+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
My I know how your parents Super visa Medical Accepted for PR file? Did you email them and how long did IRCC take time to accept? My mom just completed her medical for visitor record extension 2 days before the PR medical request, I don't think it's needed to do it twice just for the sake of it. I wrote an explanation letter through web form but on PR file the medical is still not received yet.
I think it took about a week for them to attached this this to PR file , when my mom and dad completed the Super Visa Medical and they got that receipt i used a webform and submitted it . i think web form is slow but they link the Medical result automatically . May take about a week . I would suggest you to submit the web form with the Receipt that they get after the medical is done and they will use that result for the PR application too .

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Any experience with the Montreal office? I heard it's much slower than Mississauga. What's the reason for transferring files anyways?

minnekei

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014 (AOR2:19-02-2014)
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2014 (IP: 19-08-2014, DM: 28-10-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-11-2014
I think it took about a week for them to attached this this to PR file , when my mom and dad completed the Super Visa Medical and they got that receipt i used a webform and submitted it . i think web form is slow but they link the Medical result automatically . May take about a week . I would suggest you to submit the web form with the Receipt that they get after the medical is done and they will use that result for the PR application too .
Thank you! What a coincidence I received the letter of confirmation today. It about half month after I sent out the web form email.

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
Does anyone know whats the way forward if you get Passport request while your parents are visiting you here in Canada?

Can you get the stamping done here in Canada? If yes, how long does it take to get the stamping done?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Does anyone know whats the way forward if you get Passport request while your parents are visiting you here in Canada?

Can you get the stamping done here in Canada? If yes, how long does it take to get the stamping done?
This is what Option B says in my letter

B) If you are currently in Canada: You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

Reactions: YVR123

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
This is what Option B says in my letter

B) If you are currently in Canada: You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).
Congratulations!

Do they say how long would it take? By when can you expect to get the PR cards?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Congratulations!

Do they say how long would it take? By when can you expect to get the PR cards?
Sorry not sure how long it takes , but assuming when we submit passport it should be quick like 2-3 weeks to get passport back with stamp and COPR ? or may be they give COPR when they land here lol Not sure .

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019

ss123456ss

Jun 8, 2023
Anyone facing issue with Multi factor authentication/ two factor authentication? I have used my Email address and not able to receive any code in my email. I have called them. They do not know anything and was talking about apps which they dont have any idea. Whats going on? I have saved some recovery code but already had to use one. I have 4 left.

https://immigrationnewscanada.ca/new-ircc-gckey-authentication/#how-do-i-set-up-new-ircc-gc-key-multi-factor-authentication
Yes, I have the same issue. Tried a couple of times, didn't receive any codes and then received a bunch of emails all at once. Looks like its behaving erratically with the number of MFA requests going in to the server. Just try after some time.

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Yes, I have the same issue. Tried a couple of times, didn't receive any codes and then received a bunch of emails all at once. Looks like its behaving erratically with the number of MFA requests going in to the server. Just try after some time.
hey I have just fixed it and it is working for me now. I changed the MFA method to App which is recommended by IRCC. you can use microsoft authenticator. As google authenticator is not free for iOS. I installed that app and just scanned the bar code provided into GCKEY login. I am able to login now.

ss123456ss

Jun 8, 2023
hey I have just fixed it and it is working for me now. I changed the MFA method to App which is recommended by IRCC. you can use microsoft authenticator. As google authenticator is not free for iOS. I installed that app and just scanned the bar code provided into GCKEY login. I am able to login now.
Email is working as well now. So looks like they fixed whatever issue was in the backend.

Hymerista

Aug 2, 2019
I've managed with google authenticator after working out the process between phone and laptop... the trouble is, it's as if no one actually 'walks through' any new process from a 'novice user'perspective these days. The issues folks have experienced are totally avoidable! I could write a book - 3 whole chapters on immigration processes to begin with!

singhshaman

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Hi - I received request to provide more documents. I have been trying to link the application to my GC key IRCC account but I am not able to do so.

While trying to link - In the "Applicant's personal information" do I have to enter my information or my father's?

What should be entered in the number of applicants? Should it be 2 for my parents, or 3 including me, or 5 including my Wife and Kid as well?

Thanks in advance for any help - this linking aspect has been very frustrating.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi - I received request to provide more documents. I have been trying to link the application to my GC key IRCC account but I am not able to do so.

While trying to link - In the "Applicant's personal information" do I have to enter my information or my father's?

What should be entered in the number of applicants? Should it be 2 for my parents, or 3 including me, or 5 including my Wife and Kid as well?

Thanks in advance for any help - this linking aspect has been very frustrating.
Enter principle applicant’s information.
Number of applicants = principle applicant + dependents + sponsor + co-sponsor (if applicable)

Reactions: singhshaman