+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parental Sponsorship 2016 - Questions

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Hi All,

I am applying for Parental Sponsorship Program and have the following questions:

1. The checklist needs my parents's marriage certificate but my parents are in Canada (visiting) and never had their marriage certificate made while there were in India.
- Is there a way to get their Marriage Certificate while they are in Canada. A marriage certificate that would be acceptable to CIC.

2. The various forms (background and additional family information etc..) in the Checklist are seeking information such as DOB, place of birth of my Grandparents (now deceased).
- Do I need to attached any proof (documents) in support of such information.

3. The various forms (background and additional family information etc..) in the Checklist are seeking information such as my parent's education history.
- My father has completed Bachelor's degree - I am wondering how many years of education would that be?

4 a. After reading the guide it seem that Background and Additional Family Information Forms are not required for my mother (my father would be the principal applicant and my mother would be accompanying him)
- Please confirm or correct my understanding

4 b. The one additional family and background information is to be filled be who?
- Sponsor (me) or Principal Applicant (my parents- father and mother) or both ?

Is their another link at Canadavisa for applicants under the Parental Sponsorship for 2016. I tried to look but couldn't find it. I would really appreciate if someone can point me to the link.

Thank you everyone for their time.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

My apologies if I am not clear in any of the above queries in which case please seek clarification. I would be happy to reply.

Regards,

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Indiapnp said:
Hi All,

I am applying for Parental Sponsorship Program and have the following questions:

1. The checklist needs my parents's marriage certificate but my parents are in Canada (visiting) and never had their marriage certificate made while there were in India.
- Is there a way to get their Marriage Certificate while they are in Canada. A marriage certificate that would be acceptable to CIC.

2. The various forms (background and additional family information etc..) in the Checklist are seeking information such as DOB, place of birth of my Grandparents (now deceased).

3. The various forms (background and additional family information etc..) in the Checklist are seeking information such as my parent's education history.
- My father has completed Bachelor's degree - I am wondering how many years of education would that be?

4 a. After reading the guide it seem that Background and Additional Family Information Forms are not required for my mother (my father would be the principal applicant and my mother would be accompanying him)
- Please confirm or correct my understanding

4 b. The one additional family and background information is to be filled be who?
- Sponsor (me) or Principal Applicant (my parents- father and mother) or both ?

Is their another link at Canadavisa for applicants under the Parental Sponsorship for 2016. I tried to look but couldn't find it. I would really appreciate if someone can point me to the link.

Thank you everyone for their time.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

My apologies if I am not clear in any of the above queries in which case please seek clarification. I would be happy to reply.

Regards,

I would really appreciate if someone can please reply to my above questions.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
3a/ no
3b/ here 4 years

4/ your both parents should
Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)

Who needs to fill out this application form?

You, as the principal applicant,
Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

khehra1991

Nov 2, 2015
Can anybody tell me whats the definition of cosigner for parent sponsor , can i sign my brother as cosigner?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
khehra1991 said:
Can anybody tell me whats the definition of cosigner for parent sponsor , can i sign my brother as cosigner?
Already answered in your other thread. No - a brother cannot be a co-signer. Only your spouse / common law partner.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
khehra1991 said:
We both are single so still only one of us can be a sponsor?
Thanks
Correct. In that case only one of you can be a sponsor. This means that one of you (on your own) has to fully meet the income requirements for sponsoring your parents.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
YULIA-2016 said:
3a/ no
3b/ here 4 years

4/ your both parents should
Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

Who must fill out this application form?

you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)

Who needs to fill out this application form?

You, as the principal applicant,
Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

Thank you YULIA-2016 for your responses.

Hi Scylla,

Can you please share your responses or add (if needed) to the responses above.

Thank you!

Cheers.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
khehra1991 said:
We both are single so still only one of us can be a sponsor?
Thanks
Hi khehra1991,

Just keep in mind that the criteria may chance (hopefully not by a lot) come the 2016 release of application for Parental Sponsorship.

I found this link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html

It would be helpful to read more on the above link.

Cheers.

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Need some help regarding my parents sponsorship for 2016

My parents were married in 1980s and they don't have a marriage certificate .Although they have joint bank accounts in India and Also Passport mentioning their spousal information.

Also they don't have a birth certificate (both of them were born in 1956) in INDIA.

What are the options in that case, can they attach an affidavit of declaration with the application package (at least for marriage cert.)

Any help and information in this regard will be immensely appreciated.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
TechEngg said:
Need some help regarding my parents sponsorship for 2016

My parents were married in 1980s and they don't have a marriage certificate .Although they have joint bank accounts in India and Also Passport mentioning their spousal information.

Also they don't have a birth certificate (both of them were born in 1956) in INDIA.

What are the options in that case, can they attach an affidavit of declaration with the application package (at least for marriage cert.)

Any help and information in this regard will be immensely appreciated.
It's funny how you copied my message.......... it's not a problem at all...... that will actually help both of us in getting the answers ! :)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
you can find more answers here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html

DR16

Dec 1, 2016
I have also applied for my parent's PR this year in January and I just received the email asking for their visa submission. They did their medicals in September this year. So for everyone here there is so much hope. I think they have expedited the process. I am so thrilled and wanted to share the good news with the forum members as at one time I was referring to the notes everyone wrote in here. All the best everyone.