+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Guys I have one question, I am just stuck with the solution for birth certificate. Indian birth certificate is in Hindi & has only fathers name and my dad just passed away last month. So I will be showing his death certificate as proof since I had put both my parents name in Interest to sponsor form. For my mom now what can I provide? Can I just send them a copy of my passport showing both their names and maybe notarized here along with this being a true and certified copy? In addition could I put in my mark sheets from school that does show both of their names on it and is in English?
Do I still have to send a copy of my birth certificate after getting it translated and certified even though it doesn't have my moms name? Should I provide a letter explaining all this?
Sorry for a long message but will really appreciate the help!!!
Sorry to hear about the loss!

I will suggest you to write an explanation letter and explain the whole situation in it. Mention that you birth certificate only has your father's name, but to prove your relationship with your mother, you can provide copy of your passport and education documents which carry the name of your mother. Also mention about your father's death in the letter, provide date and place of death.

Make sure your put your Name, UCI, and the DOB in the letter and sign it. After printing and signing, put this letter right after the first document (ITA Letter provided by IRCC).

You are still required to provide a certified translation of your birth certificate.

I will also recommend you to go though the guide on the following link, it will help you in preparing the application package: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/a-guide-for-preparing-parents-sponsorship-immigration-application.569846/page-4#post-7845935

I will pray for your Mom's application, good luck!

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
@YULIA-2016

Username: Colourfulcanada
Sponsored people: Father and Mother
Parents from: India
Province: SK
Invitation Received: April 24
Application Received: May 27
SIN & NOA for 3 years provided

Thank You

Reactions: YULIA-2016

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I believe @YULIA-2016 is correct. Explanation is if they allowed only one member of the family unit to pass the medical, then later that one member could apply to bring their spouse in (and the government could not stop that), and that very ill person would then become a burden on the medical system. IRCC's Twitter team has a bad reputation for giving wrong answers.
This is incomplete answer by
I believe @YULIA-2016 is correct. Explanation is if they allowed only one member of the family unit to pass the medical, then later that one member could apply to bring their spouse in (and the government could not stop that), and that very ill person would then become a burden on the medical system. IRCC's Twitter team has a bad reputation for giving wrong answers.
The Twitter ircc is not wrong. Every dependent need to clear medical and background security check whether they are accompanying p.a or not

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Dear applicants,
For a two person sponsorship, did you pay 1040CAD x 2= 2080CAD plus the Biometrics fee of 170CAD to be able to send your initial appication? (I know right of permanent residence fee of 490CAD per person is not required but recommended)
Its better for you to pay the full fees now ($1040 x 2= $2080 plus the Biometrics fee of $170), it will help you in avoiding the delay in application process.

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
AOR is based only on complete application with all the forms and supporting doc, native language is more the content of the application which at this stage they will not look at. So you should receive AOR and maybe later they will ask you to resubmit the form with native language
Thank you.

inaratay

May 9, 2019
Ontario
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
27-05-2019
Hi,

What's the process of getting biometrics done for parents?

Do we get any letter from the cic and then book an appointment for biometrics?

Also, my mom is here in Canada on a visitor visa, does she has to get her biometrics done form her country of residence or can she go for it here in Toronto?

Any help would be really appreciated.
As per the IRCC website, "After you submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says you need to give your biometrics and where to go. You’ll have up to 30 days to go in person to an official biometrics collection service location."

So please wait for the letter from IRCC Office. I am sure you must've indicated in the IMM5669 that she is in Canada right now, If i were you I will wait for the instructions.

Reactions: yashbabrah

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
@YULIA-2016

Username: CEC Applicant - 21
Sponsored people: Father and Dependent
Province: ON
Invitation Received: April 25
Application Received: May 22
@YULIA-2016

Username: Colourfulcanada
Sponsored people: Father and Mother
Province: SK
Invitation Received: April 24
Application Received: May 27

Thank You
When you provide both SIN and NOA, did you check the last item in checklist?

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
This is incomplete answer by

The Twitter ircc is not wrong. Every dependent need to clear medical and background security check whether they are accompanying p.a or not
You are right in saying that both need to pass the medical. That's why I said the reply* by the IRCC Twitter agent is misleading to the point of being wrong for this particular case.
It implies that this person can only sponsor one person whereas in this particular case, one of them would fail, and therefore the whole application would fail. It's a pity the agent replied that way when the question was explicit.

*IRCC reply:
IRCC‏Verified account @CitImmCanada May 24
Replying to @
Hi, Yes you can apply to sponsor only one parent. Note if you only want to sponsor one parent (your mother for example) then your other parent (your father) would count as a dependant of the parent you want to sponsor.

Reactions: danny_scars

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what responce I got from Tweeter Handle IRCC

May 24
@CitImmCanada Under ,Parents and Grand Parents 2019 Programe Can I sponsor only 1 parent ?My mother. (Principal applicant) As my father has Cancer and is bed ridden and won't be able to travel with her .Your assistance in answering this question is appreciated.

IRCC‏Verified account @CitImmCanada May 24
Replying to @
Hi, Yes you can apply to sponsor only one parent. Note if you only want to sponsor one parent (your mother for example) then your other parent (your father) would count as a dependant of the parent you want to sponsor.
i think it also means you have to count the dependent in the family size for income requirement.

Reactions: danny_scars

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
For Income form, I am referring to my Notice of Assessment for last 3 years. What should be the gross income?

Line 150 Total Income
OR
Line 236 Net Income
OR
Line 260 Taxable Income

ds3010

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
IELTS Request
Filed with application
Med's Request
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Hi Everyone, quick question. I am sponsoring my mother and her husband but there is a chance that they get separated in the middle of the application and then the husband decides not to come (also there is a probability of divorce). How should I proceed when they get the fingerprints/medical-test requests? Should I just leave it like that so that the husband simply does not just show up or do I need to withdraw his application?