+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

ShilpaC

Sep 15, 2017
I got selected in PGP-2017 in second round.
I have few questions. please help me on this.

I am living in Canada and my parents are in India.
Can I represent my parents by fill representative form?
Can I fill my canadian address in section of "mailing address" in all forms where ever require?
Thanks.
Hi there,

I've a similar case like yours , I have been seleted recently to submit by documents. and now my mOm is back in India.
I have few question if you can answer for me as well :-
1. PCC - are you submitting the police verification along with application.
2. Photo's - do we need to submit the photo's along with application.
3. My mother's passport is expiring next year mid 2018 - how shall I make the update to CIC once the passport is renewed. I've no time to get the passport renewed now.
4. My BC ( birth Certificate) does not have mothers name, however I have other ID documents and transcript which has her name. Will I need an affidavit from her or shall I furnish other supporting documents which bears her name. If affidavit is required , please share the format if you have.

Thanks for help.

ShilpaC

Sep 15, 2017
What if we provide our email and contact information as a Representative by filling the form? My parents dont have any email address. So assuming all goes to sponsor in this case?
Hello Well wisher ,

Can you help me with the following Q's.I have been recently selected to sponsor, and now my Mom is back in India.
3. My mother's passport is expiring next year mid 2018 - how shall I make the update to CIC once the passport is renewed. I've no time to get the passport renewed now.
4. My BC ( birth Certificate) does not have mothers name, however I have other ID documents and transcript which has her name. Will I need an affidavit from her or shall I furnish other supporting documents which bears her name. If affidavit is required , please share the format if you have.

Thanks for help.

Balwinder Sekhon

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hi there,

I've a similar case like yours , I have been seleted recently to submit by documents. and now my mOm is back in India.
1. PCC - are you submitting the police verification along with application.- No

2. Photo's - do we need to submit the photo's along with application.- Yes

3. My mother's passport is expiring next year mid 2018 - how shall I make the update to CIC once the passport is renewed. I've no time to get the passport renewed now.- No idea about this

4. My BC ( birth Certificate) does not have mothers name, however I have other ID documents and transcript which has her name. Will I need an affidavit from her or shall I furnish other supporting documents which bears her name. If affidavit is required , please share the format if you have. Affidavit from you will work with all supporting documents.

Thanks for help.

Atefeh_83

Jul 16, 2017
I think they have slowed down Sponsorship approval process... Are they still busy with the second round people selection? Has anybody contacted them recently?

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hello Well wisher ,

Can you help me with the following Q's.I have been recently selected to sponsor, and now my Mom is back in India.

Thanks for help.
1. No, it will be requested later in the process.
2. Just the 2 photographs of the principal applicant (no need for accompanying dependant if any)
3. You will be able to update the new passport details once you have linked the application to myCIC. So for now just apply with current passport, and who knows you might get lucky and get process completed in 8-9 months. ;)
4. Gather as much documents as possible with her name on it (as your mother) and also get one affidavit from you. I don't have any format but if you go to notary they know what should be written.

good luck !!

Canadanewbies

Sep 26, 2017
Can anyone help pls-

I run a small business, my income for all 3 years 2014,15,16 is well over the Min income, but my "assessed" income (line 150 on my NOA) is not, is this going to be a problem?

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, I have sent my application on 25th of July and they received on 26th July. Still no update from their end nor I can check Ecas or link my application. I am worried about what’s going on. Did anybody get response from cic yet whose application was received around the last week of July

ShilpaC

Sep 15, 2017
1. No, it will be requested later in the process.
2. Just the 2 photographs of the principal applicant (no need for accompanying dependant if any)
3. You will be able to update the new passport details once you have linked the application to myCIC. So for now just apply with current passport, and who knows you might get lucky and get process completed in 8-9 months. ;)
4. Gather as much documents as possible with her name on it (as your mother) and also get one affidavit from you. I don't have any format but if you go to notary they know what should be written.

good luck !!
Thanks for quick response , you seems to be expert in the forum..
So the affidavit will be required by me or from her stating I'm her child.. I've couple of other questions on income source and financial evaluation form.. will compile list and drop later today for your advice ..Many Thanks !

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hello, I have sent my application on 25th of July and they received on 26th July. Still no update from their end nor I can check Ecas or link my application. I am worried about what’s going on. Did anybody get response from cic yet whose application was received around the last week of July
I didn't notice anyone who submitted after 7/20 mentioning receiving an AOR so far. Seems things slowed down quite a bit starting third week of July. Might be due to the second round preparations.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
I didn't notice anyone who submitted after 7/20 mentioning receiving an AOR so far. Seems things slowed down quite a bit starting third week of July. Might be due to the second round preparations.
Hi,

I submitted my parents application end of July as well and I haven't received anything as of net. My ecas is not working. I called cic today morning and the only thing they said was your application is not in process yet. So I am worried about application now. Please be in touch with any updates you have as we have same timeline.

Thanks

vanco

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
11/05/2015
AOR Received.
03/04/2016
Passport Req..
05/18/2016
LANDED..........
06/11/2016
Hi,

Please help to update the sheet: ECAS changed to Decision Made on Sponsorship. No email yet.

We are residents of Quebec, so I think we should start on preparing the MICC documents.

ShilpaC

Sep 15, 2017
Hello All,

Please help reply :-

1. As I understand , IMM5516E form - Income Sources for Sponsorship of Parents & GP is required only if I answer "NO " to Ques 8 of Financial Evaluation for P & GP's . If I answer "Yes" the financial information shall directly be taken from CRA.
What is the best approach here....

2. How'll I be able to determine Minimum Necessary Income - I'm a family of 3. I'm sponsoring my mother and don't have Co- signer in my application. My husband & I are employed , will my child be treated as dependent on me or my husband or I need to include both my child & husband as my dependant for the purpose of calculating Min. Income. My mom has no dependants.

Thanks !

PS1002

Sep 15, 2017
Hi,

I submitted my parents application end of July as well and I haven't received anything as of net. My ecas is not working. I called cic today morning and the only thing they said was your application is not in process yet. So I am worried about application now. Please be in touch with any updates you have as we have same timeline.

Thanks
My application was received on July 17th and it showed up (Received) on ecas on 2nd Oct. I might get the AOR email by this Friday. So don't worry, they have slowed down but haven't stopped...

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hello All,

Please help reply :-

1. As I understand , IMM5516E form - Income Sources for Sponsorship of Parents & GP is required only if I answer "NO " to Ques 8 of Financial Evaluation for P & GP's . If I answer "Yes" the financial information shall directly be taken from CRA.
What is the best approach here....

2. How'll I be able to determine Minimum Necessary Income - I'm a family of 3. I'm sponsoring my mother and don't have Co- signer in my application. My husband & I are employed , will my child be treated as dependent on me or my husband or I need to include both my child & husband as my dependant for the purpose of calculating Min. Income. My mom has no dependants.

Thanks !
1- There's no good or bad answer here. Either method will work so choose what you're most comfortable with.
2- You need to meet LICO for 4 people. The number doesn't change if your husband co-signs or not.

It's better to have a co-signer since IRCC could ask to recheck your income anytime until the visa is issued. If you fall below LICO in future for any reason, having a co-signer would be beneficial.