+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents could not fulfil RO, your insight requested...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Scylla! Ok, we can have my father here by October, but what are my chances to have my mothers applciation reviewed and have a positive outcome, even after a month or so...is there anythign I can do to try get it before October, so she doesnt have to be left alone in India..it is heartbreaking to separate them in this situation, (lot has happened recenty..) Appreicate!
I have no idea what the chances are of your mother's application being reviewed by October. There is no way for me to guess this information. There is nothing you can do to get a decision out of IRCC before October. All you can do is wait. Unfortunately families can create very complicated situations for themselves by failing to meet RO. Good luck and hope you hear a positive outcome soon.

Reactions: bhavnat

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what if her application does not get approved then they will be separated for a while...while mom being so vulnerable...having no one to take care for her
If her PRTD is refused then she will lose PR and your father would then have to submit an application to sponsor her for PR. He will need to be living in Canada when he submits the application and will need to continue living in Canada while the application is being processed.

These are the kinds of complications that can arise when someone doesn't meet RO. It can make life very difficult which is why it is important to meet RO continuously.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
It would be the choice of lossing PR for both of them or having them be separated for a while and you need to find alternative care for your mom at the time being.

In case your mom's PRTD is refused, if your dad can enter and meet his RO again, he can sponsor your mom (as spouse) and that's regardless of her medical condition (except communicable disease which is only temporary).
Thank you so much, folks!

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Hello everyone!

Hope all is well with you all. First of all thank you so much for your continued support to this community seeking insights for immigration issues for theri families.
Your support is so vital in thier quest to get their families reunited in Canada. My sincere thanks to Canuck78, Armoured, Steaky & Scylla for their support in this success story, please do keep this up and I will also do my part, pay back to those in need, my way within the community...

Here is my update so far:
With your help I was able to research and apply for my parents PRTD on H & C grounds and it has been approved for my father, his passpost is already stamped with PRTD however mother's application got refused, not having justified H & C grounds. My father unforunately got ill and passed away in November, I was in shock and unable to update IRCC, and we received refusal for mother PRTD on Dec 8th.

Now my mother is alone in India, having no one to care for her, grieving and vulnerable at age 84. I am planning to appeal the decision, at the same time, it is exhausting process. Not sure consulting lawyer is a good idea that may have positive outsome. OR should I just continue with my own appeal.....??

Please share your insight, many thanks!

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
Hello everyone!

Hope all is well with you all. First of all thank you so much for your continued support to this community seeking insights for immigration issues for theri families.
Your support is so vital in thier quest to get their families reunited in Canada. My sincere thanks to Canuck78, Armoured, Steaky & Scylla for their support in this success story, please do keep this up and I will also do my part, pay back to those in need, my way within the community...

With your help I was able to research and apply for my parents PRTD on H & C grounds and it has been approved for my father, his passpost is already stamped with PRTD however mother's application got refused, not having justified H & C grounds. My father unforunately got ill and passed away in November, I was in shock and unable to update IRCC, and we received refusal for mother PRTD on Dec 8th.

Now my mother is alone in India, having no one to care for her, grieving and vulnerable at age 84. I am planning to appeal the decision, at the same time, it is exhausting process. Not sure consulting lawyer is a good idea that may have positive outsome. OR should I just continue with my own appeal.....??

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

An appeal is not an easy process and while your mother can represent herself, legal representation is usually advantageous.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry for your loss. I would recommend engaging a lawyer if you want to appeal. Note that appeals can take quite a long time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm sorry for your loss.

You can of course appeal, either with a lawyer or without.

However, we really should note: on the face of it your mother's chances would appear poor, after a refusal; she has, after all, been less than a full year in Canada in about ten years. An appeal will take some time. There is also expense to consider.

You may have to face, soon, and best soonest, that plans have to be made to care for her now, while she is in her home country - at minimum while any further immigration steps are taken, and possibly indefinitely.

Perhaps there are other options to bring her to Canada - but they will also not be without expense.

Given age the priority may have to switch to that immediate and ongoing care; depending on circumstances, it may not be either realistic or best for her to expect her to move to Canada.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Thank you everyone! That is so true, @armoured that it may not be the best or realistic to expect her to move her here, while worrying about her health remotely...
The lawyer fees are 10K, i just had a meeting yesterday, and we are not guaranteed to have positive outcome ...for a middle class family, well we have to decide soon, either way...

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you everyone! That is so true, @armoured that it may not be the best or realistic to expect her to move her here, while worrying about her health remotely...
The lawyer fees are 10K, i just had a meeting yesterday, and we are not guaranteed to have positive outcome ...for a middle class family, well we have to decide soon, either way...
I'd note two specific things in terms of process:
-for the PRTD refusal and appeal, I believe you have to respond that you are appealing within 30 days (or perhaps 60). You do not need to hire a lawyer within that time period, just follow the procedure indicated in the refusal.
-and of course you can proceed with the appeal without a lawyer, although it does lower chances.
-likewise you can abandon the appeal at any time in the process (I believe just by means of a letter).

So you can take some pressure off in the immediate by filing for the appeal while you decide.

As for how to best dedicate the finite resources of money, time and emotional cost (on appeal and/or caring for your mother) are not decisions outsiders can make for you.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Thanks so much for the insight! Yes, it is 60 days timeline, and will proceed accrodingly, really appreciate any insight you may have in this regard, as we are all aware, how draining it can be emotionally..

Reactions: armoured

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks so much for the insight! Yes, it is 60 days timeline, and will proceed accrodingly, really appreciate any insight you may have in this regard, as we are all aware, how draining it can be emotionally..
Unrelated to the appeal/PRTD process, if your mother needs help to care for her, the cost of hiring help is very high in Canada.
A lot of my friends found that it's easy to hire help in their home country to care for eldlery. In Canada, most of us have to do it ourselves.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Unrelated to the appeal/PRTD process, if your mother needs help to care for her, the cost of hiring help is very high in Canada.
A lot of my friends found that it's easy to hire help in their home country to care for eldlery. In Canada, most of us have to do it ourselves.
yes, lots to consider, caretaking cost n resrouces around, my own age :) n family dynamics while working full time, but still the main consolation she is here with us, no matter how...we did explore senior homes n all back home and they have wonderful services and she is open to it too..perhaps for time being while decide?

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes, lots to consider, caretaking cost n resrouces around, my own age :) n family dynamics while working full time, but still the main consolation she is here with us, no matter how...we did explore senior homes n all back home and they have wonderful services and she is open to it too..perhaps for time being while decide?
I’m sure you remember that if your mother is able to return to Canada you would have to pay for her monthly bed fee if she needed to be in longterm care which would be 2-2.5k/month for 20 years after she landed unless you live in Quebec. In some provinces she wouldn’t qualify at all since she has not been living in the province for the past 10 years. You mention you work full-time so assume you would not be able to be a full-time caregiver. The funds mentioned would be just a starting point. Many supplies would be out of pocket at home or in LTC. Many are unaware of these fees or what is covered and that most will not qualify for much help at home so all these things should be considered. As others mentioned you would likely be able to pay for multiple full-time caregivers for similar cost in India.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
I’m sure you remember that if your mother is able to return to Canada you would have to pay for her monthly bed fee if she needed to be in longterm care which would be 2-2.5k/month for 20 years after she landed unless you live in Quebec. In some provinces she wouldn’t qualify at all since she has not been living in the province for the past 10 years. You mention you work full-time so assume you would not be able to be a full-time caregiver. The funds mentioned would be just a starting point. Many supplies would be out of pocket at home or in LTC. Many are unaware of these fees or what is covered and that most will not qualify for much help at home so all these things should be considered. As others mentioned you would likely be able to pay for multiple full-time caregivers for similar cost in India.

Much appreciate you all pointing out to these important aspects, separate from emotional rush to just get this resolved!

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Hey guys, its me again..
While I am still making my decision, another industry person mentioned that, I can abandon the appeal, and appply for Supervisa,
once she is here, I can apply for a new H & C ground based on both siblings are here and that she truly requires to be taken care by the family..

Appreciate if you shed any light on this..and wishing ya all a great day!