+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status application. New thread for those feeling lost.

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
Well done confusedhusband. Thank you Martha1901

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
I was out of status for about a quarter of 2015. As an American I've been comfortable my entire life and shielded from the difficulties of being an immigrant and the indignities of being without legal status; to some extent, I still am. If not for the hint of an accent in my annunciations and a suspicious 9 at the front of my SIN# you'd probably never know that I am an immigrant.

When I lost my status, I felt as if my worth had diminished somehow, as if I was less of a person because I lacked status. Worse was the fact that virtually no one would have any sympathy because it was my mistake in uploading the wrong file to my application that got me into the quandary.

I wasn't a migrant from South America, I didn't flea a conflict in Syria. I was actually leaving a good situation in the US. The narrative of my lack of status was not the exponent of struggle and loss, drama and politics; no, my struggle was something Kafka might have penned, how a single moment of lapse reverberated like an earthquake. I wondered if it was a flaw in my character that would doom me to situations like these for all my life. I worried that when things counted most, I had been a poor steward of my own destiny. I was Bill Buckner letting the ground ball slip through my legs undisturbed; I was the moth flying into the lamp; I went left when I should have went right...

Maybe the most disturbing thing was that for all my nearly 40 years, I had made exactly the sort of blunder that I had so quickly and exactingly pointed out in others. I had no sympathy for the suffering people, whose struggle to transcend procedural unfairness and simple mistakes had cost them so dearly. And it wasn't just that I could not sympathize with them, but that I felt as if I didn't deserve even a taste of their suffering. With my university degree, reverence and good looks, I thought I simply couldn't fail in life.

My refusal notification, however, was proof that I could fail. My refusal was a reminder that I bleed the same as a refugee bleeds. I needed my time out of status, even though it hurt.

Reactions: bambisp and jay2014

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
Wow I just shed a tear johninsask. I couldn't explain it better myself. Do you have status now? Are you applying if so how?

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Loveactually said:
Wow I just shed a tear johninsask. I couldn't explain it better myself. Do you have status now? Are you applying if so how?
Thank you:) Yes, luckily I regained my status by "restoring" it. I applied for PR via Inland in May 2015--my spouse became pregnant, so it was necessary to secure an open work permit. I want to say that as hellish as any struggle is, especially when it's an existential struggle, it only serves to force you to adapt. In adaptation there is strength. Hence, that which does not kill you, makes you stronger (Nietzsche).

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
I needed to hear that thank you. Deep breaths we will get through this. My son is what keeps me going

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
Feeling hopefully got AOR today please let this be the beginning

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muffinlab said:
can you visit your country after file inland ....
Sure, but if you are denied re-entry into Canada, your Inland application becomes garbage. This is why Inland applicants are advised not to leave, but...it's up to you.

Also, if a person has Implied Status in Canada, that status is lost as soon as they leave Canada...which is moot for those without status, because they would NOT have Implied Status in the first place.

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
muffinlab said:
can you visit your country after file inland ....
You CAN, but it's not recommended. It's best to wait until your application has been approved so there is no question as to whether you'll be allowed back into Canada. It's risky to leave because if you're out of Canada for too long, or are refused entry at the border, your inland application will be refused (one of the requirements to be eligible for inland sponsorship is that you currently live inside Canada), wasting all of the time and money you have spent so far. I wouldn't risk it unless you absolutely need to.

pinkbug

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
Police Certificate 06-07-2016 PCC submitted: 02-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2015
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
30-06-2016
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
Hi everyone
after being out of status for almost 15 months, so glad that we received the medical request today in our email for inland sponsorship.
I'm just wondering am I still going to receive my
OWP one of these days? Or I have to pass the MEDICAL & SECURITY CHECK before receiving the OWP?

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
pinkbug said:
Hi everyone
after being out of status for almost 15 months, so glad that we received the medical request today in our email for inland sponsorship.
I'm just wondering am I still going to receive my
OWP one of these days? Or I have to pass the MEDICAL & SECURITY CHECK before receiving the OWP?
They won't process your OWP until you get AIP. However, and I'm just guessing, after you get AIP you might end up getting DM (and maybe even land) before the OWP gets processed anyways.

muffinlab

May 12, 2016
we applied inland hopfully they allow me to restore my status ... we just found out im pregnant ... we both know it will be rough road ahead of us me having no health care ... we are ready to pay whatever cost we have to do deliver this baby to this world we can only hope God sees us helps us that we are trying whatever to make it right ...i will pray all people whos in this forum thank you .

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muffinlab said:
we applied inland hopfully they allow me to restore my status ... we just found out im pregnant ... we both know it will be rough road ahead of us me having no health care ... we are ready to pay whatever cost we have to do deliver this baby to this world we can only hope God sees us helps us that we are trying whatever to make it right ...i will pray all people whos in this forum thank you .
How long have you been without status? If it's been 90 days or less, you can apply for Restoration of Status. If it's been more than 90 days...you won't be able to do that and will be out of status until the day you land as a PR.