Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
HI Duy, you can take the photos at any photographers, it doesn't have to be a professional one, just show them what it should look like. i didn't get a professional one and the people in IOM said that it was fine

Duy said:
Hi everyone,

I just received the GCMS notes and I believe they are asking for new photos. I believe those are passport format photos.
I am looking for address in Ho Chi Minh City that are professional enough to provide the picture according to the exact specifications.

Thank you in advance.

Duy

phuongbao03

Apr 23, 2014
ttnguyen17 said:
HI Duy, you can take the photos at any photographers, it doesn't have to be a professional one, just show them what it should look like. i didn't get a professional one and the people in IOM said that it was fine
Which district are you living now? You can go to NGoc CHuong in Tran Quang Khai St., dist 1 at the corner of DInh Tien Hoang & Tran Quang Khai.

M

mikeymyke

Hey guys are all passport requests usually sent by mail along with the rest of your application? Has anyone ever got PPR via email?

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
Hi ttnguyen17
I do not trust photographer in vietnam, they make it approximately so we are never sure it meets the specification. The singapore VO has requested 4 pictures for passport, I'm wondering if that means the original ones did not met the specification.

Which district are you living now? You can go to NGoc CHuong in Tran Quang Khai St., dist 1 at the corner of DInh Tien Hoang & Tran Quang Khai.
Thanks for the address phuongbao03. My wife is not from Saigon but she goes up there for re-medical and she will take the pictures at the same time, so any district is ok.

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
Hey guys are all passport requests usually sent by mail along with the rest of your application? Has anyone ever got PPR via email?
hi mikeymyke,
they sent our PPR via mail and we never knew because nothing was showing up on Ecas and it was left at the post office. I only found out 3 months later after going through the GCMS.
I wrote to Singapore VO saying that we didn't receive anything by mail and they sent they replied with the PPR, re-medical, criminal check, etc afterwards.

M

mikeymyke

Thanks for the reply. My wife told me she checked the Vietnamese forums about people coming to Canada as spouses, and she says if 2 months after In Process you do not get PPR, you have to check the post office to make sure its not lost.

Anyway, I found out yesterday my wife got PPR, it was sent to her home address in VN, along with our photos and other stuff. But she's going to stay here for 3 more weeks, then submit her passport right away as soon as she lands in Vietnam. ;D

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
mikeymyke said:
Thanks for the reply. My wife told me she checked the Vietnamese forums about people coming to Canada as spouses, and she says if 2 months after In Process you do not get PPR, you have to check the post office to make sure its not lost.

Anyway, I found out yesterday my wife got PPR, it was sent to her home address in VN, along with our photos and other stuff. But she's going to stay here for 3 more weeks, then submit her passport right away as soon as she lands in Vietnam. ;D
Congrats Mikey. So, it looks as though they have changed methods...used to be primarily email, now more people saying PPR comes in mail. I wish you continued luck for the last few steps. At least there is no need for Police or Re-med right?

Koifish76

M

mikeymyke

Koifish76 said:
Congrats Mikey. So, it looks as though they have changed methods...used to be primarily email, now more people saying PPR comes in mail. I wish you continued luck for the last few steps. At least there is no need for Police or Re-med right?

Koifish76
Hey thanks buddy! Yes I believe there's no need for police or re-med, in that letter, they only ask for 4 photos + passport + Appendix A (which only asks to list any accommodating family members). My wife even told me, all the Vietnamese applicants on other forums got PPR by mail, and they all got their photos and other docs back. So I'm guessing if they're returning our application + passport request (no interview letter), then it's all smooth sailing from here :)

Wish you best of luck too Koifish!

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 25 2014, #2 after interview-Sept 22 2015
Interview........
Request-Dec 2014, Interview-Sept 5 2015
Passport Req..
Oct 14 2015, Sent Oct 16 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 21 2015 [color=green] [b] COMPLETE [/color]
congrats mikeymike on your PPR. wow, that was fast.... and smooth. :)

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
Hi everyone,

we got our PPR from Singapore VO but they also requested the Police Certificate (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap So 2) as well as the IMM5669 Schedule A Background form.

Do we have to send those extra document with the Passport using the secure service by CVAC (Canada Visa Application Center) or they need to be sent separately by mail ?
We will send the passport and photos by CVAC but no info is given on how and where to send the rest of the required documents.
Thank you for any guidance on that topic.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
Canadainfirst said:
Hi everyone
I haven't been on this thread in a long time and I don't recognize most of the names any more. My Vietnamese wife was refused at the interview on October 28 2013. I won my case at ADR just two days ago. The nightmare is over. This waiting was such a downer. I filed in Feb 2011 it took more than 3 years. Singapore must be the worst for average processing time. Thank god I didn't need to go to a full appeal. My wife's file is now going back to Singapore but I know that her medical has expired and her police record will expire soon.

My lawyer has advised me to pay the landing fee immediately. So that by the time they receive her file and check the system they will notice that everything is paid and they will process right away. And not put her file on the stack waiting for payment. I forgot to ask my lawyer if my wife should do the medical right away with her police record. Should she wait for Singapore to contact her and request it. If any one has any knowledge please advise. I see that Dragoon is still active congratulation on your wife's arrival
Really sad to hear experiences like yours :(

now should you only follow instructions by CIC which means that do not send anything they do not request formally in a writing format things like Medical, Police papers and passport.

When your stage will come to passport request which is to send passport after 6 weeks after doing re-medical in the same letter if your application has been longer than 1 year you follow instructions as to where exactly to send from.

M

mikeymyke

alex1234p said:
congrats mikeymike on your PPR. wow, that was fast.... and smooth. :)
Thanks! I'm really glad they didn't request a re-medical or criminal check. I guess it's because our file was processed so quickly

Canadainfirst

Nov 23, 2013
Hi everyone

I need to pay the landing fee for my wife. I think it is called permanent residence fee . All the web site has changed. How do I pay it online?
Thank you to any one who can help.

ttnguyen17

Aug 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
10-02-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
Duy said:
Hi everyone,

we got our PPR from Singapore VO but they also requested the Police Certificate (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap So 2) as well as the IMM5669 Schedule A Background form.

Do we have to send those extra document with the Passport using the secure service by CVAC (Canada Visa Application Center) or they need to be sent separately by mail ?
We will send the passport and photos by CVAC but no info is given on how and where to send the rest of the required documents.
Thank you for any guidance on that topic.
You need to send the police certificate and the schedule A background together with the passport, you will need to go to IOM so they can check your schedule A background for you, and they will show you the place where you can send it to Singapore. Remember to bring some American or Canadian money with you since they don't accept vietnamese dong.

ttnguyen17

Aug 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
10-02-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
Canadainfirst said:
Hi everyone

I need to pay the landing fee for my wife. I think it is called permanent residence fee . All the web site has changed. How do I pay it online?
Thank you to any one who can help.

i think you go from here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp