+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi all, both my husband and I got the invitation to sponsor our parents. We will likely make the income requirement. My question is, do you think that if we both submit it lowers the likeliness of getting approved? Should we choose between his parents and mine? Thoughts?
If the combined income meet/exceed the income requirement for both parents, then it should not lower the likeliness of getting approaval.

BUT when you said "will likely make the income requirement" and in case you do not meet the requirement for both parents, both applicantions will be refused if you sponsor both. You need to be sure.

Reactions: gaverosette

gaverosette

Oct 13, 2022
If the combined income meet/exceed the income requirement for both parents, then it should not lower the likeliness of getting approaval.

BUT when you said "will likely make the income requirement" and in case you do not meet the requirement for both parents, both applicantions will be refused if you sponsor both. You need to be sure.
Thank you very much

Jagwi kaur

Sep 20, 2021
Good Morning, i have received a invitation email yesterday for my parents, is that something you can complete the application by yourself without hiring any consultants.

Have any one in the group has done this by himself in the past?
I wish I could also get this year. Applying from 4 years from my mom

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Received the PGP invite today. Cannot be more happy, feeling like a lifetime dream has come true. I have a situation, any advice from mods will be greatly appreciated.

My wife is pregnant and due by end of December. So I have applied for Visitor visa for both of my parents in August and it is still in progress. Until this morning, I was planning to call or webform IRCC and request them to expedite the TRV application as we are approaching the due date.

My questions below,

Now should I proceed with the TRV or will I be able to cancel the TRV and stick to the PGP application to bring my parents for the due date?
Will the pregnancy due apply as a factor for expediting the PGP application?
Based on past experience, what would the normal timeline to process PGP assuming that I submit the application by end of Oct 2022?
Both my parents provided bio-metrics a month ago for the TRV, but the application is still in progress, should I redo the Bio-metrics for PGP?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 8494193

Received the PGP invite today. Cannot be more happy, feeling like a lifetime dream has come true. I have a situation, any advice from mods will be greatly appreciated.

My wife is pregnant and due by end of December. So I have applied for Visitor visa for both of my parents in August and it is still in progress. Until this morning, I was planning to call or webform IRCC and request them to expedite the TRV application as we are approaching the due date.

My questions below,

Now should I proceed with the TRV or will I be able to cancel the TRV and stick to the PGP application to bring my parents for the due date?
Based on past experience, what would the normal timeline to process PGP assuming that I submit the application by end of Oct 2022?
Both my parents provided bio-metrics a month ago for the TRV, but the application is still in progress, should I redo the Bio-metrics for PGP?

Thanks in advance!
PGP takes ~3y to process.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021

My questions below,

Thanks in advance!
1. expect TRV to be finalized way ahead of PGP. Keep the TRV application going.
2. a new born will increase your family size by 1. you should inform IRCC once the baby arrives. (and congratulations btw.)
3. biometrics valid for 10 years. they don't have to re-do it for PGP. it will be auto-updated in IRCC system assuming all info matches.

Now i don't want to assume the 'normal' timeline as nothing is normal after covid. there is a tracker for every year's PGP. you can search in this sub forum.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
1. expect TRV to be finalized way ahead of PGP. Keep the TRV application going.
2. a new born will increase your family size by 1. you should inform IRCC once the baby arrives. (and congratulations btw.)
3. biometrics valid for 10 years. they don't have to re-do it for PGP. it will be auto-updated in IRCC system assuming all info matches.

Now i don't want to assume the 'normal' timeline as nothing is normal after covid. there is a tracker for every year's PGP. you can search in this sub forum.
Many thanks for the update. Another question just popped up.

While spousal sponsorship is in progress, there is a norm that spouse TRV would rejected by default and its advised for both spouses to continue staying inland or outland until the PR is approved. Does the same apply to PGP as well?

If its three years for PGP processing, then I anticipate my parents to make at least 3 to 4 trips each trip between 3-5 months. Will this be an issue for the PGP approval process?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many thanks for the update. Another question just popped up.

While spousal sponsorship is in progress, there is a norm that spouse TRV would rejected by default and its advised for both spouses to continue staying inland or outland until the PR is approved. Does the same apply to PGP as well?

If its three years for PGP processing, then I anticipate my parents to make at least 3 to 4 trips each trip between 3-5 months. Will this be an issue for the PGP approval process?
You can’t call up IRCC and request urgent processing in general but especially for a normal birth and only for grandparents. If there is a more serious issue like the baby needing surgery after birth then you could apply for a special travel visa for humanitarian and compassionate reasons. As grandparents for normal birth it isn’t necessary for them to be in Canada and more of a preference. As already indicated PGP processing is now up to around 3 years so it is a long process. No issue for them to come and go from Canada to visit during PGP processing. They should update their address when they arrive in Canada especially when they get closer to the end of processing because landing is different if you are in or outside Canada.

Reactions: yourfather

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just got invite but my situation changed.
In 2020 ,I fill the form with my partner for my parents and her parents ,
Now we are divorced ,then should I just sponser my parents instead of all.
That's possible
Each if you had to sponsor your own parents on 2 separate applications. You will have to include her as a family member in the years before you were divorced.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014

My questions below,

Thanks in advance!
Confirmation number please

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Hello

We received ITA few days ago. While the case is straight forward, there’s one thing that I’m concerned about: We have two brothers living with our parents, both financially dependent on them. However, one is under 22 and one is 23. The older one is a full time student and relies completely on our parents. As per IRCC policies, financial dependency will only be considered if the child is physically or mentally unable to support himself.
My question is, is there no way to include my older brother in the application as a dependent since he is fully dependent financially but not physically or mentally relying for support?

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
I Got the invitation for my Mother on 12th October. regarding the Birth certificate she is 83 year old and doesnot have a birth certificate however she does have a school marksheet where in her birth date is mentioned will that be ok ? also form 1344 E do we have to first validate and electronically sign or sign and validate next ?

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
I just got invite but my situation changed.
In 2020 ,I fill the form with my partner for my parents and her parents ,
Now we are divorced ,then should I just sponser my parents instead of all.
That's possible

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018

Why do you keep spamming the thread with the same question - confirmation number please? If you want to know confirmation numbers, start your own thread asking people to post.
What's the purpose of collecting confirmation numbers? isn't it considered personal information? if it was public info, IRCC would have published on their website

Last edited: