+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship September 2021-- Forms filling

jentol0910

Sep 23, 2021
HELP! My mom passport is expired. while they are doing the form IMM008 they can't input an expired passport, it has to be a future date for the expiration. What should I do then? Thank you.

gillgilll

Dec 28, 2013
Hello everyone,
I received the invitation yesterday to apply for my parents. I have a quick question to ask. Since I used my own email when I submitted the interest form in 2020. And I am aware that my parents would need to make an account on online portal to fill and submit their application. Do they need to use a different email to sign up or they would use the same email I used in interest form.

Navi1

Jan 26, 2019
Hi I received invitation for my parents. I just started to look into it. It’s online portal and suppoedyto be filled by principal applicant. My dad won’t be Albert to fill his application. I have few questions:1 can I fill his application on his behalf?? 2: how he would sign online? 3: my parents don’t have surname, what I can use under family name column??

Veronica22

May 20, 2020
I have received a letter to sponsor my mother. I wonder when they ask more information about her family ( as principal applicant) who is included? She does not have more kids and she is single ( never married). Who does she list? Her brother and deceased parents?

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Im really confused on IMM 0008 question 3. Im sponsoring my mom and dad, and my dad is the principal applicant. Does anyone here know if I should put 1 or 2? Also in IMM 5768, I have no co-signer and have enough income. On question IMM 5768 #3 (current undertaking) if I put 2 it shows 3 on box7 (financial requirement)if I change 1 it show 2? Do I need to fill up imm 5768 even I don't have co signer? help appreciated.
IMM 0008 - Question 3 - Put 2
IMM 5768 - Question 3 - Put 2 and Question 5 - Put 1

mawoa

Nov 1, 2021
Hello, I am a Canadian Citizen, I am trying to sponsor my mother and have some questions (I have recieved an invitation to apply) - If I sponsored my husband and his not accompanying dependent child and he got his PR in June 23rd 2018 (over 3 years ago) would he count as a current undertaking? He applied for his citizenship and is waiting for it to be approved. Also, would his non-accompanying dependant child need to be counted in 6. of my IMM5768 form, even if he is the one financially supporting her?

Thanks!!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, I am a Canadian Citizen, I am trying to sponsor my mother and have some questions (I have recieved an invitation to apply) - If I sponsored my husband and his not accompanying dependent child and he got his PR in June 23rd 2018 (over 3 years ago) would he count as a current undertaking? He applied for his citizenship and is waiting for it to be approved. Also, would his non-accompanying dependant child need to be counted in 6. of my IMM5768 form, even if he is the one financially supporting her?

Thanks!!
You husband will not be counted as "under taking" but he is counted as a family memeber anyway.

I am not 100% sure about the second part. But if he is not co-signing for the sponsorship of your mother, then I think you only count YOUR dependent. Not his dependent.

your_pankaj

Sep 14, 2014
Can anyone please suggest If I do not have a birth certificate ? what other document I can use instead ? I was looking at BLS website one can apply for Certificate of Date of Birth, would that work ? pls suggest ..thank you in advance..
Hello R Singh
Were you bale to find any solution for the birth certificate.
I am in the similar situation. I don't have my birth certificate to prove my relationship.

sam_99

Dec 2, 2018
Hello,

I expressed interest to sponsor my parents under Parents and GrandParents program last year 2020 and I'm invited to apply to sponsor for my Parents and GrandParents program

CIC advised to fill the forms and submit as per the checklist imm5771e

The question I have is, do I need to fill forms separately, each for my dad and for my mom?

Or does my invitation only applies for one parent? Or should I list one of them as dependent?

Or Do I need to start new application for each one of them?

Please advise

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I expressed interest to sponsor my parents under Parents and GrandParents program last year 2020 and I'm invited to apply to sponsor for my Parents and GrandParents program

CIC advised to fill the forms and submit as per the checklist imm5771e

The question I have is, do I need to fill forms separately, each for my dad and for my mom?

Or does my invitation only applies for one parent? Or should I list one of them as dependent?

Or Do I need to start new application for each one of them?

Please advise
Surely instead of posting this in seven or so threads at the same time, you could use that energy to read the instructions or check other threads here?

Please, just one or two question posts and then do some reading searching for yourself.