+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I believe, they will send another biometric instruction letter and I am guessing it will have Bill No. per applicant.
Thanks,
PS
Biometric letter always come separately for individual. Primary applicant and dependent means, two biometric letter will come with name and UCI no. Etc

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Biometric letter always come separately for individual. Primary applicant and dependent means, two biometric letter will come with name and UCI no. Etc
I have 2 separate biometric letter for my parents that I received from ircc which does not have a BIL number. It has UCI, application number and ircc number.
When trying to book a biometric appointment in India, they are asking for a BIL number.
I am guessing BIL means biometric letter number. Where do I get it from?

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
I have 2 separate biometric letter for my parents that I received from ircc which does not have a BIL number. It has UCI, application number and ircc number.
When trying to book a biometric appointment in India, they are asking for a BIL number.
I think logically it should be IRCC No. (Look into the second page of your Biometrics Instruction letter under FOR OFFICIAL USE AT BIMETRIC COLLECTION SERVICE POINTS) as it seems unique per applicant and seems relevant to BIL No. I tried it but it didn't work. So, I will just wait to hear back from IRCC and keep an eye on my email for further Instructions.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Ircc no is the BIL number. If you check both the letters will have different ircc number.

EveyW

Nov 19, 2020
My parent application has been completed shown in the client application status online tool. It shows "
  1. We sent you a letter on October 13, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  2. You entered Canada at the Edmonton IRCC office on October 13, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
Because my parents are in Canada now. But we have not recieved any mail(no landing paper or anything) until today. I wonder if anyone has the same situation as us. Is it normal or the mail was lost by Canada post?

Reactions: serious_cheese

geol

Dec 18, 2014
My parent application has been completed shown in the client application status online tool. It shows "
  1. We sent you a letter on October 13, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  2. You entered Canada at the Edmonton IRCC office on October 13, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
Because my parents are in Canada now. But we have not recieved any mail(no landing paper or anything) until today. I wonder if anyone has the same situation as us. Is it normal or the mail was lost by Canada post?
Have you checked your gckey account?

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Ircc no is the BIL number. If you check both the letters will have different ircc number.
Ircc number is not working when used under BIL no field. However application number works, but cannot use it for multiple applicants under the the same application.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
That’s really counter productive, if it’s going to come from IRCC. They have sent the biometric letters to thousands of applicants and if they have to resend a new one with BIL number, how long do we have to wait for that?
You call vfs customer care and try to book appointment. Ircc no. is BIL number. It's specific to UCI number. I may say you try once again. I don't think Ircc will issue again.

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
That’s really counter productive, if it’s going to come from IRCC. They have sent the biometric letters to thousands of applicants and if they have to resend a new one with BIL number, how long do we have to wait for that?
As a programmer, I think it can be automated. I think you will probably receive email instruction before Nov 25, when the offices will be temp open.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Ircc number is not working when used under BIL no field. However application number works, but cannot use it for multiple applicants under the the same application.
Have you entered different UCI number? In the meantime you can send a mail to vfs with details and ask for a solution to the problem.

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
What did you see on the screen when your submission worked? Any message or confirmation?

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
You call vfs customer care and try to book appointment. Ircc no. is BIL number. It's specific to UCI number. I may say you try once again. I don't think Ircc will issue again.
Just tried it again with IRCC number. It is showing invalid BIL number when I submit. I would have uploaded a screen shot, but cannot figure it out.