+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Please start sharing your timelines in the below format so we can start collecting the samples for the tracker:

Sponsored Person:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Your Province:
Invitation Date:
Application Submitted Date:

Reactions: robertp

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Can someone pls confirm that following are the only forms to sign,
Sponsor has to sign
  • IMM 1344 (electronically)
  • IMM 5768
Principal Applicant has to sign
  • IMM 5669 (part of the form)

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Can someone pls confirm that following are the only forms to sign,
Sponsor has to sign
  • IMM 5768
Principal Applicant has to sign
  • IMM 5669 (part of the form)
If you are assigning anyone to represent then the representative+sponsor/cosigner and representative+parents have to sign 5476 (but if sponsor is representing parents then they sign only one form).

All the forms, either pdfs (1344, 5768, 5476) or web-based (5669), are to be signed and dated, if applicable, electronically.

Reactions: immg.applicant

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
There is nothing like new residents/immigrants do not need to declare income before landing/coming to Canada.

If one is a tax resident (has his/her foot on Canadian soil for more than 182 days), s/he has to file tax declaring all the incomes in a given year (gross income) and has to pay tax in his/her net income (gross income - deductions). However, there is few exceptions, such as if you earn in US or a country with which Canada has some tax treaty. The above info was given to me in 2009 by an officer, and was/is consistent with CRA guide, who issued me a study permit at the airport.

Now coming back to the issue that is being discussed, if the OP was not a tax resident then in my understanding her/his world income is not taxable and is not counted for PGP sponsorship. This is true for any kind of non taxable income, earn in or out of Canada, for example scholarship, stipend etc.
you are repeating what i said ,and changing the words ,and what i added is not a personal opinion its from the site .

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
I am sponsoring both my father and mother.

For the fees

Do I pay (2x Sponsor your parent or grandparent ($1080))

or (1x Sponsor your parent or grandparent ($1080) and 1x (Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent ($1085)

Thanks,

SIMRAN0001

Jul 22, 2014
I am sponsoring both my father and mother.

For the fees

Do I pay (2x Sponsor your parent or grandparent ($1080))

or (1x Sponsor your parent or grandparent ($1080) and 1x (Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent ($1085)

Thanks,
You need to pay
1x Sponsor your parent or grandparent ($1080) and 1x (Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent ($1085)

+ Biometric fee (if never done before)

SBSNAGAR

Nov 11, 2014
Can some one help me with form 5768, undertaking part...my wife was part of my pr application as a spouse...should I 8ncoude her in section 3 or section 5?

Also what is required in resume?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Can some one help me with form 5768, undertaking part...my wife was part of my pr application as a spouse...should I 8ncoude her in section 3 or section 5?

Also what is required in resume?
Question :
1-was your spouse sponsored by you initially ?
2-when you filled application IMM0008 was she a co-signer and added on question number 3 as part of the application ?

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
I read posts in threads for previous years that form 5406 is to be signed.

but i could not find any spot in the online form 5406 to sign.

Does anyone knows if we have to sign 5406 or not?

really panicking as the application is already submitted.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
I read posts in threads for previous years that form 5406 is to be signed.

but i could not find any spot in the online form 5406 to sign.

Does anyone knows if we have to sign 5406 or not?

really panicking as the application is already submitted.
I do not think there is any where you need to sign on Additional Family Information (IMM 5406). The thread you read may be bit old, when we had to submit his form in pdf format. I did that for all visa and pr application until this time. However, currently in the web-based form I checked more than 20 times, but could not find a section this form to signed.

Just o summarized what we did, signed (electronically by writing names) and dated (choose date from the drop box or typing in the correct format) the below pdf forms
  • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM1344) - by Sponsor (SP - your or your spouse), (optional) Co-signer (CS - your spouse or you) and Principal applicant (PA - one of your parent or in-law)
  • Financial Evaluation or Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (IMM 5768) - signed using acrobat "Sign and Fill" feature by SP and CS (this is because we gave IRCC a consent to access our tax return from CRA)
  • (Optional) Use of Representative (IMM 5476) - by SP (as the representative -friend/family) and PA+ dependent spouse to the PA (your another parent or in-laws)
In addition, we signed digitally in the below section/form, via the online application portal
  • Schedule A- Background/Declaration (IMM5669) - this is web-based form to be signed by PA
  • Consent by PA to release information and confirming the truthfulness of the of the documents/information being submitted
Other forms we submitted are listed below, without any signature
  • Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 008) - web based form
  • Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
  • Supplementary Information Your Travels (IMM5562)
  • 2022 Document Checklist for Parents and Grandparents (IMM5771) - pdf form to be upload in supporting document segment as "Document Checklist"

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hello

Im about top start the application myself,i was confused if i should hire an agent but i think i can do it myself.

Question for people who have already submitted or started the app-
Do I Create the IRCC Portal under my name and ID or create 2 one for me and 1 for my parents?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello

Im about top start the application myself,i was confused if i should hire an agent but i think i can do it myself.

Question for people who have already submitted or started the app-
Do I Create the IRCC Portal under my name and ID or create 2 one for me and 1 for my parents?
Create every thing under your name , try to use the email that you used in submitting the Invitation , And once you fill out all information submit a "Use of Representative" form and provide your name as contact person and your email address , This way IRCC would know that you have helped your parents for filling out all the forms .