+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
I hear a lot of people talking about receiving the notification today in social media but so far have not seen the content of the email, can someone post the actual email removing your personal details for confirmation? Last year they sent the notification to those who are selected first and those not selected was notified after a few days, I hope they learnt the lesson and do the reverse this year!

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
I hear a lot of people talking about receiving the notification today in social media but so far have not seen the content of the email, can someone post the actual email removing your personal details for confirmation? Last year they sent the notification to those who are selected first and those not selected was notified after a few days, I hope they learnt the lesson and do the reverse this year!
CIC did not post anything on their twitter

Lizelika

Feb 13, 2018
In my confirmation for online submission they mentioned that they will announce when they will start emailing potential sponsors on their:
1. website
2. Twitter
3. Facebook

all three recourses do not have any official information. so I guess all news about today's notifications are fake.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Hi
ow some light on this.

All the best to 2018 applicants !
Also, does anyone have any idea how many applications went in total this year till Feb 2nd ??
No one knows for sure, how many applicants had applied so far in 2018 !

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC closed the online form 1st Feb, 2018. Last year IRCC sent out the emails regret/invite on April 26, which is almost 3-month window...
Yeah, sounds logic to do it almost after all people have submitted their income declaration.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
What we knew from last year:

1/ Online form: very simple, only name, address, email. This year is much more involved such as tick box confirmation for: your own parents, minimum income, etc...
2/ IRCC sent our regret/invitation emails on April 26, so nearly 3-month windows after closing the online form, and this was round 1
3/ Then on September 6, there was round 2 for extra invitations since IRCC did not receive 10,000 completed applications. However, in round 2, only the person who was selected were contacted. Also, the confirmation numbers (of those who were invited) were available to look up as a list on the website. So round 2 is 5 months apart from round 1. The 5-month window must have included the 3-month completion time-frame and 2 months to handle the codes and all... of course my presumption.

So again, my guess would be April for the results of round 1 and September for round 2...

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
What we knew from last year:

1/ Online form: very simple, only name, address, email. This year is much more involved such as tick box confirmation for: your own parents, minimum income, etc...
2/ IRCC sent our regret/invitation emails on April 26, so nearly 3-month windows after closing the online form, and this was round 1
3/ Then on September 6, there was round 2 for extra invitations since IRCC did not receive 10,000 completed applications. However, in round 2, only the person who was selected were contacted. Also, the confirmation numbers (of those who were invited) were available to look up as a list on the website. So round 2 is 5 months apart from round 1. The 5-month window must have included the 3-month completion time-frame and 2 months to handle the codes and all... of course my presumption.

So again, my guess would be April for the results of round 1 and September for round 2...
no round too, it was just because people didnt read the rules, most of 10k selected will be qualified now

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Although I like the optimism. It could still be a wishful thinking that everyone submitted after carefully reading and complying to the rules.
I'm more realistic :D
CiC gave all info to avoid "weird" people so if it happened again - blame them who took somebody spot :rolleyes:
and I think CIC don't have a goal to have 10K - less people, less blog

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
I agree on one point that CIC may not have intention to actually qualify 10k general public.

But I disagree that if people apply like last year and waste qualified / frustrated / seeking opportunity badly spot, blame them.

I am one of the candidate waiting badly for the opportunity. Me and my brother both qualified and applied last year and this year for our mother ... but still won’t blam unqualified people showing interest.

It’s govt responsibility to have a system where people can’t misuse the system ... and govt failed badly ... if someone has to blam then it’s people who are developing such process ... what stops govt to add option to upload last 3 years NOA and fill that income on 3 boxes and 3 boxes for qualifying income ...

People are not paying fee to show interest, and can always say that was honest mistake; I was not aware this and that ...

If someone tries to harm you on street you are not suppose to engage or blam other person; best is to call authorities to handle the situation...

Good luck to all qualified people waiting for the turn ...

I'm more realistic :D
CiC gave all info to avoid "weird" people so if it happened again - blame them who took somebody spot :rolleyes:
and I think CIC don't have a goal to have 10K - less people, less blog

Reactions: oaw

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Canada is not hard on crime.

You can go try rob people and expect that they NOT harm you. If they do they are in the wrong. They are not supposed to hurt you if you try to rob rape or murder them. They are supposed to call the police that's all.

So one has everything to gain to try and commit crimes and hope to get away with it. Even if they catch you it is a small short sentence. Claiming mental illness will help your case.

Even terrorists! Join Isis and then come back to Canada and they spend money to rehabilitate you. Amazing compassion and generosity. A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian.

In this case there absolutely no repercussions whatsoever for false declarations on LICO. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

Last edited:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I agree on one point that CIC may not have intention to actually qualify 10k general public.

But I disagree that if people apply like last year and waste qualified / frustrated / seeking opportunity badly spot, blame them.
you are so kind because you tried just second year and can keep your position next 5-10 years till get a spot.
but read PGP-2017 thread and you will see what people are thinking about that, people who try from 2014 for example