+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outside Canada class application. Submitted march 2017

Paddler30

Aug 6, 2018
Is anybody else experiencing long delays? My husband applied to sponsor me for PR on march 2017. We misunderstood the difference between outside and inside applications. We now realize that the application should've been inside Canada because we want to live together and I wish to work while the application is processed. I had an interview in Sydney Australia in March 2018 and received an "invitation to pre - arrival services" letter only one day after the interview was completed. It's now august 2018 and I've received no messages from the office apart from " your application is currently being processed - we'll send you a message when this changes" how much longer do I expect to wait? On the emails from the Sydney office, it says they are experiencing longer than normal processing times at the Sydney consulate office. I'm currently visitIng my husband in Canada on a visitor visa and would like to apply for a work permit so We can remain together until the decision on my PR is made. As far as I can understand from the information on the website, I am only able to apply for a work permit from outside Canada. Does this mean I'd have to go back to Australia and apply for a work permit from there. Am I given any special consideration because I'm married to a Canadian? Does it help that we currently have an application for spouse sponsorship in its final stages? Does anyone know if I can cross border into the US and then re-enter Canada, Applying for a work permit at the Port of Entry?
I just want to live with my husband in Canada and start working again. Thanks in advance for any help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You do not qualify for a work permit since you applied for PR outland. You would only qualify for an open work permit if you applied for PR inland. There are no special considerations.

Paddler30

Aug 6, 2018
You do not qualify for a work permit since you applied for PR outland. You would only qualify for an open work permit if you applied for PR inland. There are no special considerations.
Yep that's what I thought thankyou.