+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Mother-in-Law PR

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Hi,
I want to apply for my Parents and Mother-in-Law permanent residence can anyone please help what are the ways to apply. My parents already have visit visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I want to apply for my Parents and Mother-in-Law permanent residence can anyone please help what are the ways to apply. My parents already have visit visa.
Program is a lottery that happens once a year. It is called the PGP program and hasn’t been open to new profiles since 2020. There are about 100k in the 2020 pool still and only about 15k are selected per year. So if and when the pool ever reopens make sure that you meet LICO every year for at least 3 years for the number of people in your family. Being a lottery they may or may not be picked. You cannot sponsor your in-laws, your spouse must. So wait for announcements later this year.

They can apply for supervisas if you meet LICO.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,
Furthermore you just posted you haven’t even received your PR card ( it’s in the mail). You have to show that everyone isn’t planning on moving here just because you received PR. You got PR, it’s not a package deal

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Parent sponsorship is not guaranteed so your parents need to have a plan B and will be expected to return home eventually after visiting Canada. Many wait 10+ years for the chance to sponsor their parents but due to the volume of newcomers many will not be able to sponsor their parents or it may take 10-20 years

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Furthermore you just posted you haven’t even received your PR card ( it’s in the mail). You have to show that everyone isn’t planning on moving here just because you received PR. You got PR, it’s not a package deal
I know it is not a package deal and my wife is citizen she wants to sponsor but while we post a question we need answer and help we can't explain who gonna apply and all the personal details. I know PR doesn't come in a plate as a family package so it think you shouldn't speak like that. Sometimes if i post question i do for brother, sister and sonetimes for cousins so please don't judge people and try to help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I know it is not a package deal and my wife is citizen she wants to sponsor but while we post a question we need answer and help we can't explain who gonna apply and all the personal details. I know PR doesn't come in a plate as a family package so it think you shouldn't speak like that. Sometimes if i post question i do for brother, sister and sonetimes for cousins so please don't judge people and try to help.
PGP has not been open for new profiles for years. Wait until September or October when IRCC announces whether it will be open. It is lottery so both you and your wife must meet LICO for all family members. Hasn’t been open since 2020 and there are still over 100k in that pool. There are 15k spots per year and hundreds of thousands who want to be selected.