+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Sponsorship 2018 / issues with recent Covid-19 and Parents COPR and landing May 2020

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hello ,

With the recent news about travel bans to Canada how is it going to impact for one's parents who have a COPR and visa issued to travel to Canada.
Will the ban apply on parents with COPR issued already ??
Parents -India
Travel Date -May
Is there someone in the same.boat ?? Has anyone emailed cic and received a reply ? As to will parents be allowed to board the flight with a valid Visa and COPR
We are in the same boat! :( My parents' COPR expires by July 2020. I really don't want them to travel risking their lives getting exposed to COVID 19.

I'm the daughter, Canadian citizen. My parents got approved and got the COPR, dad principal applicant, mom being the dependent. So I submit the webform, and then what happens? They will simply extend the COPR in their system or they would ask my parent to resubmit the passports and resend an email for the COPR, and return the passport with new stamps? Has anyone successfully done this, extended to a longer period, if yes how long is the extension basically?

I wish they simply extend the whole thing for another 6 months to 1 year so people can travel when it's safe to do so. What is up with the expiry date? Please we should contact IRCC and see if they can change the rules and make an announcement so it makes everyone's life a lot easier.

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
We are in the same boat! :( My parents' COPR expires by July 2020. I really don't want them to travel risking their lives getting exposed to COVID 19.

I'm the daughter, Canadian citizen. My parents got approved and got the COPR, dad principal applicant, mom being the dependent. So I submit the webform, and then what happens? They will simply extend the COPR in their system or they would ask my parent to resubmit the passports and resend an email for the COPR, and return the passport with new stamps? Has anyone successfully done this, extended to a longer period, if yes how long is the extension basically?

I wish they simply extend the whole thing for another 6 months to 1 year so people can travel when it's safe to do so. What is up with the expiry date? Please we should contact IRCC and see if they can change the rules and make an announcement so it makes everyone's life a lot easier.
Hi
Did you email CIC and asked for an extension for your parents?? What did CIC say
When are your parents tickets booked to arrive in Canada
?

I haven't emailed cic so wondering

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
I am in the same situation . Parents COPR going to expire on May 23,2020 . But the travel ban is untill June 30, 2020
Gurmeet87

What happened about ur travel plans for your parents
Did.u.email cic asked for.an extension or ur parents how are they going to reach Canada since there's a current ban on travel from India

Gurmeet87

Mar 25, 2016
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
Med's Request
11-10-2016
Gurmeet87

What happened about ur travel plans for your parents
Did.u.email cic asked for.an extension or ur parents how are they going to reach Canada since there's a current ban on travel from India
I did not apply for copr extension yet. Planning to travel on first week of May. If it doesn’t work then i have to apply for an extension

Sorina2019

Jan 28, 2019
Hello ,

With the recent news about travel bans to Canada how is it going to impact for one's parents who have a COPR and visa issued to travel to Canada.
Will the ban apply on parents with COPR issued already ??
Parents -India
Travel Date -May
Is there someone in the same.boat ?? Has anyone emailed cic and received a reply ? As to will parents be allowed to board the flight with a valid Visa and COPR
Hi,
my mom received her COPR in Feb and we booked her a flight for March 23. When she landed, she was told to self-isolate for 2 weeks. The whole landing process was very quick, she was basically asked to sign her copy of the COPR and was allowed to enter. It was right after Canada stopped allowing visitors to enter.

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Hi,
my mom received her COPR in Feb and we booked her a flight for March 23. When she landed, she was told to self-isolate for 2 weeks. The whole landing process was very quick, she was basically asked to sign her copy of the COPR and was allowed to enter. It was right after Canada stopped allowing visitors to enter.
Thanx

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
I did not apply for copr extension yet. Planning to travel on first week of May. If it doesn’t work then i have to apply for an extension
What happened about you applying for extension ? Did you.apply yet.sincd there are no.flights to travel from India to Toronto yet scheduled for this month?

crocoyes7

Aug 9, 2020
If you’re travelling by air, you need to follow all airline requirements and pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

When you arrive in Canada, we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada.

Only people who provide essential services, for example, truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods, are exempt from the quarantine requirements.

imlivid

Feb 17, 2022
They are still accepting most permanent residence applications. Unfortunately, our ability to review and process them is still being affected by COVID-19. We can't currently estimate any processing times. vidmate instagram video download

Last edited: