+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
HI I applied for PR July 2023 as a protected person including my applications my wife and two kids overseas.

In my timeliness shows that biometric and medical exam has been received.
Still eligibility it's reviewing
Background in progress
Final Decision in progress.

But I'm wondering there is no informations about my dependents IRCC they don't contact or ask for anything.

Only I have online account my applications it has been linked and I can see updets about me main applicant.

Please I need help when my dependents will be connected and also from your perspective how will be their processes steps.

Thanks and I appreciate your help.
There are no set rules on when IRCC contacts dependents of protected persons overseas. However, people can give you their experience to help you make judgments. In my case, my family abroad was contacted exactly a month after the processing of my application started. It was via email.
Processing of my application started 7 months after submission.

Different people here have different experiences as to timelines. Meanwhile, my family is still stuck overseas 3 years after my application and almost 2 years after I got my PR.

All the best.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Thanks for your reply.
I called IRCC they told me I should put in the place of birth the city name as I put it in the PR application. And in the ecas only countries are listed in the place of birth not the cities. This is why ecas doesn't show my dependent files.

Any one face the same issue which can share his experience would be appreciated.
Therefore, it’s advisable to link your application to your GCKey account and monitor it from there. That’s even far better than viewing it on eCAS.

All the best.

Tito-Tito

Feb 29, 2024
Hi everyone.
I am happy to find this thread ✨️
I have 2 questions please.
1. How can I track my overseas family application I could not link the application to my gckey account is there any portal that I can follow-up through ( view status, send/receive requested documents)

2. My family have been asked to do biometric and asked for police clearance, what arr the next steps and what is the estimated time from this point.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I received my PR jan 2024 and my overseas partner was on my application (submitted feb 2022).
I havent gotten any update for her at all other than PCC in oct 2022.
can I track her application anywhere other than ecas?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I received my PR jan 2024 and my overseas partner was on my application (submitted feb 2022).
I havent gotten any update for her at all other than PCC in oct 2022.
can I track her application anywhere other than ecas?
The shortest response is NO. It’s only through eCAS you can follow his/her application.

Reactions: ref19to22

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi everyone.
I am happy to find this thread ✨️
I have 2 questions please.
1. How can I track my overseas family application I could not link the application to my gckey account is there any portal that I can follow-up through ( view status, send/receive requested documents)

2. My family have been asked to do biometric and asked for police clearance, what arr the next steps and what is the estimated time from this point.
You can only view their application through eCAS (Client Application Status). The eCAS has no facility to send/receive requested documents. Whatever is required of them is sent via Webform or as directed by IRCC.

The next step is determined by IRCC. There’s no uniform steps for all applicants. The processing time for overseas dependents of protected person is presently 48 months.

Reactions: ref19to22

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
You can only view their application through eCAS (Client Application Status). The eCAS has no facility to send/receive requested documents. Whatever is required of them is sent via Webform or as directed by IRCC.

The next step is determined by IRCC. There’s no uniform steps for all applicants. The processing time for overseas dependents of protected person is presently 48 months.
eCAS not working

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023

It's so frustrating because that ecas is never updated. For instance mine was last updated in 2021 and now I have passed the 48 months processing time and still no single update or direction.
Honestly I'm not sure there is any plan for this our application type because I've not seen any dependant of a protected person here coming to say they have been issued aPR.
4 years wait is not a joke. Everything is in God's hands now. All the best for everyone here.

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
It's so frustrating because that ecas is never updated. For instance mine was last updated in 2021 and now I have passed the 48 months processing time and still no single update or direction.
Honestly I'm not sure there is any plan for this our application type because I've not seen any dependant of a protected person here coming to say they have been issued aPR.
4 years wait is not a joke. Everything is in God's hands now. All the best for everyone here.
For open eCAS
In PLACE OF BIRTH you enter the name of the city or the name of the country?

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Your visa office?