+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Normal process time
In Sha Allah, you and your dependent will get PR soon.
@ShayanG
Normal processing times is over 2 years and likely over 2.5 years. This isn’t family sponsorship when a non-protected person who is PR or citizen applies to sponsor their spouse to come to Canada and receive PR. In normal sponsorship of a spouse the majority of applications are processing within a year. In this case the father needs to wait and see if he is able to sponsor his son for PR because he is over 21 years of age.

tandon89

Jan 12, 2022
hi guys,
i am a protected person in canada, applied for pr in novmeber 2022 with my dependents. i have not received my pr yet but hoping to get it this year, my question is, will it take the same duration for my dependents as my pr application or it will be more than that. thank you in advance.

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023
hi guys,
i am a protected person in canada, applied for pr in novmeber 2022 with my dependents. i have not received my pr yet but hoping to get it this year, my question is, will it take the same duration for my dependents as my pr application or it will be more than that. thank you in advance.
if your dependants are outside Canada, the processing time as of today is 48months. So they have to wait for 48 months except in some cases which are rare and I've not heard before.

Freivy

Sep 19, 2023
Thanks for the reply. You mean they have accepted medical from his refugee claim process?
He’s already a protected person and we submitted our application back in September 2022 his medicals has already been received by IRCC, and he was asked to do biometrics two weeks ago.

Adnanjaved123

Sep 1, 2023
HI,
I applied asylum in sep 2023 with my family wife and 2 daughters.My sister in law is already in canada.she give me invitation letter.
Now she applied for her mother & dad. Also some time before she applied for his brother.
All three visitors visa was rejected.
Want to asked their rejection is base on I applied asylum or other things.
Thanks.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
hi guys,
The processing time for dependents outside Canada is 48 months at the moment. It can increase or decrease at any moment depending on their processing history. Note, the 48 months starts counting from when the principal applicant’s application was received by IRCC.

Omar231

Nov 11, 2023
Hello everyone, my dependents received this email
You have been identified as a family member/dependent of an in-Canada applicant for permanent residence. As a result, you must be assessed for eligibility and admissibility whether or not you will be accompanying the in-Canada applicant. A visa may or may not be issued to you at the end of the processing even if it has been established that you meet all statutory requirements.
They asked for biometrics fees, and I’ve paid for them and submitted all the documents they asked for, please does anyone know what afterwards

tirunesh

Mar 7, 2024
Hi everyone, I have two connected queries. The first is: Can a protected person sponsor their spouse under the family class as soon as they obtain PR, or is there a waiting period before they can do so? And if they are able to sponsor right away, do they still need the PR card or can they use the information on the eCOPR?

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Hi everyone, I have two connected queries. The first is: Can a protected person sponsor their spouse under the family class as soon as they obtain PR, or is there a waiting period before they can do so? And if they can sponsor right away, do they still need the PR card or can they use the information on the eCOPR?
Did you receive eCopr? Can you please share your timeline? Which country is your spouse's VO?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
HI,
I applied asylum in sep 2023 with my family wife and 2 daughters.My sister in law is already in canada.she give me invitation letter.
Now she applied for her mother & dad. Also some time before she applied for his brother.
All three visitors visa was rejected.
Want to asked their rejection is base on I applied asylum or other things.
Thanks.
Nobody here knows why their applications were rejected. Only IRCC knows why. If you want to get a visa to Canada, you must prove very strong ties in your country. In your case, as you stated, you have already applied for asylum. I guess it will be difficult to grant you a visa (visitor visa) until your asylum application is dispensed with.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi everyone, I have two connected queries. The first is: Can a protected person sponsor their spouse under the family class as soon as they obtain PR, or is there a waiting period before they can do so? And if they are able to sponsor right away, do they still need the PR card or can they use the information on the eCOPR?
A protected person cannot sponsor a spouse through the family class because the spouse is already a dependent at the time he/she became a protected person. A protected person should add the spouse to his/her application. As a protected person, you can only sponsor a spouse you married after you achieved your new status (protected person or PR).

A physical PR card is not what makes you a Permanent Resident. As a permanent resident, you may not have need for your PR card for once and can even become a citizen without having need for it. At best, your PR card is useful when you travel in/out of Canada.

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hello everyone,
My spouse overseas received a biometrics letter 3 weeks back and she provided her biometrics. But whenever I tried to check her application status on ECAS it gave me a message like "we can not identify you using the information provided".

Can anyone guide me of how I can track the dependents PR applications?

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Hello everyone,
My spouse overseas received a biometrics letter 3 weeks back and she provided her biometrics. But whenever I tried to check her application status on ECAS it gave me a message like "we can not identify you using the information provided".

Can anyone guide me of how I can track the dependents PR applications?
You are putting some wrong information that’s why it’s giving you this msg check last name or uci number or country of birth.