+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent’s super visa duration. Need guidance

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I applying for a super visa for my parents and they are visiting me for 2 months. Does the duration be more than 6 months or 2 months is fine?

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
That is fine but they still need to pass medical and show payment for a year of health insurance.
Thank you so much. Can you guide me with another query?
My parents had one prior visit visa refusal. My father owned a small-scale business and he also works as a partner in another shop that deals with the business of cotton. Initially, while applying for a visit visa I showed only his business as employment. Because while filling out the form, there is only a single place of current employment in the form. Kindly guide me on how can I show his second employment where is working as a partner.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much. Can you guide me with another query?
My parents had one prior visit visa refusal. My father owned a small-scale business and he also works as a partner in another shop that deals with the business of cotton. Initially, while applying for a visit visa I showed only his business as employment. Because while filling out the form, there is only a single place of current employment in the form. Kindly guide me on how can I show his second employment where is working as a partner.
You say owned so does he still own the business. Pick one or the other. Then include documentation proving ownership and partnership in the second business with business registrations, contracts, client receipts etc. They must address past reasons for refusal.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
You say owned so does he still own the business. Pick one or the other. Then include documentation proving ownership and partnership in the second business with business registrations, contracts, client receipts etc. They must address past reasons for refusal.
He still owns the same business. And for the partnership, I have only an employment letter on the letterhead of the shop stating he is a partner and employed as a partner along with the amount he has invested it in. The reason for the previous refusal was based on just one reason and that was ties in Canada and home country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He still owns the same business. And for the partnership, I have only an employment letter on the letterhead of the shop stating he is a partner and employed as a partner along with the amount he has invested it in. The reason for the previous refusal was based on just one reason and that was ties in Canada and home country.
So ties are for both your parents. What are your mother’s ties to return? Is it just you who lives in Canada?

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Last time I only used the documentation of business and this time I want to add the investment too so that the case becomes stronger based on the ties to the home country. He gets paid monthly too because he works in that shop.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Last time I only used the documentation of business and this time I want to add the investment too so that the case becomes stronger based on the ties to the home country. He gets paid monthly too because he works in that shop.
So include the documentation for the partnership. These are not ties for your mother to return, if you are applying for her unless the business is in her name.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
So ties are for both your parents. What are your mother’s ties to return? Is it just you who lives in Canada?
My mother is a housewife and he has property in her name and will attach its evaluation along with the application. Only I live in Canada and my parent's 2 brothers and sisters also live in Canada too.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
So include the documentation for the partnership. These are not ties for your mother to return, if you are applying for her unless the business is in her name.
Is the letterhead of the company stating my father is a partner will be enough?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My mother is a housewife and he has property in her name and will attach its evaluation along with the application. Only I live in Canada and my parent's 2 brothers and sisters also live in Canada too.
So that is a lot of family and one of the reasons for refusal. If the property is a reason for return (income) then that is a tie.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is the letterhead of the company stating my father is a partner will be enough?
Usually a partnership would involve business registration, tax filings etc. so not sure it is enough. Anyone can write a letter and say a person is a partner but that proves nothing.