+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
GM
I received an email yesterday at 11.22 pm indicating missing documents.
One of which is asking about resume of the principal applicant. Although I submitted the one having all the information since the age of 18. I am not sure why it was not accepted.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Link to Tracker: https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/pgp-2022

Please share your current timeline in below format to be added to the tracker or fill the form on the above link:

Sponsored Person:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Your Province:
Invitation Date:
Application Submitted Date:
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Not sure what you are asking here.. you would know who you put in the intent form and offcourse they were your parents grand parents. Just guessing and putting the scenario bleow:

1. If you submit intent to sponsor your parent and grandparents separately, and you do not remember which confirmation number belongs to which intent, then you shall raise webform to ask IRCC (please google to find the link to the webform)
  2. If you are asking the order of name (father first or mother first) on the intent form then it really does not matter
  3. If you are asking parent of yours or your spouse, then whoever received email shall sponsor his/her parents, and if applicable his/her/their dependent child,
For detail about whom shall you put as principal applicant and dependent spouse or who can be consider as dependent child, please refer to application guide. Best of luck!!
Thank you for your reply! We put one of the parents name in the intent form that we cannot recall (since we did this 2 years back and covid brain fog) which one of the two. I was told by someone that the intent form principal applicant has to match the application that is sent to IRCC. The invite letter does not mention which parent was the principal applicant. I am filling out a webform but it can take 10 days or more to get a response , and the deadline is fast approaching! :/

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Thank you for your reply! We put one of the parents name in the intent form that we cannot recall (since we did this 2 years back and covid brain fog) which one of the two. I was told by someone that the intent form principal applicant has to match the application that is sent to IRCC. The invite letter does not mention which parent was the principal applicant. I am filling out a webform but it can take 10 days or more to get a response , and the deadline is fast approaching! :/
You are bit confused here and if I have understood what you are saying here then you made a mistake.

• If I understood correctly, you put name of only one of your parents?? Are you trying to say this? If yes then this is where you made a mistake.. because in the intent form a sponsor is supposed to provide names and date of birth of each of parents, and grand parents separately, that s/he wishes to sponsor. If one of the parent (or grand parent) is non-accompanying then there is no need to put the details, this is applicable to dependent as well. I am not sure how to proceed further as I am not an immigration consultant. If I were you (this is just my opinion), I would hire a consultant in this case. If you could not do so, then I would raise a webform and in parallel, prepare an application to apply for both of the parents, and dependent, if applicable, I would write a an explanation letter detailing all this mistake.

• If you put name and other details of both of the parents in the intent form you are fine. There is nothing like principal applicant or dependent spouse .. there is just parent/grandparent (1) and/or parent/grandparent (2), if applicable. You can assign one of your parent (you can decide this based on their travel flexibility, language ability, their interest, knowledge of email/phone/other communication mean, e.tc.) as a principal applicant and other as a dependent spouse.
You can see detail of the form in this link

Last edited:

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hi,

I am in the process of applying online for PGP after getting invited.
I expressed interest for my one parent only (1 person) and when I checked the Income requirements set out by IRCC for 2019 is $41,007 (it says for 2 people though) where as my 2019 Tax year income is $37,600. Is this income enough for inviting 1 person?

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I expressed interest for my one parent only (1 person) and when I checked the Income requirements set out by IRCC for 2019 is $41,007 (it says for 2 people though) where as my 2019 Tax year income is $37,600. Is this income enough for inviting 1 person?

Thanks!
So it is you and your parent (you have no children, spouse or other parent). You need to meet LICO for that year or the applicaiton will be refused.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

Thanks!
Both of your parents are alive and they are still married according to recent post. So you cannot just sponsor 1 parent. Your income needs to meet tha for 3 people. (assuming that you are not married or have a common law partner and have no dependent) Your father can choose to be un-accompanying but BOTH needs to go through all the checks (medical, police, background) and your family size needs to include him to calculate the LICO.
It was already answered and that will not change. If you don't even meet requirement for 2 people, then you are far from meeting that for 3.
You do not meet the requirement to sponsor under PGP in 2022.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-grandparents-program-pgp-2022.779401/page-67#post-10278592

Reactions: mtl-Oct21-2021

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
So it is you and your parent (you have no children, spouse or other parent). You need to meet LICO for that year or the applicaiton will be refused.
Doesn't that mean in their LICO 2019 Income they are referring 2 people as (1 Sponsor, 1 Parent) OR Both parents(2 people?) excluding Sponsor?
What do you think I should do at this time then?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Doesn't that mean in their LICO 2019 Income they are referring 2 people as (1 Sponsor, 1 Parent) OR Both parents(2 people?) excluding Sponsor?
What do you think I should do at this time then?
You and your parents so 3. You can’t sponsor just one parent. So look at LICO for 3 people.

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I just checked my email and I received one from CIC Mississauga asking for resubmitting 5406 form with full info within 30 days. It confirms VO starts working before application submit deadline Dec 24.

In this case, 5406 form was submitted from portal, if I do it again, how should I redo it and resend it? (they attached a link for sumbmitting) Can I send it by searching the e- form and fill a form and sign and save as PDF doc?
Any ideas about my questions?

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
You and your parents so 3. You can’t sponsor just one parent. So look at LICO for 3 people.
That sucks, so means I can't go ahead and apply for it this year if they are considering 2 people as One myself (sponsor) and Second my ONE parent (principal applicant) only. I was under impression that they were referring both parents as 2 people for LICO. Since I expressed interest for One parent only, I though that Income for that year would be enough for a sponsor to be eligible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That sucks, so means I can't go ahead and apply for it this year if they are considering 2 people as One myself (sponsor) and Second my ONE parent (principal applicant) only. I was under impression that they were referring both parents as 2 people for LICO. Since I expressed interest for One parent only, I though that Income for that year would be enough for a sponsor to be eligible.
You are not eligible. You include yourself and your parents so you are 3 people. Both parents are included in the total not just the principal applicant. Even if non-accompanying, one parent is part of the total. You cannot just sponsor one married parent. So you need $50k for 2019. Family size is very clear in all IRCC documents.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

Reactions: sher_singh

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
You are not eligible. You include yourself and your parents so you are 3 people. Both parents are included in the total not just the principal applicant. Even if non-accompanying, one parent is part of the total. You cannot just sponsor one married parent. So you need $50k for 2019. Family size is very clear in all IRCC documents.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14
any idea when the next draw would occur for tax years (2020,2021,2022)?

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Your family size = your family (you, spouse and any dependants) + your parents (mom, dad and their dependents). You MUST maintain the LICO till the sponsored (your parents and their dependents) land in Canada or your application could be denied.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
You are bit confused here and if I have understood what you are saying here then you made a mistake.

• If I understood correctly, you put name of only one of your parents?? Are you trying to say this? If yes then this is where you made a mistake.. because in the intent form a sponsor is supposed to provide names and date of birth of each of parents, and grand parents separately, that s/he wishes to sponsor. If one of the parent (or grand parent) is non-accompanying then there is no need to put the details, this is applicable to dependent as well. I am not sure how to proceed further as I am not an immigration consultant. If I were you (this is just my opinion), I would hire a consultant in this case. If you could not do so, then I would raise a webform and in parallel, prepare an application to apply for both of the parents, and dependent, if applicable, I would write a an explanation letter detailing all this mistake.

• If you put name and other details of both of the parents in the intent form you are fine. There is nothing like principal applicant or dependent spouse .. there is just parent/grandparent (1) and/or parent/grandparent (2), if applicable. You can assign one of your parent (you can decide this based on their travel flexibility, language ability, their interest, knowledge of email/phone/other communication mean, e.tc.) as a principal applicant and other as a dependent spouse.
You can see detail of the form in this link
I really appreciate your detailed response. Its very helpful for us to wrap our heads around this annoying problem from two years back. The challenge for us is that we dont recall which parents name we put, the mother or the father, we may not have put both or both. This is why we wanted to see how we can login to some site to find out which parent we put. And then have a letter explaining why we are including both parents in the actual application.