+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

sood2038

Oct 25, 2023
As an unpaid authorized representative, am I allowed to complete the Declaration (*Consent and declaration) on online portal. Thank you

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Yes passport can be submitted within Canada. IRCC will provide you instruction when file is about to complete.
They may even don't ask for passport as your parent is in Canada, they will probably directly mail you COPR. That is what happened in 2021 and 2022 with applicants residing in Canada.
Hi @Chintan.patel and @YVR123

Once again thank you for your quick response. While, I was filling out the forms I got a question based on your reply. (I am really sorry if you find this dumb but would request your reply)

The situation is, my father has passed away a week ago and so my mother will join us in Canada (for longer stay) within 3 to 4 months from now. In that case
- Should I use Canada as her country of residence in the form?
- If I use Bangladesh as her country of residence, her application will be submitted as application outside Canada and so she has to travel back to Bangladesh to provide Medical & Passport, is that correct?
- If I don't use Canada as her residence now, when and how I can amend this change after submitting the application?

As always, THANKING YOU in ADVANCE for your help.

Regards
SHSajib

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021

Once again thank you for your quick response. While, I was filling out the forms I got a question based on your reply. (I am really sorry if you find this dumb but would request your reply)

The situation is, my father has passed away a week ago and so my mother will join us in Canada (for longer stay) within 3 to 4 months from now. In that case
- If I use Bangladesh as her country of residence, her application will be submitted as application outside Canada and so she has to travel back to Bangladesh to provide Medical & Passport, is that correct?
- If I don't use Canada as her residence now, when and how I can amend this change after submitting the application?

Regards
SHSajib
Thanks for asking- I have kind of same question. My mother is in Canada on visitor Visa. Should I add my Canada address as a mailing address and her back home address as residential address? Even if she would not be in Canada, can I add my canada address as mailing address as I am the sponsor and I want to get all the mails to my address instead of back home....

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
Thanks for asking- I have kind of same question. My mother is in Canada on visitor Visa. Should I add my Canada address as a mailing address and her back home address as residential address? Even if she would not be in Canada, can I add my canada address as mailing address as I am the sponsor and I want to get all the mails to my address instead of back home....
Sorry to hear about your father. RIP

Reactions: SHSajib

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
I've received an invitation for my parents. They are currently in India. My in-laws are staying with us on a super visa. Do I have to count my in-laws in IMM5768e?
Financially, they are dependent on us.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
application submitted on Nov 2nd, when should we expect a communication from IRCC and will it be an email of AOR?

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
Can anyone advise, please? I am submitting an application for my mother for the PGP Program 2023.
1- She has not done any job in her whole life. Do I need to provide her personal details since she was 18 or the last 10 years only in the form IMM5669?
2- She was in the Middle East for 10 years in the 70s and 80s since my father had a job there. Every year she used to spend vacations back home with family. Do I need to provide all of her travel information for each year? I do not have this information.
3- Is there any minimum threshold that if you have spent more than 180 days somewhere then you have to declare?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM

I am very sorry for your lose. May your father's soul rest in piece.

1 - You should mention your current residence address as Bangladesh, because she will be joining you in Canada in next 4 months. So because she presently living in Bangladesh mention Bangladesh as residential address and keep your Canadian address as Mailing address.
2 - Yes, if you do not inform IRCC that your mother is living with you in Canada, She might need to submit passport to Canadian embassy.
3 - Once you get AOR, you can submit webform to update your mother's current residential address as Canadian address.

Again really sorry for your lose. I would suggest you to provide letter of explanation also about your father's demise.

Your family size will be changed now so carefully review all the forms again. Make your mom as primary applicant now (if she is not).

Also no question is dumb question. We are all here to help each other and learn from each other.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Your mother is currently living in Canada so you should mention Canadian address as her residential address. If you do not, then her history will not match with her residential addresses. Whenever she goes back to bach home, you can update IRCC by submitting webform.

You can keep your Canadian address as mailing address during the application process.

Reactions: Munnimehek

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
I've received an invitation for my parents. They are currently in India. My in-laws are staying with us on a super visa. Do I have to count my in-laws in IMM5768e?
Financially, they are dependent on us.
You do NOT need to count your in-laws in IMM5768e. You did not sponsored them as they are on super visa. Morally they are financially dependent on you but technically not for the application.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Can anyone advise, please? I am submitting an application for my mother for the PGP Program 2023.
1- She has not done any job in her whole life. Do I need to provide her personal details since she was 18 or the last 10 years only in the form IMM5669?
2- She was in the Middle East for 10 years in the 70s and 80s since my father had a job there. Every year she used to spend vacations back home with family. Do I need to provide all of her travel information for each year? I do not have this information.
3- Is there any minimum threshold that if you have spent more than 180 days somewhere then you have to declare?
1- IRCC is asking for last 10 years only but nothing hurt if you can provide since age of 18.
2 - You have to provide travel information for last 10 years ONLY. Provide the details only if she has travelled out of home country in last 10 years only.
3 - There is no threshold. You have to declare all the travels your mom took in last 10 years. Doesn't matter if it is one day or one year. You have to mention all of that.

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
Your mother is currently living in Canada so you should mention Canadian address as her residential address. If you do not, then her history will not match with her residential addresses. Whenever she goes back to bach home, you can update IRCC by submitting webform.

You can keep your Canadian address as mailing address during the application process.
Thanks so much for your response. Let me change both Mailing and residential addresses to my Canadian Addresses as of now. Once she is back home, I will change her residential address to her back home address (by using web form) while I will keep her mailing address the same as my Canadian Address.
Thanks again for all the support. That is really helpful. God bless you.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
I am paying the fees to sponsor my Mother and Father.

also is the overall fee for 2 parents = 2335 CAD?

Reactions: Adeelsyed

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
1- IRCC is asking for last 10 years only but nothing hurt if you can provide since age of 18.
2 - You have to provide travel information for last 10 years ONLY. Provide the details only if she has travelled out of home country in last 10 years only.
3 - There is no threshold. You have to declare all the travels your mom took in last 10 years. Doesn't matter if it is one day or one year. You have to mention all of that.
Thanks, Patel for the advice. I agree requirement is to provide only the last 10 years' personal details, however, when you read the Instruction Guide for the PGP2023 intake it indicates one exception: Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

Exception: If you have not worked in the past 10 years (for example, you’re retired), you must provide details of your personal history since the age of 18. The resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) that you provide with your application will help verify the information in this question.

That is why I was asking. The issue is that personal History also asks about City/ Town and Country and I do not have all the details of her travel history when she was in the Middle East during the 70s and 80s. During that period, my whole family used to visit back home once a year for around one month.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
A couple of questions:

1. Where should I upload my Canadian Passport as a sponsor?
2. The Birth Certificate is requested under 'Proof of Relationship to Sponsor'. I will upload my birth certificate here. But what about the other 'Birth Certificates' section. What should I upload there?

Reactions: Adeelsyed