+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Thank you and good luck in your application.
If don't mind me asking, do they accept email submission nowadays or the specified to submit documents via mail post ?
you can submit it by logging in to portal, webform, or by courier

Alali

Feb 4, 2022
you can submit it by logging in to portal, webform, or by courier
That's good the VO accept electronic submission because a friend of mine had to send documents along with police certificate via post which took very long last year.
Thanks for the info Sohaib

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Generic aaplication form 0008
Additional dependants 0008DEP
Schedule A background declaration 5669
Supplementary information 5562
additional family information 5406

basically everything submitted before in the main application plus current passport, and proof of relationship to the spouse in Canada
Did they not ask you to pay for Biometrics and submit the receipt as well?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015

racheelnaeem

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Generic aaplication form 0008
Additional dependants 0008DEP
Schedule A background declaration 5669
Supplementary information 5562
additional family information 5406

basically everything submitted before in the main application plus current passport, and proof of relationship to the spouse in Canada
I submitted same documents and it's been 6 months now no news yet

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
This is the most frustrating time for me in my life... I came to Canada in September, 2017, and claimed asylum a week after. When claiming, my family were already included in my claim. Got my pr in 2020 and my family's files transferred to South Africa VO in October, 2020. Before the transfer, IRCC had asked my wife for police clearance in South Africa which was then added to her file transferred to the VO. This police clearance for those who don't know is the Criminality IRCC uses as part of the stages you go through. Although, I had paid for her biometric and it was completed during this period. Since then, no progress from South Africa VO! MP intervention, several emails, nothing... Everytime we asked for update, only thing we got was "Criminality" passed for more than 1 year, this continued. In December, 2021, email from IRCC asking for additional documents, a marriage certificate with evidence of both couples present on the wedding day, instructions for my entire family (wife and 2 kids) for medicals. For the marriage certificate, this is for others who might be in my situation to act fast before IRCC waste your time the more... Back to my topic... we initially submitted our marriage certificate which we'd used for years but IRCC kept quiet until this last minute. It was stated that such marriage isn't recognized in Canada (it is called Proxy marriage) as I was in South Africa at the time of the marriage while my wife was in Nigeria. So the marriage was done in absentia. In Canada, this is unacceptable! Upon receiving this, we acted quickly to arrange a wedding in a third country as I am not allowed to go back to my country of origin for now. We were so excited that we've reached the end of the hurdles as we anticipated that the next thing would be for South Africa VO to ask for my family's passports in some weeks time after we submitted our new marriage certificate. To be dealt a big bang blow, MP contacted South Africa VO yesterday via IRCC to know the status of my family's applications, it was revealed that "marriage certificate received, Criminality passed, medical passed, eligibility ongoing and security not started".
It was a response that was beyond my imagination! As I'd read on this platform that security usually takes between 6 - 8 months if not even more... I was almost devastated as to how my family's applications outside Canada could take 2 years to finalize? This is a shame!

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
This is the most frustrating time for me in my life... I came to Canada in September, 2017, and claimed asylum a week after. When claiming, my family were already included in my claim. Got my pr in 2020 and my family's files transferred to South Africa VO in October, 2020. Before the transfer, IRCC had asked my wife for police clearance in South Africa which was then added to her file transferred to the VO. This police clearance for those who don't know is the Criminality IRCC uses as part of the stages you go through. Although, I had paid for her biometric and it was completed during this period. Since then, no progress from South Africa VO! MP intervention, several emails, nothing... Everytime we asked for update, only thing we got was "Criminality" passed for more than 1 year, this continued. In December, 2021, email from IRCC asking for additional documents, a marriage certificate with evidence of both couples present on the wedding day, instructions for my entire family (wife and 2 kids) for medicals. For the marriage certificate, this is for others who might be in my situation to act fast before IRCC waste your time the more... Back to my topic... we initially submitted our marriage certificate which we'd used for years but IRCC kept quiet until this last minute. It was stated that such marriage isn't recognized in Canada (it is called Proxy marriage) as I was in South Africa at the time of the marriage while my wife was in Nigeria. So the marriage was done in absentia. In Canada, this is unacceptable! Upon receiving this, we acted quickly to arrange a wedding in a third country as I am not allowed to go back to my country of origin for now. We were so excited that we've reached the end of the hurdles as we anticipated that the next thing would be for South Africa VO to ask for my family's passports in some weeks time after we submitted our new marriage certificate. To be dealt a big bang blow, MP contacted South Africa VO yesterday via IRCC to know the status of my family's applications, it was revealed that "marriage certificate received, Criminality passed, medical passed, eligibility ongoing and security not started".
It was a response that was beyond my imagination! As I'd read on this platform that security usually takes between 6 - 8 months if not even more... I was almost devastated as to how my family's applications outside Canada could take 2 years to finalize? This is a shame!
By reading your message,the only thing that slowed your wife’s application getting completed was the marriage that you had carried on.its true IRCC never accepts marriages where one party isn’t available.so according to all that,seems her application was restarted which might take 6 to 12 months to complete depending on how easily they get responses from the officials in your country about her and the country where you carried out the wedding. So sorry for sure i feel so sad for you bro.

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
One of my friends received his eCOPR last night through PR portal, but there is nothing mentioned about his dependant's kids outside Canada, He applied for PR in February 2021, Anyone has any idea, where to start now for the dependant's application ? or they (IRCC) will send future instruction? Thank you.

Alali

Feb 4, 2022
One of my friends received his eCOPR last night through PR portal, but there is nothing mentioned about his dependant's kids outside Canada, He applied for PR in February 2021, Anyone has any idea, where to start now for the dependant's application ? or they (IRCC) will send future instruction? Thank you.
Did they mentioned them as dependents on his ecopr ?

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
I have seen few people on this forum having the same issue. In any case it is better to contact the IRCC and ask them to include dependents
I believe eCOPR mentioned only name who is resided Canada, are they (dependents) supposed to mention in eCOPR, since they are outside Canada. Clarify please. Thank you.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hang in there, i feel really bad for you. I hope your family get reunited soon

Reactions: izolomo

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
By reading your message,the only thing that slowed your wife’s application getting completed was the marriage that you had carried on.its true IRCC never accepts marriages where one party isn’t available.so according to all that,seems her application was restarted which might take 6 to 12 months to complete depending on how easily they get responses from the officials in your country about her and the country where you carried out the wedding. So sorry for sure i feel so sad for you bro.
Thanks man. But they could have told us earlier that the previous marriage certificate was unacceptable. When MP contacted them several times, they only responded that her file was "complex" but they never told us what the complexity was...