Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
rizwan150 said:
Dear Canadamylove and all others,

There is a question being asked to a few people, to show tickets at the time of landing. I am not able to understand that why are they asking for this and what action will they take, if someone has a return ticket in case and they are coming for a short landing, then what Immigration Officer will do?

If anyone in this forum, has observed this thing or came to know from someone in their contacts who have faced such scenario?

I am keen to know what immigration officers will do if someone is coming for a short landing and they are being asked by immigration officer to show the return tickets then what is usual result of that? Do they (immigration officer) still apply for PR cards or not? If not, then what alternate thing they do?

I am coming for short landing of 2 weeks and have come to know from a few people that sometimes, they do ask to show the ticket if its return then what is their course of action?

As question were asked to 2 people i know, but both of them were luckily coming for permanent landing and were having only one way tickets so they showed it to the officer. I want to know for the other case, seniors please share your experience.

Thank you.

Note: Canadamylove: you have done very good research generally on all topics, please through some light on this aspect. How to tackle such situation or share experience of others who might went through such questions...
I never ever heard anyone being asked to show tickets or anything like that.

I wasn't asked about it.

I wasn't even asked for how long I be staying.

they do ask ur address where u going to stay......so u have to give it to them.

the thing is.......as soon as u land here, ur pr card will go into process automatically as part of immigration process and system. u cant ask to stop it or pause it or keep it on hold. the officer has nothing to do with it cos he is not the one who initiates it, its the system here that initiates it automatically.

I don't know why u r coming here for just 2 weeks.........that's not advisable........I would recommend u to stay here till at least one month to get ur PR card. otherwise if u exit Canada without it u wont be able to re-enter cos CIC doesn't send PR card on international addresses. also if u authorize someone else to receive it, still PR card cannot be sent through crourier to international addresses.

its illegal and a crime by law. I confirmed it from immigration officer and he said as a consequence u could loose ur immigration and can be fined as well.

I m not threatening u on something just telling u the law. decision is urs to make.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
canadamylove said:

I wasn't asked about it.

the thing is.......as soon as u land here, ur pr card will go into process automatically as part of immigration process and system. u cant ask to stop it or pause it or keep it on hold. the officer has nothing to do with it cos he is not the one who initiates it, its the system here that initiates it automatically.

I don't know why u r coming here for just 2 weeks.........that's not advisable........I would recommend u to stay here till at least one month to get ur PR card. otherwise if u exit Canada without it u wont be able to re-enter cos CIC doesn't send PR card on international addresses. also if u authorize someone else to receive it, still PR card cannot be sent through crourier to international addresses.

its illegal and a crime by law. I confirmed it from immigration officer and he said as a consequence u could loose ur immigration and can be fined as well.

I m not threatening u on something just telling u the law. decision is urs to make.
Bro,

I have the same understanding from forums, but i was asking it only as it was asked to few people.

Anyways,

Its ok, if nobody is asked this question to people here in this forum, will search some other forums as if it has happened to anyone then how they tackled the situation or what to do in such condition.

Regarding temporary landing, yes, i know about it and regarding PR card to send through courier. Many people have got it already but i will not follow this, my friend is due to travel after 2 months time from my landing so he will hand carry my PR n health cards.

Thank you for your help bro.

nave2014

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
21-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-12-2014 processing started
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
Passport Req..
Insha Allah soon!
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah soon!
LANDED..........
08-05-2015
canadamylove said:
it was ok....just the most tiring thing is journey itself.........14 hrs in flight........it will kill u.........I took 3 days to shed off the tiredness.
dont worry i ve endured 16 hrs in pakistan railway economy class in summer i think i can handle 14 hrs in A380 ;)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
rizwan150 said:
Dear Canadamylove and all others,

There is a question being asked to a few people, to show tickets at the time of landing. I am not able to understand that why are they asking for this and what action will they take, if someone has a return ticket in case and they are coming for a short landing, then what Immigration Officer will do?

If anyone in this forum, has observed this thing or came to know from someone in their contacts who have faced such scenario?

I am keen to know what immigration officers will do if someone is coming for a short landing and they are being asked by immigration officer to show the return tickets then what is usual result of that? Do they (immigration officer) still apply for PR cards or not? If not, then what alternate thing they do?

I am coming for short landing of 2 weeks and have come to know from a few people that sometimes, they do ask to show the ticket if its return then what is their course of action?

As question were asked to 2 people i know, but both of them were luckily coming for permanent landing and were having only one way tickets so they showed it to the officer. I want to know for the other case, seniors please share your experience.

Thank you.

Note: Canadamylove: you have done very good research generally on all topics, please through some light on this aspect. How to tackle such situation or share experience of others who might went through such questions...

You can give Canadian address (if you have) to immigration when landing, so they can mail your card to that address.
If your friend/family in Canada can courier your card to you to Pakistan, it can be ok or have someone carry it if someone is going to Pak.
Ensure they keep a copy of it.

There is no need to tell them you're coming in for short landing. By law, you are allowed to leave even the next day or same evening!
CBSA will not cancel or do anything bad.
You can always call CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 and speak to agent to update PR Card address (from within Canada).

Yes, it is perfectly legal to courier PR Card outside Canada. It's very normal. I've sent it to Europe for family so personal experience here.
Not sure why some members are spreading fear or saying it is illegal.

siamu

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
canadamylove said:
in return I paid that fia guy 4000. to is tara jaha mere 15000 lagne thay waha sirf 4 mai kaam hogeya and excess luggage bhi 34 34 per nikal gaye. even hand carries were 14 kg each (I was carrying 3 hand carrys) and uske ilawa mere and meri wife ka back pack bhi tha weighing 6 kg each.............to itna sara weight aram se nikal geya. he dropped us in waiting lounge then he went back.

the custom asked me how much dollars I m carrying...........I told them 5000 cash only. no other currency nothing else. again than fia guy helped there and they didn't searched a single thing not a single bag. I was carrying in fact 38000 Canadian dollars cash! yes I took them all cash and nothing happened Alhamdulillah.

at Toronto airport the cbsa guy asked me nothing.............no forms of goods accompanying no forms of goods to follow. he just asked me to show the gold jewelry and by looking at all separately he stamped the photos of jewelry. nothing he asked nothing he took nothing he demanded. hamari sari tayyari gayi tail lene............ :D

everything went smoothly. Alhamdulillah.
So you...

...bribed,

...stole money from the airlines,

...circumvented regulations,

...lied,

...broke laws.

And you keep saying "alhadulillah"

What kind of a *censored word*ty Allah do YOU pray to? You should be deeply ashamed that you bribed, jumped other people, stole money, and have the gumption to drag Allah into all of this. Despicable. I mean, break all the laws you want, but don't bring god into it.

siamu

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Lala171 said:
MASHA ALLAH u r a lucky person k thoray sy paisay mein Apka Sab Kaam hogya. ALLAH agay b Apko Sab kaamo mein asaani dain. R u lived in Mississauga? And I pray airport par Sab ko achay log milain Jo luggage prblm solve karwa dain Sab ka. Ameen
Allah karay sub ko rishwatkhor, haramzaday milain takay masla hal ho jaey. ameen. Kaisa zabardast allah hai aapka. mashallah mashallah.

Just wow. No shame at all.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
App Rcvd:May 8 '14
Nomination.....
DD:Jul 17 '14
AOR Received.
Line 1:Aug 10 '14
IELTS Request
PER:Aug 18 '14
File Transfer...
Line 2:Oct 16 '14
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
RPRF:Dec 2 '14
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
siamu said:
So you...

...bribed,

...stole money from the airlines,

...circumvented regulations,

...lied,

...broke laws.

And you keep saying "alhadulillah"

What kind of a *censored word*ty Allah do YOU pray to? You should be deeply ashamed that you bribed, jumped other people, stole money, and have the gumption to drag Allah into all of this. Despicable. I mean, break all the laws you want, but don't bring god into it.
beta tum beth kar sartey raho or jaltey raho :D

1. I didn't bribed anyone...I paid service charges to the person. no one works or offer services for free.

2. I didn't stole anyone's money, they didn't checked and didn't asked to me to pay.......I was keeping money to pay but neither they checked and neither they asked :D tum sartey raho beth ker hahahhaahha

3. rules and regulations are meant for only poor people in Pakistan.........why don't u call politicians and rich people to ask them and follow rules? sartey raho beth ker :D

4. yes I lied to save hassle and save tension and depression.....cos if FIA and customs would have been honest and sincere then I would have never lied........like in Canada I declared everything honestly.........to beta tum beth kar saro :D

5. again same answer for breaking law.............aur tum sartey raho :D

Alhamdulillah Allah created such people like u who always are jealous and they remain like this for whole life..........common beta keep jealous and burn ur blood........hahahahhahaha :D sartey raho beta :D

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
siamu said:
Allah karay sub ko rishwatkhor, haramzaday milain takay masla hal ho jaey. ameen. Kaisa zabardast allah hai aapka. mashallah mashallah.

Just wow. No shame at all.
hum sabka to Allah aik he hai.......lekin shaed tumara koi aur hai ya hai he nahi :D

hahahahha sarte raho beta jaltey raho.

Allah karey tume sab log rules and law k milay takey tumara kaam kabhi na ho :D :D

mera kaam to 10 months mai hogeya.........ALHAMDULILLAH :D

lekin tum bethay huey ho :D :D lolz

jam2k94

Nov 14, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London - RFI - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged 07-01-2015
Nomination.....
PER 29-01-2015
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
Received by LVO on 29-01-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
02-06-2016
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
ان شاء الله Soon
VISA ISSUED...
ان شاء الله Soon
LANDED..........
ان شاء الله Soon
canadamylove said:
hum sabka to Allah aik he hai.......lekin shaed tumara koi aur hai ya hai he nahi :D

hahahahha sarte raho beta jaltey raho.

Allah karey tume sab log rules and law k milay takey tumara kaam kabhi na ho :D :D

mera kaam to 10 months mai hogeya.........ALHAMDULILLAH :D

lekin tum bethay huey ho :D :D lolz
Canadamylove be careful while saying something. If politicians are doing wrongs means that every one has the right to do so?

ali_aff

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
File Transfer...
SLU - 03-07-2015
Med's Request
29-07-2015
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-09-2015 - submission 05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015 - passport received on 21-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-04-2016 - received PR 19-06-2016 - OHIP 19-07-2016
Is it compulsory to carry required fund in cash? what if banker's (or manager's cheque) in CAD are taken and get encashed once account is open after landing? will that be sufficient as PoF for CBSA.

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
canadamylove said:

I wasn't asked about it.

Brother,

Just to add some info, in case it may help someone, that even if you do short landing and leave canada without PR card, you can still re-enter Canada using a 'Travel Document Form' which is available on CIC website. That form needs to be filled and sent to the Canadian Embassy in your country, they will issue the travel document and you can then re-enter Canada.

Lastly, I've heard people saying that couriering the PR card is illegal but couldn't find the law written anywhere and many of the people I know have received their PR cards from their family/friends in Canada.

SAli_KSA

Jul 30, 2014
Hi Canadamylove,

Really nice to read your posts, please keep up the good and do share your Canadian experience with us as you get to know Canada.

I am also concerned about how to bring money to Canada from Saudi ? Do not know if it is a good to make a draft?
Did they sign/stamp the declaration form of your Cash Money at toronto Airport. I am also planing to settle near Toronto.

Thanks

canadamylove said:

I wasn't asked about it.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
ali_aff said:
Is it compulsory to carry required fund in cash? what if banker's (or manager's cheque) in CAD are taken and get encashed once account is open after landing? will that be sufficient as PoF for CBSA.
Yes it should be necessary.
Cash is not necessary, it can also be in the form of cheques, drafts, etc.....but that will take few days/weeks to clear, those funds will not be available immediately in the account. So it is strongly advised to carry some cash for first couple of months at least....cash works everywhere immediately.

But yes, the total POF amount must be available. Even though officers normally don't ask, it is a risk not to carry it all.
In the past there have been cases where people were sent back due to not bringing POF in required amount (total should be equal to POF for size of family/people immigrating)

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
Guiders said:
Brother,

Just to add some info, in case it may help someone, that even if you do short landing and leave canada without PR card, you can still re-enter Canada using a 'Travel Document Form' which is available on CIC website. That form needs to be filled and sent to the Canadian Embassy in your country, they will issue the travel document and you can then re-enter Canada.

Lastly, I've heard people saying that couriering the PR card is illegal but couldn't find the law written anywhere and many of the people I know have received their PR cards from their family/friends in Canada.
great info thanks a lot for the updates.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
jam2k94 said:
Canadamylove be careful while saying something. If politicians are doing wrongs means that every one has the right to do so?
please stop commenting on what I did.........wrong or right.

please mind your own businesses. I m not here to get review on what I did was right or wrong. that scenario or condition was applicable on me or with me.

if u do not want to approach in similar way then u have all the rights to do the things in your own ways. I m just telling u all that how I did it and how it went with me.

if u find it helpful then ok if not then also ok. I m not here to ask for your praises or comments or feed backs.

thanks .