+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help with some of the questions:

Form IMM 5406:
Q: I am sponsoring my father and mother. I am bit confused by the statement on top of the form. It reads: The principal applicant, their spouse or common law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.

Does that mean my father and mother will need to complete this form individually (i.e., two copies of this form)? If yes, and to clarify, my father will become the applicant (first row) in one copy and my mother will become applicant in the other copy - is that correct?

Could you also tell how to fill in the names in native language? Can I print and fill in that info with pen?

Please advise the experienced members.
Yes, both need to fill out a copy and you're right about the way these will be filled out.

It's ok to use a pen for native language or you can add the native language soft keyboard on your computer. Most major operating systems have that option.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hello Folks, any help and advice here will be much appreciated.
I have been working in Canada for the past 3 years and received my PR June 2017.
I would now like to sponsor my parents, what is the process? Has anyone else been thru this route? Thank you.
First step is to meet minimum income for the last three years.
Once the IRCC announces the process for sponsorship; if it's still based on a lottery like this year, enter the lottery then be lucky enough to be selected. Finally you're eligible to fill out the forms and submit.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Guys,

Can you help me out here ?

Form eIMM5669E, For personal history section,

What do I write for activity type if my father visited Canada during his employment for vacation to visit me in canada. Should I write activity type as EMPLOYMENT or OTHER since he was on vacation.

Also after retirement my father has been travelling alot to canada and US (to visit my sister) should i write activity type as RETIRED or OTHER ?

And put VACATION or VISIT in the job/act title/position column.
Any help would be much appreciated,

Jesus is the Xavoir

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hello
I got an update of Decision made in my online ecase, and it says we have sent letter on oct 10 about the decision.
But I haven’t received any email yet ? Just wondering are they going to send by post or by email ?
If any one face the same situation could you please share your experience about this...

On sponsorship column it says - decision made
On PR applicant column it says - in process (before it was application received)
I am just wondering decision made means I am going to receive positive result ?

Please advise
Thank you

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
Hi everyone,
My hubby submitted an application for his parents on July 10 and we received AOR on August 18 but nothing else since then.
We have tried to link the application with no success and did not not receive any email for ADR. The application shows up on ECAS as Application received.
Please can anybody provide an insight or advice? Thanks

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Guys,

Can you help me out here ?

Form eIMM5669E, For personal history section,

What do I write for activity type if my father visited Canada during his employment for vacation to visit me in canada. Should I write activity type as EMPLOYMENT or OTHER since he was on vacation.

Also after retirement my father has been travelling alot to canada and US (to visit my sister) should i write activity type as RETIRED or OTHER ?

And put VACATION or VISIT in the job/act title/position column.
Any help would be much appreciated,
For personal history:
Mention the employment during the time he was employed since vacation is just a temporary activity during that period. Same goes for retirement, mention that he's retired. It doesn't matter is he's traveling during that time or not.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
For personal history:
Mention the employment during the time he was employed since vacation is just a temporary activity during that period. Same goes for retirement, mention that he's retired. It doesn't matter is he's traveling during that time or not.
are you sure ? because it states on the guide that indicate if you were travelling, in detention, retired etc.
I have included all my parents trips to CANADA & US and other places in the personal history section. Is that correct

Also I have another question in the same IMM 5669 form under the addresses section, should i write the addresses where they have permanently lived (more than 6 months) and not include any short trips to canada and US

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello
I got an update of Decision made in my online ecase, and it says we have sent letter on oct 10 about the decision.
But I haven’t received any email yet ? Just wondering are they going to send by post or by email ?
If any one face the same situation could you please share your experience about this...

On sponsorship column it says - decision made
On PR applicant column it says - in process (before it was application received)
I am just wondering decision made means I am going to receive positive result ?

Please advise
Thank you
PR "In process" means positive result :D

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi everyone,
My hubby submitted an application for his parents on July 10 and we received AOR on August 18 but nothing else since then.
We have tried to link the application with no success and did not not receive any email for ADR. The application shows up on ECAS as Application received.
Please can anybody provide an insight or advice? Thanks
you must be approved like a sponsor to link your application, for now you just have file #

jackdave

Jul 25, 2017
The file has been transferred to Ottawa for a couple of months, and nothing happened after that.
Compared with last year, it seems a lot of backlog before the 2017 batch. :(

ShilpaC

Sep 15, 2017
Hi ,

Can someone guide me for - Do we need to notarized all the photo copies of the supporting documents or simply self attested it.
Are we required to notarized all the pages of Passport ??

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
The file has been transferred to Ottawa for a couple of months, and nothing happened after that.
Compared with last year, it seems a lot of backlog before the 2017 batch. :(
I would say more 2010-2016 :(

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi ,

Can someone guide me for - Do we need to notarized all the photo copies of the supporting documents or simply self attested it.
Are we required to notarized all the pages of Passport ??
if its in English - no, just make a copy
For foto - it must be stamp there to prove the foto made recently