+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND approved sponsorship then STUCK in Mississauga ... GATHER HERE ...

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Hi,
I thought I might give a little update. I'm in the same situation, we applied in February and we are still in Mississauga.
I called today and the lady said they had everything. She said she couldn't understand why our file had not been transferred yet since it's been 3 months since they received the police report and schedule A (we actually sent it in March, but sent it again in July after realizing they had not received it the first time). She said she will send them a note to have them look in our file and see if it's ok to get it transferred. She was also able to confirm that when if finally gets transferred, it will go to Ottawa.
So there... it's a very small victory, but hope that it will finally get things moving.
Hopefully they will get back to you with some kind of update. For us the situation is similar....still in Mississauga without much update. What about your ecas? Do you have In Process under principal applicant?

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Hi,
I thought I might give a little update. I'm in the same situation, we applied in February and we are still in Mississauga.
I called today and the lady said they had everything. She said she couldn't understand why our file had not been transferred yet since it's been 3 months since they received the police report and schedule A (we actually sent it in March, but sent it again in July after realizing they had not received it the first time). She said she will send them a note to have them look in our file and see if it's ok to get it transferred. She was also able to confirm that when if finally gets transferred, it will go to Ottawa.
So there... it's a very small victory, but hope that it will finally get things moving.
We were told the same thing. Our notes even say those after the agent sent a inquiry to the officers on our behalf. They were still looking asnto if we met eligibility for Ob570

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
Hopefully they will get back to you with some kind of update. For us the situation is similar....still in Mississauga without much update. What about your ecas? Do you have In Process under principal applicant?
Ecas still says only Application received

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
We were told the same thing. Our notes even say those after the agent sent a inquiry to the officers on our behalf. They were still looking asnto if we met eligibility for Ob570
What's Ob570?

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
I found your explications for Ob570 in another thread. I don't know if it might be the same reason for the hold up for us. I asked GMSC notes for the first time 2 weeks ago.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Ecas still says only Application received
My Ecas still says received.

I found your explications for Ob570 in another thread. I don't know if it might be the same reason for the hold up for us. I asked GMSC notes for the first time 2 weeks ago.
It could be. I ordered our notes in July and got them late august. It looked as though it hadn't been touched.

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
Today, we finally received a medical request! We applied with the new package, so we hadn't done it upfront. I wonder if this results from our call on Monday. I'm so happy things might finally be moving.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
So I've finally heard back from our MP office.
Strangely enough, we got an update on MyCIC right before the MP Office emailed them. The following is my update via the office. :

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s Application to sponsor a common-law partner living outside Canada:
· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario on February 6, 2017.
· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete was finalized on March 1, 2017.
· The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituents common-law meet the eligibility requirements.
o the assessment for the common-law is still in process at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.
· The medical examination results are on file and valid until December 2, 2017, for your constituent’s common-law partner.
· The criminality verifications are currently in process.
· The security verifications have not been initiated.
· The application is pending review.
· As per our current processing times, it may take up to12 months to finalize the application. However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate and can vary with each individual case.
· If the application is approved:
o the constituent’s common-law partner will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and
o the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which your constituent’s common-law partner will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
· If the application is refused:
o the officer will send the constituent’s common-law partner a refusal letter,
o a copy of the refusal letter will also be sent to your constituent including:
§ a letter explaining appeal rights*,
§ a Notice of Appeal*, and

§ instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.

So after receiving this, we're a bit more hopeful now. We even forwarded this to a friend of ours who is an immigrations lawyer and worked as a CIC immigration officer as well. He said everything looks fine and that they just aren't updating us. He also mentions that if we had any updated info since FEB (prove of our relationship) when we applied, that we could send it in now with a note explaining just to help the process.
The MPs office also said it seems like it won't be until early next year.

Reactions: s_saati and jptskt

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Just another thing I wanted to point out was that my medicals don't expire till December second. Which is strange since I started my medicals and got doctor approval October 28th. I did wait some time to actually go get my blood drawn and chest x rayed, but it was all done by November. I'm a bit confused as to why they expire on December unless they've already extended them.

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Just another thing I wanted to point out was that my medicals don't expire till December second. Which is strange since I started my medicals and got doctor approval October 28th. I did wait some time to actually go get my blood drawn and chest x rayed, but it was all done by November. I'm a bit confused as to why they expire on December unless they've already extended them.
Yeah, seems like your medical already is extended. In your last set of GCMS notes you could see that (I think so).

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
Just another update... I received an email today saying that our application will be processed in Mississauga. Maybe also a result of our call on Monday which got them to take another look on our application? My boyfriend got his appointment for his medical exam next week.

Reactions: Nina53

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Just another update... I received an email today saying that our application will be processed in Mississauga. Maybe also a result of our call on Monday which got them to take another look on our application? My boyfriend got his appointment for his medical exam next week.
you and one other person I know have gotten the email. what is your timeline?

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Called Mississauga (I know there was no point)...but because we didnt get any email about being processed in Mississauga...I was wondering why we are still kept there even when they have everything. The agent told me, that they try hard to do as much process as they can in Mississauga and only then (final step) they send it to the VO basically for visa stamping. So we will see. Also ordered notes, maybe too early to order as only 2 months passed since the first ones...but I hope to see something more informative.

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
you and one other person I know have gotten the email. what is your timeline?
Application submitted Feb 13
AOR1 Feb 28
SA March 3
Background/police report submitted March 27 through webform - apparently was never received
Background/police report submitted again July 24
Medical request received Oct 4
Notice of file being process at Mississauga (AOR2?) Oct 7