+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

EveyW

Nov 19, 2020
I went through the same thing. The way I fixed it was putting the correct number of applicants. If you are sponsoring your mom and dad and you do not have a co signer, then the applicants are 3. If you have a co-signer, then use 4. Don’t count any of your kids. Try that out.
Thank you so much. It was the number of applications!!!! I finally linked it.
But it seem like I dont receive COPR email but it shows my COPR is expiring soon in my account. Dont know what to do now.

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Whats your timeline can u please tell, my mother's file received may 2019 and medical passed feb 2020. She is in canada and waiting. Please reply
Hi. My full timeline is on the tracker. My application was received May 24, transferred to Mexico in December 2019, Medical, biometric and PCC were all requested between end of Sept 2020 and Oct 2020.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Thank you so much. It was the number of applications!!!! I finally linked it.
But it seem like I dont receive COPR email but it shows my COPR is expiring soon in my account. Dont know what to do now.
After login check full application status and then scroll down to check the details of massages about your application

Last edited:

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
There has been cases in the past where the file was transferred to another LVO to finish processing. Might be because of case load? Unsure the reasoning why but it doesn't necessarily mean anything negative.
@serious_cheese @TYCanada @seehat_inder
Today I got another letter to pay the biometric fees. I had paid CAD2080 during the application for mom and dad. Looks like I hadn't paid the fees earlier. The letter was addressed to my dad (principal applicant) but I should pay for both of them right? They asked us to them send the receipt through web form. They had previously done their biometrics in 2016 during super visa application and my CIC account says they do not need to do biometrics. Any idea why they are asking now? Appreciate your help!

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Wondering if anyone has been requested biometrics even though they have submitted within the last 10 years? My mum did biometrics twice within the last 10 years yet they have still requested she do them.

Do you think it's worth submitting a form with her passport number and copies of the TRVs and state she has done biometrics so confirm if it's needed?

We received the request letter in March and still no phone call. It's the only thing pending for her application and I'm getting anxious.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@serious_cheese @TYCanada @seehat_inder
Today I got another letter to pay the biometric fees. I had paid CAD2080 during the application for mom and dad. Looks like I hadn't paid the fees earlier. The letter was addressed to my dad (principal applicant) but I should pay for both of them right? They asked us to them send the receipt through web form. They had previously done their biometrics in 2016 during super visa application and my CIC account says they do not need to do biometrics. Any idea why they are asking now? Appreciate your help!
it doesnt matter if they did biometrics before, IRCC has the right to ask again

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hi Guys

Finally after long long time, my application has finally shown some progress :D:D

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese
Please update
Application received : 19 June 2019
AOR: 3 December 2019
Sponsorship Approval: 19 Nov 2019
Biometric Request: 12 Nov 2019 (for father only)
Office: CPC-Mississauga.

1. At the time of application, my father (principal applicant) was in India while my mother was in Canada with me. My mom returned to India on 25 oct 2019.
Biometric Request we received is only for my father. Shouldn't both parents receive the request or my mom is exempted as she was here at that time? should i inform them of my mother's return to India and they can send her biometric request too if they desire?

2. Also, what is to be expected next?
should i get police certificate already before i get the request or do usually we need to wait for request?
1. Did you not notify CIC when your mother returned to India? I suggest you let them know about your mothers current residential status and see what they suggest, it wont harm providing that info.
2. After Biometric, they will do eligibility assessments such as security, criminality, etc. Further would be PCC, Medicals and application will complete. However, it is fast to write it down but the processing has been slow for most applicants.

Reactions: serious_cheese