+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Over 6 months waiting by the ceremony

renet

Jul 22, 2019
Hi there, I'm really worried, last January 30, 2019, I did the test and approved it, since then until today I have not received any invitation for the citizenship ceremony, it's been more than 6 months since I took the test and it's been a year since I applied,so Does anyone know what may be happening or what should I do?
Thank you very much.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi there, I'm really worried, last January 30, 2019, I did the test and approved it, since then until today I have not received any invitation for the citizenship ceremony, it's been more than 6 months since I took the test and it's been a year since I applied,so Does anyone know what may be happening or what should I do?
Thank you very much.
This is not that unusual. A lot depends on the IRCC office that is handling your application. Does your eCAS page show "decision made" or still "in progress"?

renet

Jul 22, 2019
This is not that unusual. A lot depends on the IRCC office that is handling your application. Does your eCAS page show "decision made" or still "in progress"?
Hi, first thaks for you answer. I did the test in Scarborough location, the status on Web Site says "waiting for ceremony invitation", so if we read on IRCC website, it says that the regular time after the person aprovade the test, in 3 months should receive the invitation, but I have 6months, I don't know if it's happening something with my process, so is this waiting time normal ( 6 months)? what do u thing friend? thank you.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi, first thaks for you answer. I did the test in Scarborough location, the status on Web Site says "waiting for ceremony invitation", so if we read on IRCC website, it says that the regular time after the person aprovade the test, in 3 months should receive the invitation, but I have 6months, I don't know if it's happening something with my process, so is this waiting time normal ( 6 months)? what do u thing friend? thank you.
Are you still within the 12 month time frame from date of application? If yes, then you just have to wait it out. If you’re past it, look at other options like ATIP, involving your MP, calling the call centre.

renet

Jul 22, 2019
Are you still within the 12 month time frame from date of application? If yes, then you just have to wait it out. If you’re past it, look at other options like ATIP, involving your MP, calling the call centre.
Hi. Yes I past it, I have 13 months from date I applied, please can u tell me what is ATIP and MP?
I called to call centre and they only told me, in the system doesn't appear nothing wrong, just wait, but I think so there's other things that they maybe can't see it... thank y

thank you very much

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
There could many reasons for this: either you are in line for invitation due to lack of resources at the office, or some of your checks for eligibility (e.g. residency) or clearances (e.g. security checks) are not complete yet. In some cases people are waiting about 2 years for some checks to complete.

hockeyto

Jan 23, 2019
for me 6 months on Friday since I took the test.
Scarborough too.
I don't really understand, the process was fast until the test and decision made
I called MP, they checked with CIC. Nothing special, I'm just waiting for the ceremony...

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
In a very few cases, I observed that refugees who became PR and applied for citizenship took so long after passing the test when they travel back to their home countries after they enter Canada as refugee. Does this case apply to you? If yes, then there can be a some troubles. IRCC may try to remove the refugee status and applicant may need to leave Canada.