+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Are eligibility/security/criminality assessed in a specific order? And usually how long does eligibility take?
Beirut VO here, criminality was done in 2022, pending security (longest in beirut) and then eligibility. No specific timeline, it all depends on the officer handling the file.

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Beirut VO here, criminality was done in 2022, pending security (longest in beirut) and then eligibility. No specific timeline, it all depends on the officer handling the file.
I know some cases in beirut that got everything done within 5-6 months.. it is strange that it took that long in your case

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
i am overseas dependent living in UAE , citizen of Pakistan

documents require from embassy

Birth certificates (with both parents’ names) of all your and spouse’s children from previous and current relationship(s).
i have question
How can i get birth certificate because my parents passed away.
we cannot get birth certificate without parents in Pakistan.

any suggestions

Reactions: Aman0307

Ra1993

May 29, 2024
Hello, Any one here has an application at Beirut VO.
This is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2023.
  2. We started processing your application on October 27, 2023.
  3. We sent you correspondence on January 9, 2024. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on January 9, 2024. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been recieved.
    When I should expect PPR, based on you experience?

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
This is my timeline:
  3. We sent you correspondence on January 9, 2024. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on January 9, 2024. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I am in Beirut VO
App received march 2023
Started processing nov 2023
Correspondence sent 30 nov 2023
principal applicant got pr dec 2023
Nothing since then
Waiting for medicals

Reactions: Aman0307

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
This is my timeline:
When did the principal applicant get PR?

Ra1993

May 29, 2024
I am in Beirut VO
App received march 2023
Started processing nov 2023
Correspondence sent 30 nov 2023
principal applicant got pr dec 2023
Nothing since then
Waiting for medicals
They send me a request for additional documents, biometric and medicals at the same time, that was on Januray, 9. I submit all requested documents after 10 days, and did biometric and medicals on Januray, 15. And nothing since then! I sent several emails to ask about my application and they always reply with the same answer: "The application about which you are enquiring is under officer assessment."

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
They send me a request for additional documents, biometric and medicals at the same time, that was on Januray, 9. I submit all requested documents after 10 days, and did biometric and medicals on Januray, 15. And nothing since then! I sent several emails to ask about my application and they always reply with the same answer: "The application about which you are enquiring is under officer assessment."
That’s what they tell me when I send them emails too:(
Do you know any recent applications that were finalized in Beirut?

Ra1993

May 29, 2024
It is surprising that they sent you medical requests because usually they leave it till the end. Anw the cases I know in real life where finished in 5-7 months after the applicant got his PR but they seem to be taking longer now
Hopefully we will get our PPR soon! I had two kids and we have been separated so long!
That’s what they tell me when I send them emails too:(
Do you know any recent applications that were finalized in Beirut?
Unfortunately، no! In the cases you know, how much it took to get PPR after medical exams?