+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

SBSNAGAR

Nov 11, 2014
Question :
1-was your spouse sponsored by you initially ?
2-when you filled application IMM0008 was she a co-signer and added on question number 3 as part of the application ?
1. Not sure if it count as a sponsor. My wife was part of my application as a spouse when I applied for my PR. We both got the PR at the same time.

2. Yes she is a co-signer now as a sponsor for my parents application.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
1. Not sure if it count as a sponsor. My wife was part of my application as a spouse when I applied for my PR. We both got the PR at the same time.

2. Yes she is a co-signer now as a sponsor for my parents application.
add her then under question number 3 ,so yourself, spouse and parents .

Last edited:

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Create every thing under your name , try to use the email that you used in submitting the Invitation , And once you fill out all information submit a "Use of Representative" form and provide your name as contact person and your email address , This way IRCC would know that you have helped your parents for filling out all the forms .
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

DID U SUBMIT THE APPLICATION AS WELL?

SBSNAGAR

Nov 11, 2014
Hi,

Need help,

1. My mom is here but dad is in India, can i submit application on my parents behalf? Is there any form which i can use to do that ? who should i make principal applicant? mom or dad?

2. I am married and my wife is cosigning. do i need to fill form 5409e?

a24qures

Nov 9, 2022
I’m invited to apply this year and I have a few questions. I’m only applying for my mother but my parents have been separated for almost 15 years now. I don’t have divorce notice to prove separation and I don’t have information related to him. Is there a way we can fill up application and include this in a letter?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi,

Need help,

1. My mom is here but dad is in India, can i submit application on my parents behalf? Is there any form which i can use to do that ? who should i make principal applicant? mom or dad?

2. I am married and my wife is cosigning. do i need to fill form 5409e?
yes you can be the Representative and fill the application on your parents behalf , Fill out form ( IMM 5476 to become a representative )
You can make any one as principal applicant . I used my dad as principal applicant but it does not matter .

If you are married then you do not need to fill 5409E , that form is only for Common Law partner who live together but not married .

Reactions: SBSNAGAR

SBSNAGAR

Nov 11, 2014
yes you can be the Representative and fill the application on your parents behalf , Fill out form ( IMM 5476 to become a representative )
You can make any one as principal applicant . I used my dad as principal applicant but it does not matter .

If you are married then you do not need to fill 5409E , that form is only for Common Law partner who live together but not married .
thanks

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I do not recall if I had my wife as a co-signer or not on my intent form. I am capable of sponsoring my parents on my own, is it risky to not add my wife as a co-signer despite there being a chance I added her on the form?
I guess nobody cares about co-signers, you are sponsoring your parent. Your parent got invitation.