+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
If your parents live with you in canada on super visa? what do you write as the current address for the applicant? the canadian address or back home address where they go only for sometime (lets say 30 day in an year) ??

SHIRDISAI

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2014 (RCMP Request) /20-02-2014 ( default PCC request)
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent along with package
File Transfer...
17-09-2013
Med's Request
Changed to in process on 23 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014 & 24-02-2014 (Medical Sent) , Paid RPRF upfront
Passport Req..
1st May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th May 2015
LANDED..........
1st June 2015
Received PGP invitation yesterday .

Reactions: Alex_2017

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
How do you suppose to know your first sentence? Especially those who were minors before the come Canada, most of them wouldn't.
If you really want to argue and twist what I meant, these are for you.
Even minors have money to live except the ones who are still under custody. Do you think we are here to talk about the ones under custody themselves? Why do you think people can live without anything? Literary, everybody has income in this world, the differences are how much.

Last edited:

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
No that is not what only matters. Canadians living outside Canada can still submit CRA tax returns. However if the income was not earned while physically living in Canada, that income will not count regardless if it was in your NOA or not.
I think there is another meaning about who are not physically living in Canada and want to sponsor their parents. This PGP program is for family reunion, if the sponsor doesn't live in Canada, then the family can reunite in somewhere else where the sponsor lives.
As for the income, the Canada earned and global earned, money is money, if you report your income to CRA, it's counted.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
you cant apply since you don't have 3 last NOA as a sponsor /or you can move to Quebec but no time anymore/, co-signer just raise LICO and that's it. You have to try next year ,sorry...
Sponsor does not need LOAs if co-signer has them all and meets LICO.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I think there is another meaning about who are not physically living in Canada and want to sponsor their parents. This PGP program is for family reunion, if the sponsor doesn't live in Canada, then the family can reunite in somewhere else where the sponsor lives.
As for the income, the Canada earned and global earned, money is money, if you report your income to CRA, it's counted.
Did you not read the link I posted on previous page?? Income earned while not living in Canada, does not count to LICO.

If one lives outside Canada for 3 years but still files their Canadian taxes, even though they have CRA NOAs they will not be eligible to sponsor since all the income was earned from foreign sources and while not living in Canada. I'm not sure what you aren't understanding about the specific rules I linked to.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Exactly that is what I meant about money. If you are reporting your money to CRA, (you earned in US or anywhere in the world) and you meet minimum LICO you qualify to apply. But if not declaring it to CRA then you dont. Again, what matters is "What you have on last 3 NOA's."

Reactions: Cocoa

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
You do not have to sign IMM5562. The form doesn't need signature. The langage in the email is very general and common format so its OK for you.
Hi Javiya,
Do you know I have to fill out for my father and Mother separate? I confused because in the IMM5562 form at the top they said the principal applicant must complete this form. But in the email they said please complete this form for my father and my mother. Also, in that form there is a section for principal and spouse???
Please advise!
Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Exactly that is what I meant about money. If you are reporting your money to CRA, (you earned in US or anywhere in the world) and you meet minimum LICO you qualify to apply. But if not declaring it to CRA then you dont. Again, what matters is "What you have on last 3 NOA's."
I don't know what part of "Financial resources must originate from Canadian sources", that is stated multiple times in the manual i linked to previous, you don't understand.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Your line is added !
If your parents live with you in canada on super visa? what do you write as the current address for the applicant? the canadian address or back home address where they go only for sometime (lets say 30 day in an year) ??

Can someone help me with that ?

sthuse

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
For those who already got the Sponsorship approval, can you please provide the sender of the email and subject format. I need to put a filter so as to not miss it out of the several junk mails I receive
email id receieved : CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC @ cic.gc.ca
subject : Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation / L'invitation à présenter une demande dans le cadre du Programme des parents et des grands-parents -

Reactions: yalgar

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
No that is not what only matters. Canadians living outside Canada can still submit CRA tax returns. However if the income was not earned while physically living in Canada, that income will not count regardless if it was in your NOA or not.
We are discussing about the case of our friend haXudon here.

He/She is currently in process to sponsor his/her spouse and he/she was landed in Canada 1.5 year back.

Hi Rob_TO,

when you say "Canadians living outside canada" , Ain't it mean the sponsor has to be PR or Citizen living outside Canada for at least 3 years ? More importantly, if the Sponsor doesn't have SIN number due to he/she being a recent entry to canada , he/she would not be able to obtain the NOA ( leaving the income of Co-Signer aside). Would it mean the Sponsor will become ineligible due to lack of document, not funds?

Reactions: Cocoa

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Sponsor does not need LOAs if co-signer has them all and meets LICO.
Thanks all. Ill apply. I am just filling up the forms and figuring out the family size. My child was born 2 months ago so that makes us 3 and then I'm sponsoring my parents. my sister iss dependent to my parenta too. So this makes us a family of 6.
Now should the LICO be met for family of 6 in 2014 2015 2016 or should it be family of 2 in 2014 and 2015(just me and my husband)?

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Did you not read the link I posted on previous page?? Income earned while not living in Canada, does not count to LICO.

If one lives outside Canada for 3 years but still files their Canadian taxes, even though they have CRA NOAs they will not be eligible to sponsor since all the income was earned from foreign sources and while not living in Canada. I'm not sure what you aren't understanding about the specific rules I linked to.
From your own post:

• sponsors living in Canada who declare income from foreign sources on their Canadian tax returns, can use this foreign income to meet the financial requirements for sponsorship.

So it's not about where the incomes come from, it's about whether the sponsor lives in Canada or not.

Last edited: