xx-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
Soon !
enigma304 said:
One more advice needed. From where I can get DD OR TRAVELLERS check from pakistan? Is there any limit for DD?
Dear
Try the Pakistan applicants thread...
There have been issues with drafts from Dollar East.

enigma304

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (RIH)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-7-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014
Med's Request
29-6-2015
Med's Done....
27-7-2015
Interview........
3-6-2015
Passport Req..
9-9-2015 submit: 1-10-15 rec: 13-10-15
LANDED..........
April 2016 InshaAllah
doc2015 said:
Dear,
Ans: Option 1

Option 1:
Pros: POE and destination city is same (Important factor)
Cheaper
Etihad and KLM have good service (i have flown both)
Cons: Non Asian meals for 8 hr 53 min :(

Option 2:
Pros: Non Asian meals for 3 hr and 28 min :D
Cons: POE will be Toronto (Landing formalities).
So you will have to check connection time in Toronto.
Comparatively expensive.

In the end, it's a personal choice.....

Regards
doc2015
If I transit from Toronto, do they handover the check-in baggage to me in Toronto or it will be handed over at final destination Edmonton.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enigma304 said:
I need advice from senior members regarding air tickets

I am getting 2 option from etihad airline

1. Karachi---abudahbi----Netherlands----edmonton(etihad +klm)
2. Karachi---abudahbi---Toronto---edmonton (etihad + air canada)

No 1 option is cheaper with same baggage allowance and almost same travelling time. Which 1 shall I select?
have u tried saudi airline ? its from karachi to jeddah/raiydh to torronto and is cheapest , check skyscanner.com

enigma304

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (RIH)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-7-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014
Med's Request
29-6-2015
Med's Done....
27-7-2015
Interview........
3-6-2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
April 2016 InshaAllah
ciscoccie said:
have u tried saudi airline ? its from karachi to jeddah/raiydh to torronto and is cheapest , check skyscanner.com
I selected the 1st option because its better to complete landing formalities at exit point. Otherwise I have to complete my landing in Toronto.

Rohaan

Oct 30, 2015
Hi Guys,

I'm new on this forum from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and intending for Canadian Immigration. By reading some threads, I came to know that Canada has launched Express Entry but can you guys please update that if CIC has closed the Skilled Worker program or still they are accepting the applications under this category along with EE?

Thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Rohaan said:
Hi Guys,

I'm new on this forum from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and intending for Canadian Immigration. By reading some threads, I came to know that Canada has launched Express Entry but can you guys please update that if CIC has closed the Skilled Worker program or still they are accepting the applications under this category along with EE?

Thanks
All the information is on CIC website........why not check it out rather than ask here?
CIC website is the OFFICIAL website of Canadian Immigration. Always check it for ALL the information about applying.

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Assalaam o Alaikum Wa Rehmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Very informative topic and Jazaak Allah Khayrun to All members who participated and still participating. You people are doing Sadqa e Jareya.
I have been on trackitt forum and over this forum for last couple of months but couldn't find out this topic untill now.
By the grace of Allah, we have gotten PR visa & CoPr on 5th Oct 2015. We are planning to land in first 2 weeks of Feb 2016.
Our application is a Family Class including principal applicant(Father),spouse, 2 dependent sons in which one is myself :)
We have waited approx 8 yrs in getting immigration completed and by the grace of Allah after waited so long finally the dream comes true :)
I have lost all the hope and was planning to move in middle east before things get quickly sorted.

Our brother lives in Edmonton so it's an advantage that we don't face difficulties in settling issues.
I have read all 26 pages posts of this topic and my sincere prayers to all those who share valuable information with us, may Allah reward them with goodness.

After searching a month about flight plan, following is the best route which i selected

Karachi (KHI) > AbuDhabi (AUH) > Amsterdam (AMS) > Edmonton (YEG)
Throughout KLM airline but KHI to AUH operated by eitehad airways but aircraft will be of KLM.

The reasons of choosing this route :

1- Direct landing on Edmonton gives us advantage of getting health card within a week.
2- No transit visa require anywhere
3- Throughout KLM gives no baggage transfer issue at every check-ins.
4- They certainly give HALAL MEAL if you mentioned in booking, i have confirmed it. You can check KLM site as well.
5- 2 hrs stayover in Abu Dhabi and 8 hrs stayover in Amsterdam.
6- 8hrs stayover can be bearable

If you people have better flight plan for me, kindly guide and share with me.

I'll keep in touch with this forum even after landing and will share my experience with you and be the part of Sadqa e Jareya :)

Thanks,
Khan (apka bhai)

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
As many others, I'll get myself busy in job hunting as soon as I will land there.
Please find my academic record as under and share with me better idea and based on your experiences what should I do more and where to spend my more effort and in which zone in getting job.

5 yrs of exp in System & Network Engineering Field
Skills: Cisco, Microsoft, Vmware Virtualization ( 3 technologies having certifications in CCNA,CCNP,CCNP SIMOS, MCSE 2012, VCP5-DCV, SCCM, Office360)
Degree: B.E Computer Engineering in Computer & Information Systems

I'm a very positive and honest person, Alhamdulillah :)
I would like to get job in my field work how small that can pay me..doesn't matter.

Careeredge.ca - many forum members were talking about it. Have anyone of you tried it?

Thanks.

Gondal525

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rohaan said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Quebec Skilled worker starting from 4 November

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
:)
found a way out of 8hrs layover at amsterdam schiphol airport 8)
it's yotel.com in transit cabin having facility of 1,2 n 4 persons cabin with free tea n coffee wifi beds shower.
Thank God!

If someone is planning to chose AMS route, and have a long layover and haven't transit visa to go around city, must use yotel.com services.

cknouman

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khanbravo said:
can anyone please guide me where to buy good quality snowboots & leather jackets in suitable price @karachi.
Good luck to you and your family Khan. I would suggest to keep winter shopping from Pakistan to as minimum as possible. Winter stuff that we have back home, no matte how good we think it is, is still not good enough for Canadian winters. Best thing would be, as soon as you land, help yourself to nearest Walmart.
Secondly, career edge is an internship program. If that's what you want then ok, otherwise use indeed.ca and workopolis.ca but LinkedIn is still the best of them all and most reliable

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
cknouman said:
Good luck to you and your family Khan. I would suggest to keep winter shopping from Pakistan to as minimum as possible. Winter stuff that we have back home, no matte how good we think it is, is still not good enough for Canadian winters. Best thing would be, as soon as you land, help yourself to nearest Walmart.
Secondly, career edge is an internship program. If that's what you want then ok, otherwise use indeed.ca and workopolis.ca but LinkedIn is still the best of them all and most reliable
Thank you cknouman for your guidance.
Coz here snowboots and leather jackets good quality are too much expensive.. one for 15k rupees... or minimum 10k rupees.
Should we bring dinner set and big patela for family of 5-6?

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be traving to canada soon and someone has recommended me following itmes to buy from Karachi before going .

thermal wear (x4)
jeans pant ( x3 )
wool sweaters
wool hat
waterproff shoes/boots
warm socks/leather socks
belts
cookeries
jackets/hoodi
umberrala
muffler
water proff winter coat /jacket
formal wool coat
gloves
high cut boots ( winterboots)
office dress pant/shirt

Do you think I should add more to the list or any special advise if you would like to give. Apart from this can anyone please advise me where to get this kind of stuff as this is all winter related and I believe there might be some specific shops where one can get such items.

enigma304

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (RIH)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-7-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014
Med's Request
29-6-2015
Med's Done....
27-7-2015
Interview........
3-6-2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
April 2016 InshaAllah
ciscoccie said:
I will be traving to canada soon and someone has recommended me following itmes to buy from Karachi before going .

thermal wear (x4)
jeans pant ( x3 )
wool sweaters
wool hat
waterproff shoes/boots
warm socks/leather socks
belts
cookeries
jackets/hoodi
umberrala
muffler
water proff winter coat /jacket
formal wool coat
gloves
high cut boots ( winterboots)
office dress pant/shirt

Do you think I should add more to the list or any special advise if you would like to give. Apart from this can anyone please advise me where to get this kind of stuff as this is all winter related and I believe there might be some specific shops where one can get such items.
If you are landing in Alberta, please keep one thing in mind that the jackets available in Pakistan do not with stand the cold weather of Canada. They are good upto -10 deg C but below that they usually do not provide enough protection. If you are able to find good jackets please let me know the place also.