+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

UgaBuga

Aug 28, 2023
The background check was under process, then it went to “not applicable” and again changed to under process. I didn’t monitor the time when it happened but after 2nd time it went under process, the application moved fast. It might be different for others.
I feel my background check has been in not applicable since beginning. Extremely worried about it.

ss123456ss

Jun 8, 2023
Hey Guys
Just got PPR today. Can you please let me know when booking appointment for passport submissions at VFS center do we need to select 1 or 2 applicants? If we select 2 then it asks for separate PPR doc for 2nd applicant but as per my understanding and as per PPR request received only primary applicant gets the PPR request and the submission of documents goes as single package. In their instruction there is a highlighted red line for PR applicants that Appointment should be booked together for all applicants. So just getting confused with this. Please let me know. Thanks

https://cicforms.mioot.com/forms/PS/

Reactions: dpatel08

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Congratulations! what is your timeline?

Hey Guys
Just got PPR today. Can you please let me know when booking appointment for passport submissions at VFS center do we need to select 1 or 2 applicants? If we select 2 then it asks for separate PPR doc for 2nd applicant but as per my understanding and as per PPR request received only primary applicant gets the PPR request and the submission of documents goes as single package. In their instruction there is a highlighted red line for PR applicants that Appointment should be booked together for all applicants. So just getting confused with this. Please let me know. Thanks

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hey Guys

I learn this hard way and they send my parents back so here is the detail how it should be done .

Select 2 applicant , then upload the same doc for both mom and dad . Only primary applicant gets the PPR so you can use the same doc to upload for mom as well .

ss123456ss

Jun 8, 2023
I learn this hard way and they send my parents back so here is the detail how it should be done .

Select 2 applicant , then upload the same doc for both mom and dad . Only primary applicant gets the PPR so you can use the same doc to upload for mom as well .
Thanks for the info dpatel. Just scheduled an appointment. Confirmed the same with VFS helpline as well. Also I would like to add for everyone that when scheduling an appointment for passport submission you don't get to choose time. Once you submit the info you get a reference number and the appointment details come in the email ID provided(Takes about 15-30 mins). In my case I got appointment after 2 days.

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014

Hi dpatel,
You submitted the PPR form virtually right? or did you submit the passport at BLS centers here in Canada?
Can you please provide the details, what did you do after receiving the PPR request and until you get stamped passport back?
Please provide all the details thanks,

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hi dpatel,
You submitted the PPR form virtually right? or did you submit the passport at BLS centers here in Canada?
Can you please provide the details, what did you do after receiving the PPR request and until you get stamped passport back?
Bls is for indian consulates for canada vfs is the one to submit passport!!
Or if applcant are in canada then they do virtually!!

Reactions: dixo

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi dpatel,
My parents are in India so we submitted in person at VFS Global , for virtual landing i thing there is a different process and you do not have to cross border for this , i remember there were some instruction in PPR document about virtual landing . This was written in my PPR about virtual landing but my parents are in india so i had to submit at VFS global

B) If you are currently in Canada:
You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

Reactions: dixo

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks for the info dpatel. Just scheduled an appointment. Confirmed the same with VFS helpline as well. Also I would like to add for everyone that when scheduling an appointment for passport submission you don't get to choose time. Once you submit the info you get a reference number and the appointment details come in the email ID provided(Takes about 15-30 mins). In my case I got appointment after 2 days.
and if you miss appointment they block you for 3 business days there is no option to cancel , happened with me so i am sharing it lol

Selectedfew

Oct 20, 2014
Hello everyone,

Any news from Montreal VO. My file was transferred to Montreal VO on 1st of June 2023 which i got to know via the sponsorship approval letter. I haven't heard anything from the VO since then.

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Hello everyone,

Any news from Montreal VO. My file was transferred to Montreal VO on 1st of June 2023 which i got to know via the sponsorship approval letter. I haven't heard anything from the VO since then.
My file also got transferred to Montreal after receiving SA and nothing since.

richi0010

Jan 12, 2014
Hello everybody
I received the email regarding submitting additional documents,
Dep's Relationship to PA: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
The problem is my dad's first name is spelled differently on his voter card than his passport and my mom has a different last name on the voter card. What should I do? please HELP. TIA
Relationship to SPR in CDA:
It appears that you have submitted a translation of your birth registration/certificate. Please provide a copy of your original birth registration/certificate.
And for my birth certificate, it says translated. Its translated from a regional language to English and they are asking for the original and I only have this birth certificate with me. Any suggestions on this?

Last edited:

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hello All, I received Pre-arrival and SA last week and this week we got the Medical request. No PCC yet, called IRCC and they mentioned since my parents already have TRV, they exempted from PCC. Is this true?

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW