+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hi
Anyone of you guys know if I also need to send a copy of my parents expired passports? Probably they need them for background check as travelling history..

One more question, My parents birth and marriage certificates are all translated in English by certified translator BUT in my country (not in Canada). Should I still need to have them translated and verified in Canada using a notary public as an example? I don't have the original ones with me...
Please help

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kamal_002

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Finally I am able to see my application on ECAS. It shows that the application was received on July 13th.

Javiya please update the excel sheet.

THanks

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
Hi
Anyone of you guys know if I also need to send a copy of my parents expired passports? Probably they need them for background check as travelling history..

One more question, My parents birth and marriage certificates are all translated in English by certified translator BUT in my country (not in Canada). Should I still need to have them translated and verified in Canada using a notary public as an example? I don't have the original ones with me...
Please help

Thanks!
As long they are certified translators it will be fine.

koniloni

Star Member
May 5, 2015
When I can apply for Super Visa for my mom? After I get my PR or PR card in hand?

What does it means for any candidate to get a Super Visa -
'prove he or she has Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the time he or she will be in Canada'. How my mom will get Canadian Medical Insurance, before she get a super visa?

What type of medical benefit she can get after she get a super visa?

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
When I can apply for Super Visa for my mom? After I get my PR or PR card in hand?

'prove he or she has Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the time he or she will be in Canada'. How my mom will get Canadian Medical Insurance, before she get a super visa?

You probably get better answer in Super visa group as this is sponsorshiping group but as far as I know you need to purchase insurance plan. No public medical benefit will be provided for super visa

Alex_2017

Mar 21, 2017
Montreal QC

Hi koniloni,
I've recently done a super visa for my mom. You can send me a private message and I could give you all the info about the process. I just don't want to write all this in this group as it is meant to be for parent sponsorship 2017.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Thank you. Another question: for Option C print out - i can login in CRA website and print these out. Will that work?
Yes. Print Option C and NOA from your online account that would be sufficient.

Nkarim

Aug 16, 2017
Hi,

I was chosen during the first lottery draw and was given the deadline to submit the complete application by 4th Aug 2017. I submitted the complete application on 18 July 2017 which was received with signature on 20 Jul 2017. I still haven't heard anything from them. It is almost 2 months now and I don't know how to track my application. I also tried using the online tool with my receipt number but nothing shows up.

I am very worried now and wondering if there is anyone else with similar situation. Also if someone could tell me what could be done now.

Thanks in advance
NK

Nkarim

Aug 16, 2017
Hello All, cic has received my submitted papers on 26th of July, still I didn't get any update about the status of my application nor I am able to link my application. Can someone give me step by step guidance about how to link application. Thanks
Hi I have similar situation. They received my application on 20th July still no response! I am sooo worried now....