+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parent super visa

cgcarpena

Nov 11, 2011
we just arrived in toronto last september 30 as PR, we are from the philippines. i would to apply my mother the "parent / grandparent super visa" by Jan. 2012. as of this moment, we don't have work yet (me and my husband) and we have a 1 year old baby.

If by dec we have a job, then apply her application by jan 2021, are the chaces of getting approve feasible or is it too soon? What we are spending right now is our settlement fund. We can provide a bank statement (certainly, we still have about CAD$8000 by jan 2012 ) along with the application and my mom can also provide her bank statement of about CAD5500 and land title under her name.

hoping for your feedback guys.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think any of us can answer your question right now because the full details of the super visa application process haven't been released yet. This information should be published in a couple of week and then we'll all have a better idea of what will be involved in getting an approval.

cgcarpena

Nov 11, 2011
for the current process right now, say if I invite my mom given our current status, is there a big chance to be approved? Is there a minimum no. of months stay before I can invite my mom to visit us?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgcarpena said:
Is there a minimum no. of months stay before I can invite my mom to visit us?
no, chances would be good if you/ your mother can prove ties in home country is greater than Canada.

BakuSalman

Jun 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
01-12-2011 Eligibility passed: 08-06-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2012 Re-Medical Request 08-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2012, 27-08-2014 Med's on Ecas: 08-12-2012
Interview........
Hope so waived
Passport Req..
Soon Inshallah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon Inshallah
Hello,

As we know Canada is introducing new “super visa” for parents & grand parents of Canadian citizens. Parent and Grandparent Super Visa applicants will be required to obtain private Canadian health-care insurance for their stay in Canada.

I would like to get private Canadian health care for my grand mother. No idea how to get it.

Could you please guide me how i will get it? and
how much dollar monthly need to pay?
Is it enough if i get health insurance for a year?

Thanks,

Salman

BakuSalman

Jun 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hope so waived
Passport Req..
Soon Inshallah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon Inshallah
Hello,

Its written on Canadian immigration website that

• Parent & Grand parent must prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the period of time that they will be in Canada.
Now according to above rule, my grand mother needs at least a year Canadian medical insurance. From where to get this a year medical insurance? I think I have to pay around $5000 for medical insurance.
Can anyone help me in this regard?
Thanks,
Salman

BakuSalman

Jun 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hope so waived
Passport Req..
Soon Inshallah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon Inshallah
Parent and Grandparent Super Visa applicants will be required to obtain one year private Canadian health-care insurance for their stay in Canada.

To qualify, parents and grandparents must:
• provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold,
• prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the period of time that they will be in Canada, and
• complete an Immigration Medical Examination (IME).

Visa officer consider several factors that Parent & grand parent will leave by choice at the end of their visit. Among the things that could be considered are:

• the person’s ties to the home country,
• the purpose of the visit,
• the person’s family and financial situation,
• the overall economic and political stability of the home country, and
• invitations from Canadian hosts.

OnlineInsPro

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
If you are looking for insurance for your parents or grandparents that is compliant with Canada Immigration's guidelines I can certainly help you out. Please check out dfsinc.ca , email me at info@dfsinc.ca, or call me at 1-888-933-7462. On my website you can get quotes, get your questions answered, and even apply for coverage. Thanks!

Tracy DesLaurier, DesLaurier Financial Services

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BakuSalman said:
Hello,

Its written on Canadian immigration website that

• Parent & Grand parent must prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the period of time that they will be in Canada.
Now according to above rule, my grand mother needs at least a year Canadian medical insurance. From where to get this a year medical insurance? I think I have to pay around $5000 for medical insurance.
Can anyone help me in this regard?
Thanks,
Salman

Hi Salman if you need help call me I deal with five insurance companies:
Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc.
Gary Goldshmidt
Toronto Local 416.410.4393
Email: gary@stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca

CadVistor

Jul 5, 2011
Hi Guys, my parents will be applying for a Super Visa and have few questions. If some could help me answer these questions would make my day :).

1. Separate forms will be filled out for Father and Mother including checklist. Is it correct?
2. Can I fill the forms using both Pen and Printer. The electronic document doesn't allow me to enter the state/province. It disables the state. Can I write the state with black pen?
3. My father will be filling out all the forms for my mother. So, do my mother need a "Use of Representative" form.
4. As you guys know, Super Visa requires additional documents from the person sponsoring parents/grandparents from back home. Since I am sponsoring my parents, I have only prepared one set of all the documents i.e. 1 copy Notice of Assessment, 1 original Job Letter, 1 original Insurance Policy (which includes both the applicants), and other required documents. Original of these documents will be attached to my dad's application as he's the primary applicant. What about my mother? Do we need to attest all the documents sent by me and have them attached to my mother's application. Or 1 set is ok. My father and mother will apply at the same time. So, they will send all the documents in 1 envelope. The envelope will have all the documents from my side + documents required by the applications. So, considering that I believe it doesn't make sense to do another copy of the same documents. Could someone please clarify this?

Thanks guys. Please share and let's help each other.

whitebird

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please guide, how to apply for a Super Visa for parents. Please provide details about the forms needed and supporting documents.

CIC website shows the link below, but it shows the only form IMM 5257
Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM5257]
Is this single form is enough or we fill the complete application package for "TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA"
Please solve this confusion.
Thanks.

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CadVistor said:
Hi Guys, my parents will be applying for a Super Visa and have few questions. If some could help me answer these questions would make my day :).

1. Separate forms will be filled out for Father and Mother including checklist. Is it correct?
2. Can I fill the forms using both Pen and Printer. The electronic document doesn't allow me to enter the state/province. It disables the state. Can I write the state with black pen?
3. My father will be filling out all the forms for my mother. So, do my mother need a "Use of Representative" form.
4. As you guys know, Super Visa requires additional documents from the person sponsoring parents/grandparents from back home. Since I am sponsoring my parents, I have only prepared one set of all the documents i.e. 1 copy Notice of Assessment, 1 original Job Letter, 1 original Insurance Policy (which includes both the applicants), and other required documents. Original of these documents will be attached to my dad's application as he's the primary applicant. What about my mother? Do we need to attest all the documents sent by me and have them attached to my mother's application. Or 1 set is ok. My father and mother will apply at the same time. So, they will send all the documents in 1 envelope. The envelope will have all the documents from my side + documents required by the applications. So, considering that I believe it doesn't make sense to do another copy of the same documents. Could someone please clarify this?

Thanks guys. Please share and let's help each other.

hi there1just wondering to ask if what are the forms and checklist you used in applying your parents for supervisa?i am planning also to apply them this july but i don't know what are the forms and checklist needed for this application,maybe you can help me give all the forms and documents and supporting papers for this supervisa?your response is highly appreciated and hope to hear back from you soon.thank you and have a great day always..goodluck:)

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore and then London (as I'm in London from 5years)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Request 16/07/14. Interview 23/07/14(London). Re-med 01/09/14
Passport Req..
23/09/14. Decision made : 20/10/14
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/14. Received : 22/10/14
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
Hi there
Just wanted to know the experience of your super visa if u guys have applied ,as I am planning to apply for my parents
Thanks