+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
PLease if you have some info share, would be happy to read,

Jan 2021, done biometric, medicals as well, nothing heard since VO is Ankara, how do you think how long it could last,? anybody same situation?
As I contacted Ankara They said currently they are processing October 2019 locked Application, as I heard some news they are expediting and focusing on sponsorship applications for overseas spouse and their family, my advice to you is just to keep in touch with regarding your wife application.

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
principal applicant timeline on gckey shows 91% but overseas spouse has not even done medical.what does this mean?both applications processing at the same time.principal application shows estimated time 10 weeks from now..is this still enough time for medical?

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
As I contacted Ankara They said currently they are processing October 2019 locked Application, as I heard some news they are expediting and focusing on sponsorship applications for overseas spouse and their family, my advice to you is just to keep in touch with regarding your wife application.
Did your family receive pre arrival letter? I believe you are Ankara VO too

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
2019 October? I have sent 2020 Nov. So more than year applicants still in waiting line. If it is true then can not any words to describe situation.

• Sad
Reactions: KatbiyaNazi

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
How do you guys know if they received the documents you sent? They asked additional documents for my daughter, we sent it to Ankara, but we don't know if they received it or not. Is there a way of learning this? They told us we can check it online but we can't link it and CAS tool doesn't show it either. I know that they received the medical results tho.

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
2019 October? I have sent 2020 Nov. So more than year applicants still in waiting line. If it is true then can not any words to describe situation.
I believe it is the date of the main applicant. When I check my daughters application on CAS, it shows they received it 2 days after I submitted my application.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
I believe it is the date of the main applicant. When I check my daughters application on CAS, it shows they received it 2 days after I submitted my application.
So your dependants which steps they have done already, medical biometric ?

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Thats what i see on Gckey pls explanations do you guys have any idea about it?

Benita bose

Apr 8, 2021
Please am in Nigeria i have fill my PR form and validate it please was the next step, please can someone put me through on how to follow up thanks

Ilaha

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
On the website, when I check the progress of my spouse application, when I have applied for PR, includinging him as a spouse, It says that the process has started and that the application was received in December, 2019 But after asking to send his documents to Vienna's office, does it mean that his process will be starting from scratch?

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
On the website, when I check the progress of my spouse application, when I have applied for PR, includinging him as a spouse, It says that the process has started and that the application was received in December, 2019 But after asking to send his documents to Vienna's office, does it mean that his process will be starting from scratch?
No. It's is in progress. It's going along as it should.