+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status in US

ks232

Mar 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and need some advice and maybe to find someone in my situation.

Here's my situation, im from Guyana and living in the states for the last 8 yrs now. I came here with someone else visa (backtrack) as some of us might call it. I met someone in Canada and we're looking to get marry by next yr. We're in the process in contacting lawyers and we're told that our case will be handle in Port of Spain. We're scared if i get call for an interview and get deny, then i have to go back to Guyana,which we don't want.

Please help, any info will be greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - the information you were given is correct. Your processing office will be Port of Spain. If you are called for an interview, it will be held there as well. You cannot select Buffalo as your processing office because you were not legally admitted to the US for at least a year. So you're stuck with Port of Spain.

If you get called for an interview, you'll have to leave the US to attend the interview. Once you exit the US, it's going to be very difficult to get back in since you're going to be automatically banned for 10 years as soon as you leave (due to the amount of time you've spent there illegally).

Unfortunately no one here can predict if you're going to be called for an interview or not.