+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Sponsorship 2016 - Medical Requested

mhievalencia

May 12, 2014
I called for an appointment for my mother's medical but since she had her medical completed last April for her extension, she don't need to go thru the medical again. Her medical is still valid for 12 months and apparently can used the previous one. So will be sending a copy of the document to the Manila embassy, but still trying to figure out if this can be done electronically or via courier since it looks like medical request came from Manila, Philippines embassy.

Yes, was surprised it was so fast as I was expecting another 2 years to receive at least an In-progress status and this is the reason why I secured an extension till end of next year, at least.

Cavin

Oct 28, 2012
Asker302 said:
A few question

How is it possible that PGP-2016 receive medical check already, while previous years are still waiting?
Is the processing done out of order?

in case of the medical check can one parent (visiting Canada) do a check here, while the other in the home country?
I dont know the maths behind the processing order etc. maybe they request now and request again after an yr or so, we can not trust the processing system till we get end results in hand.

But for Medicals as long its recognized by CIC and the medical center has EFILE then you get done in any country. Even if one is in Canada and other in home country

Cavin

Oct 28, 2012
victoria345 said:
Hi, I have sent the application for my parents this year in January. They have sent me a letter stating they have accepted the file and the file is sent to Delhi. But still, I have not got any email for medical from there while some people have received it. I don't understand what's going on?
Please help.
I would say patience is the virtue, they will contact you if they picked up your file.

Cavin

Oct 28, 2012
mhievalencia said:
I called for an appointment for my mother's medical but since she had her medical completed last April for her extension, she don't need to go thru the medical again. Her medical is still valid for 12 months and apparently can used the previous one. So will be sending a copy of the document to the Manila embassy, but still trying to figure out if this can be done electronically or via courier since it looks like medical request came from Manila, Philippines embassy.

Yes, was surprised it was so fast as I was expecting another 2 years to receive at least an In-progress status and this is the reason why I secured an extension till end of next year, at least.
I would say get the medicals again - since the medical files are related to two different files. The one done for extension may not be applicable for one which is being requested for PR and also the files for both applications are at different location.

Just be cautious and get it done as the file numbers etc are also different.

Tonybenipal

Jul 12, 2016
I m part of 2015 parental application too and got medical request in may 2016 and did medical and send additional docs but no reply yet and no status change and I would like to request u all that whoever gets update on application status online or get sum additional update should update here so we all know what is process and how long it's gonna take
Cheers

Tonybenipal

Jul 12, 2016
broham said:
I'd like to know too. I am part of 2015 application. My mom is here with me but her application was forwarded to Singapore office.
I'm planning to get the medical done here, when we receive the request and forward the info to Singapore office.
hi have u send medical and got any reply yet or still waiting

Tonybenipal

Jul 12, 2016
victoria345 said:
Hi, I have sent the application for my parents this year in January. They have sent me a letter stating they have accepted the file and the file is sent to Delhi. But still, I have not got any email for medical from there while some people have received it. I don't understand what's going on?
Please help.
well I guess wait for medical request

AaronR

Apr 10, 2016
Hello everyone!

We are in a similar situation. My in-laws are going to be in Canada for the next few months, and a few days before their trip over here, they received the email requesting medicals and police certificates, giving them roughly a month to complete them.

It caught us by surprise, because we applied 15 months ago and didn't expect it to be so soon!

Since they were planning to stay with us for a while, we were wondering if they could do the medicals within Canada, and it seems from this thread that that's the way to go. Thank you very much.

A question remains, though: could they still do their police certificates requests from within Canada? There is a process outlined for Mexicans living in Canada - kind of the situation for the original post - where the fingerprints and photos are taken in Canada and sent to the Canadian Embassy for processing, rather than being in person in Mexico.

Is anybody aware if it would be possible? That would really help us out, since they are arriving now and we wouldn't want to send them back immediately to deal with the police process!

Thanks a lot!

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Those guys who have received PCC or Medical request for PGP, is there an update on eCAS for sponsor or applicant's status?

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
Tonybenipal said:
hi have u send medical and got any reply yet or still waiting
Hi, I just spoke to my doctor and he is submitting my mom's medical today.
She had to to her urine test twice and there were some blood in her urine. My mom is super healthy, no health issue what so ever. The doctor is going to submit the result anyway as he knows that I have 30 days window.
My dad is getting his medical done on Monday at my home country.

I will update when everything is submitted.

Tonybenipal

Jul 12, 2016
sapguru said:
Those guys who have received PCC or Medical request for PGP, is there an update on eCAS for sponsor or applicant's status?
no I submitted almost month bck and still showing in process so still waiting

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Cavin said:
I would say get the medicals again - since the medical files are related to two different files. The one done for extension may not be applicable for one which is being requested for PR and also the files for both applications are at different location.

Just be cautious and get it done as the file numbers etc are also different.
Hi cavin/mhievalencia
The website states that the medicals are valid for one year. The doctors office states that the medical exam for supervise and PR is the same really.
Yes the IME number and file numbers are different.
My parents had their supervisa medical done 6 weeks ago, it costs money to go for a medical, so I've written a cover letter stating this and including receipts of both IME numbers and asking this to be linked.
hope it works.

My only confusion is where to send all these documents to... that hasn't been stated in the request letter.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
i am new to this forum but I request all forum members to write the details what is the date of Sponsorship Approval letter,Date of EMail for medical etc so that we can compare with any individual file.My file is transferred to NDVO on July07 and I am awaiting medical etc.My all details are under signature portion.

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
Hello Everyone,
if anybody gets the reply from New Delhi visa office after submitting the Medical or anybody knows what happened /Time after submitting the medical .
My parents in Canada now ,if anybody please tell me if they can do medical here and what is the procedure or they have to go back to India.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
nav1982 said:
Hello Everyone,
if anybody gets the reply from New Delhi visa office after submitting the Medical or anybody knows what happened /Time after submitting the medical .
My parents in Canada now ,if anybody please tell me if they can do medical here and what is the procedure or they have to go back to India.
you can have medical in Canada.Confirm with the doctor whether he/she is E Enabled.If e enabled then you can have medical there only.Mostly all doctors are e enabled.