout the two-week period starting May 21st, including spam and junk folders. In previous years, IRCC has allowed individuals who have lost their confirmation number or access to the email address provided on their Interest to Sponsor form to retrieve their confirmation numbers or provide a new email address once all ITAs have been sent.

Sponsors who receive an ITA must submit their PGP application through the Permanent Residence Portal (or Representative Permanent Residence Portal), by the deadline outlined on their invitations.

All the best to me and everyone. Please update here once (me) or you receive the invite.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) 2024 Process
Invitations for the 2024 PGP will be sent out for a two week period, starting on May 21st, 2024. Applicants will be chosen from the 2020 pool of interested eligible sponsors. To be eligible, sponsors must not have received an invitation to Apply (ITA) in 2020, 2021, 2022, or 2023 to be considered.

Sponsors who submitted an application in 2020, but have not yet received an ITA are encouraged to check their emails throughout the two-week period starting May 21st, including spam and junk folders. In previous years, IRCC has allowed individuals who have lost their confirmation number or access to the email address provided on their Interest to Sponsor form to retrieve their confirmation numbers or provide a new email address once all ITAs have been sent.

Sponsors who receive an ITA must submit their PGP application through the Permanent Residence Portal (or Representative Permanent Residence Portal), by the deadline outlined on their invitations.

All the best to me and everyone. Please update here once (me) or you receive the invite.
Thread already started

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-grandparents-program-pgp-2024.846273/

Jg_147

May 31, 2024
I've received an invitation for PGP 2024. Could someone please help me? Do I need to submit separate applications for my mom and dad? If so, can I use the same portal for both applications? Should the portal be under the sponsor's name or the applicant's name?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I've received an invitation for PGP 2024. Could someone please help me? Do I need to submit separate applications for my mom and dad? If so, can I use the same portal for both applications? Should the portal be under the sponsor's name or the applicant's name?
Are they divorced or legally separated? If so each of them will be sponsored in their own application (2 applications).

If they are still married, you pick one of your parents as principle applicant and the other will be the dependent in one application.

Jg_147

May 31, 2024
Are they divorced or legally separated? If so each of them will be sponsored in their own application (2 applications).

If they are still married, you pick one of your parents as principle applicant and the other will be the dependent in one application.
Got it. Thanks for replying!

Quebec11D

Jan 11, 2021
May be it has been answered befor, but I couldn't find any info - example imm1344 - how to electronically sign the form? Does it mean just to type the name and enter the date?