+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland PR applicant

kylie1616

Star Member
Nov 29, 2022
Hi ,
I recently got accepted as a permanent resident of Canada. I applied through the Outland common law sponsorship. I chose the Outland option, so I’d be able to visit my family in the US. I’m currently in the US visiting family , but don’t have a physical PR card to return to Canada(it hasn’t arrived yet). Therefore , I only have the digital version that says it’s unavailable for travel . However, I did the Outland application. So my question is , will I be able to get back into Canada without my physical pr card ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,
I recently got accepted as a permanent resident of Canada. I applied through the Outland common law sponsorship. I chose the Outland option, so I’d be able to visit my family in the US. I’m currently in the US visiting family , but don’t have a physical PR card to return to Canada(it hasn’t arrived yet). Therefore , I only have the digital version that says it’s unavailable for travel . However, I did the Outland application. So my question is , will I be able to get back into Canada without my physical pr card ?
Insufficient information. Are you a US passport holder? Are you planning to re-enter Canada by air or by land?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes I have a US passport. Airplane
You can travel on your US passport. At passport control, you can show them whatever digital version you have.

That leaves some question of whether you need to 'land' at the border (what digital version you got exactly) or whether you already 'landed' virtually (hopefully you would know). Either way, with US passport, you'll be fine.

kylie1616

Star Member
Nov 29, 2022
Thank you .

I am landing at the border in Calgary via airplane . I have a digital eCoPR and a physical US passport.