+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
many who have just qualified to sponsor are complaining that it’s unfair that they can’t apply. The reality is that many have been waiting 5-10 years applying every year and just got selected. IRCC should clarify on their website that although you may qualify to apply for PGP generally it takes multiple years to get selected if not much longer So to expect that it will be closer to a 7- 10 year process with the increased processing times.
I can't tell you how many heartbreaks i have gone through in this process. Every year i would see people on this forum say that they got approval in their first or second attempt. And here I was waiting for so many years. Felt so helpless and dumb.

Last year in March I had a chance meeting MP Sukh Dhaliwal who sits on the advisory board of IRCC. I told him about this problem of old applicants waiting while new applicants were getting lucky. I suggested that they deal with old applications first.

So last year when they invited from pool of old applications ( I think my suggestion had something to do with it) and that too in such a huge number, I was really hopeful. But again, I did not get an invitation. I gave up all hope.

Finally got the invitation this year.

I know its hard for new applicants to wait to just get into the pool, but please understand there are people who have been waiting before you for a number of years.

604member

Jun 13, 2018
I got invitation yesterday. So in my invitation to sponsor form i only put my parents name. But with my last three i years income i can sponsor my parents and grandparents both. So does someone know if i can apply for both parents and grandparents even if i put only my parents name in the form?

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
I got invitation yesterday. So in my invitation to sponsor form i only put my parents name. But with my last three i years income i can sponsor my parents and grandparents both. So does someone know if i can apply for both parents and grandparents even if i put only my parents name in the form?
This is answered here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/who-you-can-sponsor.html

You should have submitted two/three separate intentions to sponsor, one per couple (parents-x1 and grandparents-x1/2) like in Example 3. In that example, depending on your situation, you might need to read "stepfather" as "father". And instead of mother, father could be the principle applicant.

Example 3: Sponsoring your grandparents, your mother and your stepfather
In this situation, you’ll have to submit 2 separate sponsorship applications: 1 per couple.

On your grandparents’ application, you must designate one of them (either your grandmother or your grandfather) as the main applicant, called the principal applicant. The other will be designated as a dependant.

• If you designate your grandmother as the principal applicant, your grandfather will be the dependant.
  • If you designate your grandfather as the principal applicant, your grandmother will be the dependant.
On your mother’s application, your mother must be the principal applicant, because she’s related to you. Her spouse can’t be the principal applicant. He’ll be listed as your mother’s dependant.

abhispat

Dec 18, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Send to CIO 20 May 2015 File Received by CIO 26 May 2015
Doc's Request.
6th September 2015
Nomination.....
21st April 2015
AOR Received.
05th August 2015
IELTS Request
Provide with application
File Transfer...
20th August 2015
Med's Request
7th September 2015
Med's Done....
15th September 2015
Passport Req..
8th Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12th Feb 2016
I got an invitation yesterday E1E.
I also applied for a visa extension last month for my dad. Should I retrieve the visa extension application? Now that we received PR invitation.

Reactions: brookingsd