+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

I’m a Canadian citizen and I'm planning to sponsor my wife who lives outside of Canada. I have a question regarding the education. Does she need to submit the education certificates for PR spousal sponsorship application? Is it a requirement?

Thanks
What does it have to do with parents and grandparents sponsorship?

Reactions: pk960

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Perhaps they will accept, if your dad's name is endorsed in your mom's Indian passport. I remember I had to include my husband's name in my Indian passport years ago.
They may accept other proofs. but not with "Dad's Aadhar card & Voter ID" .. I wonder if ravi1 's mom's Aadhar card and Voter ID has ravi1 's dad's name

shar2022

Oct 16, 2022
received SA and in the SA letter - it asks us to obtain and submit biometrics asap and wait for Medical request.
Quick question about Biometrics - since I already paid the biometrics fee in the initial application, do my parents have to pay anything? Where can they go to do the biometrics completed in India and what will they need?

shar2022

Oct 16, 2022
Hello,
I just received Aadhar card and Voter ID for my parents but by Dad's Aadhar card & Voter ID doesn't have name of my mother showing as her wife. Will CIC still accept it as a proof of marriage?
Please advise
Provide additional proof including Marriage certificate. Also you can submit a request to have wife name added but it will take sometime and send those documents again.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello,

I’m a Canadian citizen and I'm planning to sponsor my wife who lives outside of Canada. I have a question regarding the education. Does she need to submit the education certificates for PR spousal sponsorship application? Is it a requirement?

Thanks
You will have to give details in background declaration form but i do not think they need to submit any education certificate .
Also they have not mentioned any thing about the Educational Certificate in the document check list -

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5533e.pdf

You should ask this question in another forum that is specifically about spousal sponsorship

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.46995/

Reactions: YVR123

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
received SA and in the SA letter - it asks us to obtain and submit biometrics asap and wait for Medical request.
Quick question about Biometrics - since I already paid the biometrics fee in the initial application, do my parents have to pay anything? Where can they go to do the biometrics completed in India and what will they need?
No , you do not have to pay fee again Just take the Biometric letter that IRCC has send to you and passport with you when you go there , there are couple VFS global consent form you will have to fill out , they will send you form when you book appointment . In the Biometric letter they have mentioned how to book appointment and they have provided the link of VFS Global where you can go and give your biometric.

shar2022

Oct 16, 2022
No , you do not have to pay fee again Just take the Biometric letter that IRCC has send to you and passport with you when you go there , there are couple VFS global consent form you will have to fill out , they will send you form when you book appointment . In the Biometric letter they have mentioned how to book appointment and they have provided the link of VFS Global where you can go and give your biometric.
Thanks. biometric request is mentioned in the SA letter it self with the link. Should they take the SA letter with them to VFS global?

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Biometrics status is showing complete but with incorrect date.
It shows November 7, 2022 but the status was updated today. Anyone knows anything about it?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks. biometric request is mentioned in the SA letter it self with the link. Should they take the SA letter with them to VFS global?
I think you need to wait for Biometric letter , give couple of days and they will send you letter for biometric . try to click on that link and follow instruction . Most probably you will hit a dead end and tell you to wait until they send you Biometric Letter .

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Biometrics status is showing complete but with incorrect date.
It shows November 7, 2022 but the status was updated today. Anyone knows anything about it?
Did you ever had biometric previously ?
wait few days to check if system fix it or not , could be a glitch , if not then i would suggest fill out a web form and mentioned the correct date of biometric enrolment so later you wont have to get it done again . In my case they send the letter with incorrect date of birth VFS send us back so i had to ask IRCC to generate a new letter. I submitted a web form to get the new letter .

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Did you ever had biometric previously ?
wait few days to check if system fix it or not , could be a glitch , if not then i would suggest fill out a web form and mentioned the correct date of biometric enrolment so later you wont have to get it done again . In my case they send the letter with incorrect date of birth VFS send us back so i had to ask IRCC to generate a new letter. I submitted a web form to get the new letter .
Never had biometrics done before, that is why its a bit surprising to see that date. Weird part is that the date shown is merely 2-3 days after the application was submitted.
I am going to wait a few days to see if it shows the correct date.

Reactions: dpatel08

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
You will have to give details in background declaration form but i do not think they need to submit any education certificate .
Also they have not mentioned any thing about the Educational Certificate in the document check list -

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5533e.pdf

You should ask this question in another forum that is specifically about spousal sponsorship

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.46995/
Thanks

ElenaSart

Jul 8, 2023
Hi everybody!
I have applied to sponsor my parents in December last year and finally received AOR on July 24 (exactly one month ago). I am a Quebec resident, and as such, was not required to submit any forms proving my financial capability at the time of applying, but was told that Quebec will request their own forms instead. It's been a month since my AOR, and I still haven't heard anything from Quebec. On the Quebec immigration website, it says that "When Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) informs you that you are eligible to sponsor a person, you must submit an undertaking application to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (Ministry). The application must be accompanied by a permanent selection application for the person you want to sponsor". I am quite confused here; IRCC informed me that I can go ahead and sponsor my parents in November, but they did not tell me that I am eligible - I understand that I have to send all financial forms to Quebec when prompted by the Ministère de l’Immigration? I can send them forms right now - they are all available on the website - but then AOR says that Quebec will reach out to assess my income?.. So I can't just send them without being requested?.. Are there any Quebec applicants here to clarify that for me please?