Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Hi All,
Dr. submitted my parents result by September 06,2017 and today I checked on line services : medical results have been received .
Thanks
Congrats Mimimo, You are the front runner now...Happy re-union with your parents...very soon.

sthuse

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
A short summary

1. Collect preceding 3 years NOA form your MY CRA account. If your spouse is Co-signer, also collect his/her NOAs.
2. Collect your parents Passport, Photos, Identity proof, Marriage certificate, Your birth certificate, Your familiy's PR/Citizenship proofs, Your acceptance e-mail with bar code.
3. Complete all forms as mention din check list. Make sure you submit certain forms , individually for both parents
4. Arrange everything as per Check List.
5. Send it through courier or Canada post. Note the addresses are different for each. If using Canada Post, there is an option for some text message for receiving confirmation for piece of mind, use that.

Wait for AOR form IRCC ( will take 30-40 days ) and then Sponsorship approval ( 20 more days). If they will need any additional documents, they will send an email in between. Need of additional document can delay the SA process. After that CIC will send the application to your home country visa office or Ottawa.

Thanks a lot ! yes i was slowly getting to know the process.
so if i understand correctly i need a co-signer only if my income doesn't meet the criteria; if my income is more than the quoted values in the requirement i dont need a co-signer?

are there any other benefits of co-signer apart from to meet the income?

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Congrats Mimimo, You are the front runner now...Happy re-union with your parents...very soon.
Thank you so much
Javiya,
Do you know I have to fill out for my father and Mother separate? I confused because in the IMM5562 form at the top they said the principal applicant must complete this form. But in the email they said please complete this form for my father and my mother. Also, in that form there is a section for principal and spouse???
Please advise!
Thanks

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
They might want to be reunited with their spouse's parents or their parents in Canada. With regards to your second question, they might come as an international student in Canada at first and then later got PR / citizen. In either cases, they want the spouse's parents to live in Canada or their parents to live in Canada. What's your problem?

You guys don't think those minors would one day grow up, get married and co-sponsor their spouses' parents to immigrate to Canada? Look at cocoa's post, he said everybody - not most of us work before coming here. Family sponsorship for example don't require experience, so one might not had worked somewhere before applying.

Do you know the difference between "everybody" and "most of us"?
yes grow up and work.....

Reactions: Cocoa

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
They might want to be reunited with their spouse's parents or their parents in Canada. With regards to your second question, they might come as an international student in Canada at first and then later got PR / citizen. In either cases, they want the spouse's parents to live in Canada or their parents to live in Canada. What's your problem?

You guys don't think those minors would one day grow up, get married and co-sponsor their spouses' parents to immigrate to Canada? Look at cocoa's post, he said everybody - not most of us work before coming here. Family sponsorship for example don't require experience, so one might not had worked somewhere before applying.

Do you know the difference between "everybody" and "most of us"?
You have a very interesting point of view here.

Don't tell me this "everybody" could be refugees, new born babies and argue why they can't be no income before coming to Canada. I refuse to be dragged into this kind of conversation. Before the minors grow up, somebody here needs to grow up too.

Last edited:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I tend to disagree on this point but if you can educate me more , that would be great.
If you have no CRA NOA, your income is just taken as $0. So as long as co-signer has proper NOA from Canadian sources for previous 3 years, that will be all a visa officer cares about to meet income requirement.

A PR can step foot in Canada for the very first time, and in that same year sponsor their parents if they win a lottery spot and they have a suitable co-signer.

If that works, why IRCC doesn't allow to sponsor In-Laws directly like parents and grand parent?
Someone can only sponsor their own parents as the primary sponsor. This is for liability reasons in case the parents go on welfare during their time as PR. The government can then come after the sponsor and co-signer for repayments. It wouldn't make sense to have a child-in-law as the person sole responsible for PRs that aren't even their actual parents.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thanks a lot ! yes i was slowly getting to know the process.
so if i understand correctly i need a co-signer only if my income doesn't meet the criteria; if my income is more than the quoted values in the requirement i dont need a co-signer?

are there any other benefits of co-signer apart from to meet the income?
Yes, it can protect you in future year if for whatever reason you fail to meet the income on your own. i.e. if you lose your job or something, a co-signer can help make sure you don't become disqualified later on. Remember you must continue meeting LICO for entire time up until your parents land as PR.

IRCC will only let you add a co-signer later in the process, if there is a change to your family (i.e. if you have a child) and suddenly need more income for increased family size.
However if you simply have less income in a future year with no change to family size, you are not allowed to add a co-signer. So best to do so from the beginning if possible.

Reactions: sthuse

sthuse

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
one quick question, how did the folks who applied managed to get the signature of their parents; send the forms back home and then parents print it out and send it back in courier?
any alternatives, suggestions?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one quick question, how did the folks who applied managed to get the signature of their parents; send the forms back home and then parents print it out and send it back in courier?
The parents might be already in Canada while as visitor. No need to send form back and forth...

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
Answers.

1 - Whole or half year, doesn't matter. You alone or You + spouse have to meet the LICO for that year and need to submit the NOA for that year & 2. Yes.
Thank you for answering!
Also my parents does not have a birth certificate, can be any other alternative? any case in which BC was not submitted and process went smoothly?
Thank you once again

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
ALL THE NEW STARTERS OF PGP APPLICATION, PLEASE SHARE HOW YOU ARE ARRANGING DOCUMENTS.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Since all signatures must be original, then yes parents in another country would need to print the docs, sign them, and courier them all to you in Canada.

Reactions: sthuse