+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Hi everyone.i have 2 questions. If any senior member can answer those i will be highly obliged.i am sponsoring my father and mother in 2017.(i got email from CIC on sep 6th that i was chosen from Re-draw )
Question1: as for 2017 applications, income will be assessed for 2014,2015 &2016. I am well over in 2015 & 2016. But 2014 was less. So i need a co signer(my wife) . Issue is if i do without co-signer family size is 5.(me+wife+son &father,mother whom i sponsoring) but if my wife becomes co signer does my family size remains 5 or it becomes 6 as she sponsored me in 2012.logicaly it should stay 5 as i should be counted as 1 not 2. But by reading CiC website i am confused as it says count the numbers for whom co signer is still under valid undertaking(which is me again).
Q2: my parents are not in Canada.they are in Pakistan. What is the best way to get papers signed by them and get documents from them. (Scanned copies can work or it has to be original forms mailed to canada)
I will appreciate your responses.thanks

Canadanewbies

Sep 26, 2017
Pls add me to your list.

Got application to apply for Parent sponsor email on September 6th, MIL is South African. Currently collating documents and have a couple of questions
thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi everyone.i have 2 questions. If any senior member can answer those i will be highly obliged.i am sponsoring my father and mother in 2017.(i got email from CIC on sep 6th that i was chosen from Re-draw )
Question1: as for 2017 applications, income will be assessed for 2014,2015 &2016. I am well over in 2015 & 2016. But 2014 was less. So i need a co signer(my wife) . Issue is if i do without co-signer family size is 5.(me+wife+son &father,mother whom i sponsoring) but if my wife becomes co signer does my family size remains 5 or it becomes 6 as she sponsored me in 2012.logicaly it should stay 5 as i should be counted as 1 not 2. But by reading CiC website i am confused as it says count the numbers for whom co signer is still under valid undertaking(which is me again).
Q2: my parents are not in Canada.they are in Pakistan. What is the best way to get papers signed by them and get documents from them. (Scanned copies can work or it has to be original forms mailed to canada)
1. 5
2. send forms by email, they will sign it and send you back by courier
so you need only original signature, better to use blue ink ;)

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
1. 5
2. send forms by email, they will sign it and send you back by courier
so you need only original signature, better to use blue ink ;)
Thanks so much for the response. Wish me luck.i was going through all the replies in the thread.seems like a very complicated process.have 2 months to do that.(Dec8 is last date) will seek help from this forum during the process. Thanking in Advance.

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Your family size os 5 whether your wife will co-sign or not. You+wife+son+mom+dad is a size of 5 no matter your wife is a cosigner or just part of your family. I am bot sure with the signature I think original signature is required...

sthuse

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
so folks, I was lucky to get selected in 2nd round.
here is a brief on what are the things high level you need to do..

do through the application guide 5772 is details couple of times, it is pretty explicit on what is required.

I filled the forms and asked parent to take a print out and sign and courier it back to me.
photos as well.
principle applicant marriage certificate needed to be translated and followed the same steps mentioned in the application guide.

I had to get a notary done to certify my birthdate and relation to my parents. got it done through a local notary.
added a cover letter where appropriate.

Kindly add a entry in the tracker

details:
sthuse
India
P O Box
Application sent on 28th September ( submitted it late evening it is expected to shipped tomorrow)

let me know if any other info is needed!
cheers!

Last edited:

Balwinder Sekhon

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hi folks.
I am not Principle applicant. I am "sponsor" and "Uncompensated Representative" .
Can I link paper application(for parents) with my online cic account? Thanks.

BlueBasket

Sep 28, 2017
Hello Guys,

Planning to apply for PGP2018
Just wondering when CIC will post the updated requirements for 2018.
Last year. in which month did CIC posted the new requirements?

TIA.

Goodluck to all

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hi folks.
I am not Principle applicant. I am "sponsor" and "Uncompensated Representative" .
Can I link paper application(for parents) with my online cic account? Thanks.
No. It won't allow you to link their application (won't even find the application when you try from your myCIC). It only works from account which has email id of the applicant.

akp_416

Sep 25, 2017
Marriage can be registered any time after marriage in India. There are few formalities and supporting documents required(Wedding pics, etc). It will be very easy. My parents got married in 70s. They registered marriage couple of weeks ago.
Hi Balwinder,
Actually they are in Canada at this moment on visitor visa and don't have nay marriage pics etc to get it registered in India.
I am wondering in such cases is Affidavit is valid document or not? and if yes, then anyone have format for that.
Thanks

vencan

Jun 7, 2017
Hello, Today I received a letter from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico just to let me know that they created a file with the PR file.
"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office
on 06/30/2017. We have created a file with the application number provided above. You must quote
this application number in any future correspondence."
It also includes some other general information

Reactions: PGP2017Applicant

Balwinder Sekhon

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hi Balwinder,
Actually they are in Canada at this moment on visitor visa and don't have nay marriage pics etc to get it registered in India.
I am wondering in such cases is Affidavit is valid document or not? and if yes, then anyone have format for that.
Thanks
Affidavit is only valid if you can't get certificate or document from issuing authority. If you can get document from issuing authority, affidavit is not acceptable .

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Can I link my paper application with online account once I get my file number?
Added in sheet.

Once you start seeing your application as "Received" in Ecas, try linking it with your MY CIC account. You should be able to do that. This may take 30-40 days based on round 1 history.