+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship-Interim status

SIYR

Jan 18, 2018
Windsor Area
Hello!

I'm a Permanent Resident living in Canada and my fiance is back home in our native country. We are planning to get married in February. The processing time for a spouse is 12 months. I don't want to be separated from my spouse after marriage. How to bring ny spouse to Canada during the sponsorship application process and with what visa? I heard the chances of getting a TRV is 50% and I don't want to jeopardize the application as well. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me.

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello!

I'm a Permanent Resident living in Canada and my fiance is back home in our native country. We are planning to get married in February. The processing time for a spouse is 12 months. I don't want to be separated from my spouse after marriage. How to bring ny spouse to Canada during the sponsorship application process and with what visa? I heard the chances of getting a TRV is 50% and I don't want to jeopardize the application as well. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me.

Thanks.
Hi

Chances are actually much lower than 50%. With a PR spouse, she is a higher risk to overstay. A TRV refusal will not affect a sponsorship app.

SIYR

Jan 18, 2018
Windsor Area
Hi

Chances are actually much lower than 50%. With a PR spouse, she is a higher risk to overstay. A TRV refusal will not affect a sponsorship app.
Appreciate your response! Do you think getting a TRV before marriage and a flight itinerary to go back home would convince immigration authorities?

SIYR

Jan 18, 2018
Windsor Area
Can I apply for an open work permit while the spousal sponsorship processing is taking place? Does it require my spouse to be physically present in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can I apply for an open work permit while the spousal sponsorship processing is taking place? Does it require my spouse to be physically present in Canada?
You must both be in Canada and apply inland to apply for an OWP.